Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #3

Page 16 of 133 (1985 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,984 Replies | 45 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 5:08 PM | Locked

Good for you ,Adele    I was 37 when I went back to school  and became a nurse.  So see, it can be done.  Don't for a minute think that you are too old.  You are just smart to want to do this. 

Ginny  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,987
Points 64,295
Robin replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 6:21 PM | Locked

Adele,

I totally agree with Ginny learning is never to late. 

Well another day at school.  We are getting ready for state competition, so it is more intense and tiring than usual.  The girls finished their quilts for their project.  We have 6.  They made 3 a former student made 1 and I made two.  We got no support from the local quilt group, which I hate for the kids sake.  But they've done puppet shows for all of the local kindergarten classes (5) and they have two shows tomorrow downtown for the local festival.  They made over two hundred hand puppets of sorts for the children who attended.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 6:40 PM | Locked

Well, I thought that I had posted earlier this morning that I had a new great granddaughter arrive early this morning, but I can't find the post so here it is again-or for the first time.  Great Granddaughter Kelly May. My daughter and I are driving across the state to Grand Rapids tomorrow morning with a car and trunkload of things for the new one.  I am thrilled, but I hope this is the last of great grands- this is number 7.  I've got to get busy to make all of them quilts- only 2 have quilts so far and my brother and his wife want one too. Oh, my what have I started?   

Ginny

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 7:31 PM | Locked

Adele:
guess I'm doing just about everything back words

Good for you Adele.  And as long as it gets done it doesn't matter in which sequence.  Good luck!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 7:36 PM | Locked

Ginny congratulations on your new GGD.  Give Kelly May a hug from all of us here at QCA.  And when you get back home you've got to get busy busy busy, you can do this.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 9:26 PM | Locked

Adele!!!!!

So nice to see you posting this day.  I hope that life is settling in for you and that you and the little ones are doing well.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 9:35 PM | Locked

Adele:
its so wired being 28 and in school, Im going online though University Maryland University College. Im working on a degree in Cyber Crimes and minoring in History i think LOL. guess I'm doing just about everything back words.

I got married at 18 and pregnant right away.  I worked full time as a secretary (they still called them that back then) and then worked my way into computer programming in 1982.  Went to night school through 3 kids and full time work and after 17 years got my degree in computers so I could be qualified to do the job I had been doing for 15 years.  Backwards can work!  LOL  Hang in there.  You won't regret it.  My graduation day was one of the happiest days of my life.  I never dreamed I would be so proud to walk across that stage and get my diploma!  And with honors.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 9:36 PM | Locked

Adele:
its so wired being 28 and in school, Im going online though University Maryland University College. Im working on a degree in Cyber Crimes and minoring in History i think LOL. guess I'm doing just about everything back words.

I got married at 18 and pregnant right away.  I worked full time as a secretary (they still called them that back then) and then worked my way into computer programming in 1982.  Went to night school through 3 kids and full time work and after 17 years got my degree in computers so I could be qualified to do the job I had been doing for 15 years.  Backwards can work!  LOL  Hang in there.  You won't regret it.  My graduation day was one of the happiest days of my life.  I never dreamed I would be so proud to walk across that stage and get my diploma!  And with honors.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 9:38 PM | Locked

Cool...double post.  I thought it didn't allow that anymore.  Sorry.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 9:53 PM | Locked

Ginny

Congratulations on the new great grandbaby.  So much fun.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 12:18 AM | Locked

adele, i went back to school at 28, too.  it was a wonderful experience,  i was very focused and ready to learn.  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 12:19 AM | Locked

ginny, congrats on the new  g-granddaughter   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
jay-marie replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 5:16 AM | Locked

Hi All

Sorry it has been such a long time since I was on but I have not been great healthwise. Today I am going to my quilt group we are having a lady speak about painting on quilts so that should be fun.

On Wednesday I went to Birmingham which is about 3 hours drive away because my DH wanted to go to The Gadget Show  which is being held to showcase the items from a TV programe which has  all the latest gadgets and occasionally they even have something useful LOL. I agreed to go if he would take me to The cotton Patch which is a big quilt store and sells online too. I made a list of all the things I wanted  and when we got there it was closed!!

I had looked at the site and thought it was open Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thusday Friday Saturday and I didn't notice Wednesday was missing. I was so disappointed as our local quilt shop is not very good and its so cramped you can hardly move. I noticed there were people inside and as I had brought the phone number I called them and explained how far I had come they very kindly let me in so I had great fun buying all sorts of bit's and pieces

. DH bought these things that look like sunglasses but you attach them to your DVD or i phone or whatever and it makes it look either 2D or 3D and makes it look like a bigger screen. considering he has a 50 inch TV and the big screen you pull down to watch TV or DVDs I could not figure out why,  but he wears them in bed attached to his i phone and watches his movies that I don't want to see. It  looks a bit strange but we have to let them have their toys as we have ours LOL and it is better than some of the things he could get up to.

Well ladies  I will go do some more organizing of my sewing room (I seem to always do that) and get ready for my quilt group afternoon and I will check in later and see what you are up to these days.

Have a great day!

Hampshire, England

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 6:55 AM | Locked

Jay-Marie, good to hear from you

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
jay-marie replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 7:08 AM | Locked

Thanks Leslie I am just going out as it is just after 1pm here so  will "speak " to you later.

Hampshire, England

Page 16 of 133 (1985 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use