Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 115 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 113 114 115 116 117 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 8:12 AM | Locked

Gini your bow tie quilt is stunning.  your LAQ did an excellent job.  the red "swirlies" are perfect.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 8:15 AM | Locked

Jeanine - I love your "charmed" quilt.  I may just borrow your idea and do one for my Linus chapter down here in Georgia. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 11:35 AM | Locked

Last night I cut and pieced 18 9-blocks for my next baby quilt.  I'm bound and determined to use up some of this scrap flannel I have accumulated.  Today, I've pieced the 9-blocks and 6-1/2 squares together.  So the only thing I have left is putting the borders on and sandwiching.  I have never mitered corners, so I guess it about time that I tried.  Wish me luck.

Karla, Fernley, NV

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,299
Points 414,029
gini replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 11:41 AM | Locked

good luck karla

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 4,891
Custom Quilt Kits replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 1:38 PM | Locked

I didn't get to work on a quilt today (boo hoo!) but I did get to update my blog with about 40 pics of the quilt show I went to last weekend in Rockbridge County, VA.  check it out at http://www.customquiltkits.com

Rose Hall

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 5:48 PM | Locked

Good luck Karla!  If you are following some good directions it shouldn't be hard,  Can't remember off hand what directions I followed but my mitre came out really good.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 575
Robyn Smith replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 6:30 PM | Locked

I wish I could work on a quilt today...I just had set up my sewing area (1/2 the basement) with my Bernina's and my A-1 Longarm and my son and his little family need to move in for 6 months.  Don't get me wrong I am exiced to have them here with my one and only grandaugher in tow, but I get depressed when I don't sew.  Any one else get that way?  It has forced me to go thru boxes and straighten and clean.  Something I find excuses not to do so much anymore, sewing and quilting are much more exciting!  Hopefully by next week after they are in and settled I can get back to it! 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 7:34 PM | Locked

I've had that happen to me, Robyn, and it is depressing not to be able to quilt.  When my daughter went through her separation she and the two boys moved in and I had to give up my computer room.  Then they moved out again after a year and I turned that room into my sewing room.  It now has a midarm machine and frame set up in there, but it worries me that she might have to move back one of these days as she is a mail carrier and they keep talking about cutting positions, etc.  I worked at the USPS for 38 years and did not have to suffer these worries, but it worries me now.

Karla, Fernley, NV

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 7:37 PM | Locked

Marie, I followed the directions here on QCA in the video tips.  I had to watch it 3 times, but it finally sunk in and they came out fairly well.  I wish I had practiced on something small like a placemat first, but the baby blanket came out pretty good.

Karla, Fernley, NV

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,705
Points 436,495
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 9:15 PM | Locked

Rose

I didn't know that there was a quilt show in Rockbridge Co. this past weekend.   If I had known I probably would have went.  Not that far from me.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 9:53 PM | Locked

I did not work on a quilt today.  The Great MN Shop Hop started today and runs through August 14, so I'll be running here, there, and everywhere to get my "passport" stamped to qualify for prizes, prizes, and more prizes.  I only got to three shops today and spent way too much money, so I'd better pace myself better.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 10:21 PM | Locked

I am trying to quilt another Quilts of Valor quilt and I am down to the end but I'm on-call for work and it's month end and reports are not running.  I do not like my work life crashing into my personal life.  And my sister, niece and nephew and on their way up through all the flood-related detours to stay the night before heading to Montana and I was hoping to get the quilt done before they get here.  They get to "camp out" since our furniture is in storage but they were warned...they could have got a hotel but I'm glad that I'm worth the inconvenience! 

I am in between steps for resolving the work issues so I guess I'll hit the quilt machine again and see if I can wrap it up before the phone rings or the doorbell! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Sat, Jul 30 2011 8:04 AM | Locked

Karla:
the baby blanket came out pretty good.

Karla, I'm glad you are pleased with it.  We'd love to see the quilt.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sat, Jul 30 2011 8:08 AM | Locked

Nancy, Shop hops are so much fun..You have to post pictures of you haul...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sat, Jul 30 2011 8:27 AM | Locked

Just dropping in to say Thank you for all your well wishes and prayers during this difficult time.

We are still trying to sort out this horror. All who knows us and knew Kori, cannot understand what or why this happened. There were over 400 people that showed up at the showing and we (her family) are still wondering how a 20 year old could know so many. She was always out and about. She was a joiner and now that we analyzed it she had attended 8 schools in her short life and made friends everywhere. I remember babysitting her and when she saw a child her age, she would walk right up to them and start talking as if she had known them for years.

Today I resolve to do something i.e. quilt wise... I did get a new kit with flip-flops that I had on layaway for yes, Kori because she loved them. Perhaps I'll make it for Heather. Heather is the gal who was with Kori and who is having a terrible time with this. To add pain to injury, she broke up with her boyfriend, who then threated to commit suicide and then did and she found him. She just got out of the hospital yesterday.

I'll do something through, promise and I'll get something posted soon. I'm still reading through the post and wowing myself with all your beauties!!

Thanks again, everyone, you are the best!

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 95
Page 115 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 113 114 115 116 117 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use