Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #3

Page 52 of 133 (1985 items) « First ... < Previous 50 51 52 53 54 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,984 Replies | 45 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 179
Points 3,245
Amalie Simper replied on Fri, May 27 2011 12:33 AM | Locked

Oh I am sorry to make some of you not feel like you have enough energy, but that is unfortunately the speed my crafting must take for me to be able to get any done with my work and daughter and trying to get anything done around my house. I also have to say, that I have loved reading all your comments all day.  I can't write and participate that much because i am work most of the day.  However, between exercises in class I do check my email where I have been getting the thread emails and I have been enjoying reading what you are all writing.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 179
Points 3,245
Amalie Simper replied on Fri, May 27 2011 12:36 AM | Locked

wow karla, I have great respect for grandparents to give their time to watch their grandkids when they have already raised kids of their own and perhaps would like a minute to do the relaxing things they wanted to when they were younger.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, May 27 2011 9:22 AM | Locked

To be sure, keeping up with a young family and finding the time to do things YOU want to do is a challenge, Amelie, but you seem to be managing it.

It's another grey rainy day. We've got wide spread flooding throughout the state now. It saddens me that eventually all of that water is going to make it's way south and add to the problems on the Miss. Delta. :(

My Brother and his best friend are here. They arrived last night and will leave in the AM tomorrow. The pup is very vocal today. I think she's confused about why she's here, and not at home...altho she loves having the kids around to play with. She was up at 3:30 this morning, trying to get them to throw her ball for her. Funny Doggy.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Fri, May 27 2011 10:07 PM | Locked

I think this was about the worst day, week, I have had at work for years.  I didn't get any of my regular work done because I had to deal with some staff issues.  Part of the problem was the manager, so I had to report to the area representative, and needless to say, I am not very popular today.  My sister is here visiting so that means I will be busy with her, and that is not a bad thing, but what I really want is to bury myself in sewing. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,350
Robin replied on Fri, May 27 2011 10:25 PM | Locked

Patti,

I can relate work was the pits for me this week as well.  I'm so sorry that you had to deal with such a hostile environment.  I hope your visit with your sister goes well and maybe some quilting with accidentally slip itself into the mix.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Sat, May 28 2011 12:07 AM | Locked

patti, i'm sorry you had a bad day. i was so lucky when i worked,  i could just bury my head in my operatory and stay out of the fray.  

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,530
Points 31,115
Diana replied on Sat, May 28 2011 5:27 AM | Locked

Hi Gang,  I've had a busy week and today it continues.  Went to Chattanooga Wed and Thurs. to see my aunt who was working there for the week.  She lives in upstate NY and travels for her job.  I now live here in TN. so whenever she is closeby, she calls and we get together.  It's about 2 1/2 hour drive each way.   Friday spent the day at the VA hospital with DH for 2 appts.  One at 10 a.m. and the other at 1 p.m.  The hospital is over an hour's drive each way.  Today I'll be going to the Biltmore in Ashville, NC.  I'm meeting up with my sister and niece who I haven't seen in about 4 years.  Long story there.  They now live in Fayetteville, NC so we'll get together for the day.  Wish me luck.  I haven't been near my quilt room all week and I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms....lol  I did hit a shop that was going out of business in Chattanooga when I was there.  40% off everything in the store.  Spent $180 there so it helped....

Well, off to the Biltmore...Have a great holiday everyone and drive safe.

Diana in East Tn. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, May 28 2011 9:33 AM | Locked

Oh Patti, I'm sorry you had a rough week at work. Do you have a long weekend to recover and re-group?

My Brother and the pup just got on the road. He has a 12 hour drive home, and work in the AM. I miss them already!! *SOB*

He couldn't find his keys this AM, and when he did, the battery on his truck was dead. It's still pouring rain and there are road closures... I told him a higher power is trying to give him a message. He needs to stay here for a bit. He wouldn't listen to either of us. The fool.

I did manage to sneak off and spend the whole day putzing around with him yesterday. I was even able to intorduce him to my boss. They have very simular looks. It was kinda creepy having them in the same room. LOL They hit it off well, and quickly discovered common history besides me. I was worried.that they are enough alike (not just in appearence) that I was sure they'd either like each other or hate each other on sight. 'Glad it went well.

Today is hubby's birthday. The gift I orddered for him is on back-order. ARGH. I'll spend the day making him a cake and fussin over him.

Maybe tomorrow I'll have time to work on the little quilt...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sat, May 28 2011 10:01 AM | Locked

Amalie,  I, too, babysit for my Great Grand children - and love it.   In fact when the first one was born nearly 11 years ago,  I requested to babysit him while Mom and Dad worked.  I had him from the time he was 3 weeks old until he was 3 1/2 years old, every day and took care of my ailing parents too.  I loved it all.   You see I was working full time when my grand children were growing up and missed out on a lot with them and resolved to spend as much time as possible with the Great Grands.  I babysat my great grand daughter for the first 2 years of her life also, then Momma gave her a baby brother and I found I couldn't babysit them both after an injury to a nerve in my neck, so I just babysit the youngest one.  He actually has helped me get my strength and breathing ability back. and is now 18 months old and goes to day care 2 days a week and I babysit the other days.

