Page 2 of 133 (1985 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,984 Replies | 45 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 4:04 PM | Locked

This morning was our Tabitha group at church.  One of the other ladies threaded the elastic through all of the shorts that I have sewn together so far.  I was able to get the last ones cut out.  I had taken a big length of navy blue fabric that I thought would be enough to get them all out of.  NOT.  I was two pair short.  Lucy found a neat hunk of red and black snakeskin print fabric in our stash that was big enough to get the two pairs I needed plus I have enough left to make one more pair for our next batch of shorts.  Now don't you know that some little boy is going to think his snakeskin shorts are awesome!  After lunch I sewed all of the shorts together that I had cut out at tabitha last time and this time -- all except for the crotch seams.  I should have them ready for the ladies to thread the elastic through when we meet again in two weeks.   

Chris and Ed complimented our overhead door panels when they arrived this morning.  Said they will look like new doors when they put them up.  They are working on the last of the siding as I type.

I forgot to tell you all..... Gini, you will love this one.  Todd was taking all of the lawnmowers and such of his that we have had stored in the garage since he sold his house in Hampton and moved into Lynn's place in Dallas GA.  He borrowed a trailer from Donovan (DIL's brother). I am used to our flat bed trailer that David usual pulls behind our tractor when we are picking up brush.  I started running the small lawnmower up the ramp while Todd and David were following with the rider.  I walked right into an upright that is welded to the side of Donovan's trailer to carry piping and such.  It hit me right acroos the bridge of the nose.  You talk about seeing stars!!!!!!!  Thank goodnes, I didn't break my nose.  I have a cute little bump on it now though. :o)  I told David and Celeste that if I had two black eyes on Sunday morning, don't expect to see me at church!  It didn't even turn black and blue but is still sore when you touch it.  ( Obviously our trailer has no uprights for me to run into.)     

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 4:05 PM | Locked

Cindy, I hope you are going to get some buddies for that poor little fish in your pond. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 4:23 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Don't they have a vaccine for shingles now? 

They sure do. I learned all about it whe the Doc told me that's what is wrong with me ( How little does she know....). It's been around for just a few years and cuts your risk by about 50%, or if you do get it after you've had the shot, it makes it significantly less miserable....so they say. They recommend you get the shot if you are 60 or older.  I recommend looking into it if you haven't had one...  I feel like i played in a field full of thistles and poison ivy. This is not fun!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 4:34 PM | Locked

Well - I am one of those people who never had chicken pox.  My sibs were just getting over them when I was born.  Both of my sons had them when David was in Kindergarten plus I babysat for a neighbors son after we moved to GA that had a terrible case of them.  Maybe this means that I won't have to worry about getting them.  I asked the doctor about the shot when I had my last physical and he said not to worry.  (I know - famous last words!)

I wish they had a "people" shot for Lyme disease liek they do for dogs!  Seems like Dave and I are tick magnets - especially Dave!  And that's tick not CHICK magnet. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 5:43 PM | Locked

Marge,

We are talking about more fish, but worried the current only fish will eat his new buddies.  We'll have to talk with the pond guy.

Cindy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 5:58 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Don't they have a vaccine for shingles now?

Marge

I don't know if there is anything specific for shingles but they do have the chickenpox vaccine now.   If you have never had chicken pox you aren't likely to get shingles unless you come in contact with open running shingles lesions.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 6:30 PM | Locked

Had to go back to work today, One day off is not enough.  I need to do the last steps of th mq4 before Nana, puts out the next Fw,  Friday. i hate to get behind, seems like it takes me forever to get caught back up.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 6:40 PM | Locked

I tell ya I just don't know what is up with the weather, Sunday, it was 82 here, today it is 34 and sleeting, It's driving me nuts lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 521
Points 9,969
Jean replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 6:45 PM | Locked

Margaret, congrats on the Tin Lizzie!  I have had mine for about two years now and just love it!!  Very easy to operate but my UFO pile doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.....it just keeps growing!!

Patch Up America.....Make A Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 6:47 PM | Locked

Marge, glad you didn't break your snoot.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 6:49 PM | Locked

CC, so sorry about your shingles, My dad, suffered with them most of his life.  Oh sorry probably shouldn't have said that lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,859
Points 181,618
Marie replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 7:19 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
And that's tick not CHICK magnet. 

Marge too funny!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,476
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 9:11 PM | Locked

[

I'm with ya, Leslie. We are having the same weather here in KS. Altho we haven't had any sleeting. And it is at least 45 here. And I haven't worked on any quilt today. I have been a vegetable. I did yard work yesterday and wore myself out. It got to 92 here yesterday.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170
Ms MoomMist replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 9:19 PM | Locked

Meggov:

Ok - I'm excited and have to share - I took the plunge into Long Arms!  put the deposit down on a Tin Lizzie on Friday and it should be delievered and set up in about 4 weeks! Good thing it won't be delivered for a while!

Wow, this is so neat. I just got mine a month ago and can hardly wait for the weather to warm up a bit so I can get into the sewing room to play with her! It is so much fun, Margaret you will love it I sure! Good for You

xoxoxo

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 210
margoee replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 9:36 PM | Locked

I had shingles when I was 47 years old.....just terrible.  I was luckily and had a mild case.  Just not fun!!!

Margo

Page 2 of 133 (1985 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use