Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 117 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 115 116 117 118 119 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,539
Points 416,934
gini replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 1:32 AM | Locked

bella, i live in sandpoint, north of coeur d'alene. we have  a small ben franklins that has a few bolts of fabric. so i have to plan a trip to CD"A or spokane to quilt shop

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 1:40 AM | Locked

Well, if you ever want me to cruise the stores here in Denver Metro (including Tomorrow's Heirlooms, Harriet's Treadle Arts - yes, that is THE Harriet Hargrave's place - Holly's Quilt Cabin, the Creative Needle, Emily's Sewing Basket, Fabric Expressions, High Prairie Quilts, and the Quilt Store) along with JoAnn's and Hancock's - of which there are many of both of those - and you want something specific, I will do my best to be your personal shopper.... and it give me an excuse to get out to the stores!  :D

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 5:55 AM | Locked

I'm so excited, our LQS the Scarlet thread is offering a "free motion quilting class" in Sept,  Marge and I are signed up for it.  At last I can learn to FMQ on mylittle domestic machine.  Also signed up for a quilted Christmas stocking class.  Now perhaps if I make one Christmas stocking I can possibly make 4 or 5???

Finally was able to purchase the backings for my 3 White Christmas Quilts...12 yards of beautiful fabrics and a awesome knockdown price of $6.99, reg. price $10,99.  Got 8 yrads of green/gold and 4 yards of red/white.  Not seconds, but very lovely fabrics.

I would delcare it a marvelous weekend.  We introduced a friend to the joys of shopping at LQS and she will soon be starting her 1st quilt!  Oh my, what have we done?  Welcome to the club Brenda, maybe soon we can introduce her to QCA!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,697
Points 179,593
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 7:32 AM | Locked

Busy busy girl!  Good for you Robin!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,646
Points 52,585
Ginny replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 8:24 AM | Locked

Oh my goodness, Bella.  You live in a quilters paradise.   The closest quilt shop to me is 18 miles away.  Then there is another one 18 miles in another direction.  Those are the closest. We have many Joann's, but they drove out Hancocks.  I think I know of one Hancocks in the Detroit area.   So I live in a famine area as far as quilt shops.

Oh, wait I just remembered, there is a quilt shop about 10 miles from me.  I discovered it after some one on QCA stated she went to her LQS on a Sunday.  In fact, the owner has become the editor of Quilters World magazine.  It is the only quilt shop that I know of that is open on Sunday.  ....Ginny   

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 8:31 AM | Locked

Ann W.:

Please tell Heather she is loved by all. I wish she was here for me to give her a hug. A friend of ours son just did the same thing to his ex-girlfriend. She was going through a lot and couldn't deal with his problems as well and broke off with him. He threatened and than did commit suicide . She was also the one to find him. His parents didn't know where to look for him and instead of telling them she went to look.

Please give take this ((((( Hug))))) for both of you.

xoxoxo

Quilty Hugs,

Ann W. in Indiana

Thank you so much Ann. And thank you all, your words are so comforting. I truly appreciate it.

So yesterday wasn't such a good day, but well here is my wish for today.

My prayer today is that Kori gets a bit of rest and finds the highest point in the light so she can have the peace she so deserves.
xoxoxo,

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 8:35 AM | Locked

Bella:

Well, if you ever want me to cruise the stores here in Denver Metro (including Tomorrow's Heirlooms, Harriet's Treadle Arts - yes, that is THE Harriet Hargrave's place - Holly's Quilt Cabin, the Creative Needle, Emily's Sewing Basket, Fabric Expressions, High Prairie Quilts, and the Quilt Store) along with JoAnn's and Hancock's - of which there are many of both of those - and you want something specific, I will do my best to be your personal shopper.... and it give me an excuse to get out to the stores!  :D

Wow, Bella! This is super... Wish I were near Denver ;0)

But I'm an Easterner and although I live in on of the "so called" quilting capitals" Pennsylvania and in one of the largest cities, we only have 2 LQS, a JoAnns and now my S-I-L who works at Walmart tells me that they are bringing back "fabric"... oh yes I forgot we just got a Hobby Lobby and they have a very nice selection, but I'm not sure of the quality.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 9:25 AM | Locked

Hi, Ginny and MMM!.

