Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 124 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 122 123 124 125 126 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 7:46 AM | Locked

Great looking quilt Darlene

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 8:14 AM | Locked

Darlene - I love your quilt.  I went back and looked through the pictures in the Crazy Quilt group.  You really have put a lot of thought into designing the quilt and I know this will mean so much to your son for years and years to come. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,499
Points 417,339
gini replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 8:54 AM | Locked

darlene, fun quilt

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 9:16 AM | Locked

Great looking quilt, Darlene.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 9:20 AM | Locked

Yesterday was my 45th wedding anniversary so I didn't work on any quilts, or do any work as a matter of fact, but I plan on making up for that today!  I finally figured out how to make my bacing fit on one of my baby quilts by using the diagonal cut and seam method and I think I'm going to be happy with it.  Now I've got to drive into the local LQS (40 miles) and pick up some fabric for the backing on my other two baby quilts.

I've also got to go through my stash and see if I have any appropriate fabrics to make a table runner and 6 matching placemats for my daughter's inlaws who are due back from the UK near Thanksgiving.  And then there are all of those Christmas gifts I have planned.  Well maybe I will get some of them finished.  LOL

Then, of course, there are the draperies for the daughter and grandson's bedrooms in their new house and recovering their porch swing.  I think I have my work cut out for me.

Karla, Fernley, NV

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,826
Points 123,520
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 9:40 AM | Locked

You are a busy girl Karla. All sounds like fun. What is the diagonal cut and seam method for a backing?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,005
Darlene replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 9:40 AM | Locked

Congratulations!!! A well deserved break was your's yesterday, then. You sound quite busy otherwise. I hope you had a happy anniversary and wish you a happy 45 more. :)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 10:05 AM | Locked

All of you are so busy and prolific.  Amazes me.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 12:20 PM | Locked

Darlene:

Congratulations!!! A well deserved break was your's yesterday, then. You sound quite busy otherwise. I hope you had a happy anniversary and wish you a happy 45 more. :)

Thank you very much.  I think I'll go load a baby quilt on the frame now and get it quilted, so when I go to Sacramento this week to visit my 86-year old father I can work on it in the evenings.  Maybe, I'll even get two of them quilted this week if I can get them loaded.  I find that to be the biggest chore.

Karla, Fernley, NV

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 80
Melva Campbell replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 12:37 PM | Locked

I haven't worked on a quilt today, but yesterday I sewed strips for a jelly roll quilt, will sew together at quilt-in on Wednesday. Melva

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 1:23 PM | Locked

Haven't gotten started on any quilting yet today, but have been trying to catch up with the news and wow, have y'all been busy lately!  I've missed checking in for awhile--life sometimes just intrudes, you know.  Friday and Saturday I worked on reorganizing my stash and actually forced myself to ge rid of two drawers full of "crumbs" I'd been holding onto since I first started quiting 30 yrs ago.  Actually, I had my DGS toss them for me since I was afraid I'd keep some of them and they were threatening to overtake the studio.  All usable scraps are now cut into squares, rectangles, triangles, diamonds, or strips.  Pieces smaller that a fat quarter are rolled into quilters' candy bundles,placed in a basket . Larger pieces are folded and stored on bookcase shelves and in see through bins. Now I can get back to the fun stuff.  My Leavenworth leaves are all done for the October retreat, but I have several projects I need to work on, so it's just a matter of deciding where to start.  Oh, and to those of you sweltering in the heat--send me some, PLEASE.  We're still getting summer in tiny, one or two days at a time bursts.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 2:29 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
It was raining most of the day, so no dog walk
What!!!!  Didn't Calley give you the sad puppy dog eyes???  My doggies get their walk unless we are having an absolute deluge.  I figure I really need that exercise and that is the least I can do for Mac and Autumn 'cause they so look forward to going out with all of those great smells in the fields. 

MNnancy:
I get a minimum of 4 full size quilts (lap size or larger) and 2 smaller projects completed this year. 
Nancy - I think this is quite doable for you.  You aren't that pokey and that is basically one project for every two months.  Yup gal --- you can do this.  You will be able to go on the shop hop next year with NO problem.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 2:35 PM | Locked

The Quilt Daddy:
my goal of finishing 523 tops in 52 weeks.
Richard I HOPE this was a typo and you meant 52, or we may have to rescue you from the "funny farm".  And Nancy is worried about finishing 6 projects in a year.  MAN!  Do you set such a blistering pace for yourself every year??

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 124 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 122 123 124 125 126 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use