I don't know what I would do without him -other than quilt more.    Good luck with your little ones.  Love them hard, they grow up so fast.

Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, May 28 2011 2:47 PM | Locked

Yesterday was a completely lazy day.  I did nothing - just sat and read a good book.  Oh well I did run to town and buy another 5 gallon bucket of paint for my garage project.  Dave spent the morning volunteering at the Vietnam Memorial traveling wall that is on display in Griffin this weekend.  I did get the doggies out for a couple of laps around the "back 40" before cleaning up to go to synagogue with Dave yesterday evening. 

Today I have been a bit more productive.  I packed up a bunch of greeting cards that I have been given or received from folks trying to get me to donate money to their cause.  I used to be part of a card ministry that died an early death so I had more greeting cards than I would use in two lifetimes.  Dave and I have a friend Pete that sends cards to everyone and their brother so I boxed them up and sent them to him with a note.  Picked up 5 gallons of diesel fuel for the tractor while I was in town to post Pete's package.  David was going to cut the fields but has gotten off onto a tangent ---- has decided to build a fire pit.  David Jr. hauled off a bunch of metal to the recyclers.  When he came back, I talked him into coming next week and painting our front porch to match all of the other trim.  He lost his temporary job and needs money to get back and forth to technical college so he is very willing.  I finished up the table runner that I was making for the ladies tea and even got it posted to my gallery.  I wish that maple leaf fabric showed up better.  When I ran across that "hunk" of fabric, I knew I had to find some way to use it.  I bound that last pre-quilted panel that was stained with mildew so badly for Neko.  He has already burrowed his way under it and is happily snoozing.  Soon I will head back into the sewing room to see what else I can get into.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, May 28 2011 3:28 PM | Locked

Ok Guys and Girls, Don't you DARE laugh at me...

Hubby's all time favorite birthday cake is German Chocolate. I could just run down to the store and buy him one, or even make him one from a boxed mix, but you know me. I do it the hard way.

So this morning I had a mad dash getting my sibling out the door and sending hubby off to work before I started baking. Naturally, I was missing a key ingredient and had to run to the store, where I ran into half the poeple i know... The morning was possitively dizzying! I finally got home and started on the cake with just enough time to get it into the oven before I had to start making lunch for the crew - IF I hurried. Meanwhile the kids are stuck inside on this cold rainy day and were scurrying hither and yon under my feet.  And that sets the stage for you.

Now picture this wild haired, distracted and mildly stressed woman, busily throwing the batter together. The directions call for stirring the vanilla into the burretmilk before adding it to the batter. I grabbed the bottle of brown liquid off the refridgerator shelf and carefully measured it before mixing it into the dairy, and was just about to pour it into the bowl when a wee glimmer of worry slippied into my brain. Something wasn't right... The smell of vanilla wasn't wafting over me.  Glancing around I saw that the lable on that bottle read "SOY SAUCE" ...no wonder it hadn't smelled like warmth and comfort!! 

I sure am glad i didn't add it to the cake! Of course, then I had to go buy more buttermilk to replace what I'd ruined... But better the milk then the cake!!

I have a feeling I may not live this down for a while.  :-( 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, May 28 2011 3:40 PM | Locked

Gee CC - you could have had Chinese chocolate cake --- a totally new creation! 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sat, May 28 2011 7:45 PM | Locked

I'm so bummed.. tonight is our regularly schedule card night and my D M-I-L fell and shattered her wrist and is in a nursing home for rehabs. I know she must really be in pain, and I know how much she likes to play cards. Hopefully, they are giving her enough pain meds so she is resting.

I'm also bummed because I found a gorgous pattern on Clotide and purchased and downloaded it. Then I went looking for the fabric, alas not to be found well that isn't exactly true, I can find it but it is for sale to retail outlets and most that carry it only have bits and pieces of the collections. I think that the next time I'm looking at a pattern, I'll make sure that it isn't designer fabrics because I get so bummed out when the pattern is 2 years old and the fabric is out dated or not longer available.

I'm promising myself that "I will only choose patterns that use generic fabric!" Generic fabric saves time and money and keeps my stress level even :p

Thanks for letting me vent!

xoxoxo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, May 28 2011 8:45 PM | Locked

Ms MoomMist:
Thanks for letting me vent!

I hear ya, MMM, and I can relate!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, May 28 2011 8:49 PM | Locked

Chinese German chocolate cake - too funny, Marge!  I have an Australian Chinese cookbook, and the recipes are quite good though I need an interpreter for some of the ingredients.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 52 of 133 (1985 items) « First ... < Previous 50 51 52 53 54 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use