.uh...OOOPS - I just realized my mistake!  Yes, I DO think I live in kind of a "Quilter's Paradise" - BUT - maybe my thinking has adopted a California type thinking when it comes to traveling around here.  Since the cities and towns out west here are VERY car-dependent (as opposed to the taxis and subways as say, New York), we tend to think of telling people how "far" a place is by telling them how LONG it takes to get there.  If I was in Los Angeles, for instance, I would say "Oh - Harriet's is about 30 minutes right off the 405,  Jo Ann's is only 45 minutes on PCH...." (notice I didn't say "half an hour"?  We tend to fool ourselves that way. And the "405" is the freeway, and PCH is Pacific Coast Highway).  It's just that the towns here are in the backyards of other towns, but the distance can still be pretty far.  Harriet's is 25 miles from where I live, but I DO have a JoAnn's within a mile, as well as "The Quilt Store" (used to be Dry Creek Quilts) but Holly's Cabin  (which I LOVE) is 34 miles, as is Fabric Expressions and the Creative Needle.  High Prairie is in Boulder (about 14 miles).

But that doesn't matter!  I like driving around these neighborhoods, and that is just what I feel like it is.  So if you are looking online at any of these stores - and each one survives because they have something different than the other-  just see what you want and let me know.  Piece of cake for me!

:D

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,697
Points 179,593
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 9:45 AM | Locked

Ms MoomMist:
My prayer today is that Kori gets a bit of rest and finds the highest point in the light so she can have the peace she so deserves.

Amen to that MM!

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 10:07 AM | Locked

Quote: So yesterday wasn't such a good day, but well here is my wish for today.

MMM - I have only just now found out about your heavy loss, as I rarely dig into past posts,  I tried to find a way to send you this personally, but can't figure this message board thing out yet. 

I just want you to know that I am praying hard for you!  I know it will never get easy.  Our young ones are not supposed to go before we do.  It just isn't natural.  They say when someone leaves a room, they not only take something away, but they also leave something behind.  May the memories and love Kori left behind help you in the days to come.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,325
Robin replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 11:26 AM | Locked

Robyn,

Hi, I'm a Robin Smith too.   I can understand your frustration because I have the same problem.  I need to sew or I just get where I don't feel like I can function.   School starts in a few weeks and I am trying to figure out were I'm going to squeeze out my stitching time.    Have you though about a hand project while they are staying with you.   I know it's not as fast but it can be stored a lot easier. 

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,646
Points 52,585
Ginny replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 11:29 AM | Locked

Ms Moomist, All I can say is to repeat Maries blessing-"  Amen to that!"      Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 11:57 AM | Locked

Ginny:
Oh my goodness, Bella.  You live in a quilters paradise.   The closest quilt shop to me is 18 miles away.  Then there is another one 18 miles in another direction. 

Sounds like me.  Our closest quilt shops are 30 miles away in one direction and 40 miles away in another.  With the price of fuel these days, unless I have something else that I need to go into the city for, I just order online.   We have a couple LQS', besides JoAnn's, that are open on Sundays in the city except in the winter.  I'd much rather prefer shopping in person, but I also babysit my grandsons and just can't get into the city often.

Karla, Fernley, NV

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 457
Points 7,165
Mz M replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 2:36 PM | Locked

Karla:

Ginny:
Oh my goodness, Bella.  You live in a quilters paradise.   The closest quilt shop to me is 18 miles away.  Then there is another one 18 miles in another direction. 

Sounds like me.  Our closest quilt shops are 30 miles away in one direction and 40 miles away in another.  With the price of fuel these days, unless I have something else that I need to go into the city for, I just order online.   We have a couple LQS', besides JoAnn's, that are open on Sundays in the city except in the winter.  I'd much rather prefer shopping in person, but I also babysit my grandsons and just can't get into the city often.

Karla, Fernley, NV

One of these days I'll get to move close to a city! My closest quilt shop is 55 miles to the north and actually that's the closest place to get thread if I want more than just black or white. The next closest is 150 miles to the south. I have done some fabric shopping online and have been quite pleased with the exception of some batiks matching so I had to make the trip into town and utilize the skilled eye of the fabric professional at one of the several quilt shops in town. After I get on a schedule at my new job I hope to be able to take one of the Quilt Minnesota shop hops. While I'm here I might as well mention that I sewed blocks till 2:00 this morning and got all 72 of them finished and ironed. Today I will start sewing the rows and then maybe have time to put the rows together.

Mz M

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 3:31 PM | Locked

Robyn,

My very 1st quilt "LOVE IN BLUE" was a 9 patch lap lap (a full size quilt, quilted in my lap, block by block) as taught by Georgia Bonesteel.  I watched her show on GPB for a long time, finally had to try my hand.  Took my sandwiches everywhere, on planes, in trucks, to visit friends and family.  It was a long time in the making (12 years) because my interests were elsewhere, finally perservered and completed it, still my favorite quilt.  Iended up also makeing a large baby quilt and a couple pillows, got carried away and quilted more squares than I needed.

Usnig this method you can take a sandwich with you and quilt as you find a moment or two.  I machine pieced it, but was determined to hand quilt every stitch and I did.  You can also!

Page 117 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 115 116 117 118 119 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use