Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 125 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 123 124 125 126 127 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,004
Points 19,315
Beth Weigt replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 3:04 PM | Locked

Have been trying to finish quilting a wall quilt.  My thread keeps causing problems and my right foot is in a walking boot, but I keep on trying.  I posted four of my quilt projects today.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 3:25 PM | Locked

Bethie, I love your quilts!  Welcome to the group.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,004
Points 19,315
Beth Weigt replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 3:57 PM | Locked

Thanks Patti - I've only been quilting for two years and I learn something new each time I decide to do a quilt :)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 4:51 PM | Locked

richard, could we have pictures of the fabric?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 5:29 PM | Locked

Last night I finished quilting the quilt I made for my granddaughter's 1st birthday.  I have a tracing of her hand that I want to transfer to a piece of fabric to sign and date, then applique to the back of the quilt.  I thought that would be a cute way to memorialize the occasion.   

Went to a ball game today and will be back at it tomorrow:)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 5:33 PM | Locked

No, not yet anyway.  I am however going to do some quilting tonight when everyone is at work or out in the quiet. I am currently done with the bargello except sandwiching and quilting. Next up is my belated UFO project for a friend I end up keep putting off due to taking a class or finishing another quilt.  This one is from a pattern from Fons and Porter the Kaleidoscope fabric and stars of various blue shades.  It is going to be a double bed size. I am working on piecing right now on and off for it until the 16th when I go back to work and they know my schedule by then. Then in my time off.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 5:52 PM | Locked

The Quilt Daddy:

OK gang. I need help with a table runenr. I know it shouldn't be this hard but I recently got fabric called Dogwood Bliss by Blank Quilting  (2 different color options) and it is so stunning that I want to make a holiday table runner. The problem is I need a pattern with a large center block to show off the fabric as it contains a large print. I also have 4 companion pieces to incorporate into the runner. I think I would like to do a nice star pattern but have not seen one that I like with a large enough center square. Help.

There was a good pattern on this site by Maywood Studio the other day.  It was more like a French Braid, but it had a 9" center block and was done in reds and greens mostly.  It was called Winter Palace. I really liked the pattern and downloaded it.  You might want to take a look.

Karla, Fernley, NV

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,510
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 5:57 PM | Locked

Sheri:

Last night I finished quilting the quilt I made for my granddaughter's 1st birthday.  I have a tracing of her hand that I want to transfer to a piece of fabric to sign and date, then applique to the back of the quilt.  I thought that would be a cute way to memorialize the occasion.  

Sheri - I love your idea. I have to remember that. How special.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 6:47 PM | Locked

Karla - I liked that one and printed it off too.  I have a lot of great holiday fabrics that would work up nice in it. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 6:48 PM | Locked

I made a flannel baby quilt this weekend.  This was ordered by a coworker that was very picky so I hope this will be ok for her.  I think it turned out very cute.  I think it looks better in real than in this photo.  The quilting looks like it is overwhelming the quilt but it doesn't look like that in person.  Or maybe it is just my laptop screen.

I added some of the leftover fabrics to the back.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 786
Points 20,015
Carol replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 6:59 PM | Locked

Joyce, I'm proud of you for this reorganizing - must be nice to have a clear area to work in.  I just can't do that - I use my scraps every day, how could I toss any?  I was just telling them in the QM Mystery thread, I had to finish the 54 scrap blocks I was working on lately, so I could get to work on the next step of the mystery.  Also working on tiny scraps on coffee filters - then you line and turn them, to make circle "blocks" and when yu sew them together, they look kinda like Cathedral Windows.  I saw this years ago in a magazine, and made a sample (still in the book!) but never did anything with it, so thought I'd actually try it this time, only with coffee filters, makes it easier! 

Also, I made the next step on the Quilter's Newsletter Mystery - only one block, but look at it!  Reminds me of the early days, templates and all!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 139
Points 23,675
Darlene replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 8:50 PM | Locked

Not so productive today with the quilting.  Had some problems with the weather creating a mess in my basement and have been bailing water.  Not safe to sew in standing water and no place to relocate tonight so no sewing.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments.  Your positive feedback has inspired me to keep motivated.  I think I will pack up the sewing machine and move to an off site location tomorrow after work to get this finished.

Thanks again.  I will post when it is all together.

Darlene (WNY)

Darlene

from Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Page 125 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 123 124 125 126 127 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use