Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 110 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 108 109 110 111 112 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,694
Points 179,533
Marie replied on Sat, Jul 23 2011 6:33 PM | Locked

Jeanine, you are a beautiful woman!  Nice to see a close up.  OMG, that cinnamon roll looks scrumptious!  Do they deliver to MA?  LOL  Fabric for Camden's quilt is so cute, he'll love all the animals.  Love all your fabrics.  Looks like you had a wonderful birthday!  

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,694
Points 179,533
Marie replied on Sat, Jul 23 2011 6:37 PM | Locked

I love this quilt, your sister is going to love it!  I have a dear friend who knits, this fabric would be perfect for a table runner for her.  Did it come in different color  ways, she's a pastel person.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jul 23 2011 8:44 PM | Locked

Jeanine,

Happy to hear you had such a fun birthday.  The last fabric set (what's a BQ2?) was my favorite!

What cute fabric & a great design you came up with for the quilt for your sister!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sat, Jul 23 2011 9:23 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Jeanine,

Happy to hear you had such a fun birthday.  The last fabric set (what's a BQ2?) was my favorite!

What cute fabric & a great design you came up with for the quilt for your sister!

There is a series of "BQ" quilts.  I had the pattern for BQ and BQ3 already. http://www.mapleislandquilts.com/quiltpatterns.asp

• Filed under: , ,
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sat, Jul 23 2011 9:25 PM | Locked

Marie:

I love this quilt, your sister is going to love it!  I have a dear friend who knits, this fabric would be perfect for a table runner for her.  Did it come in different color  ways, she's a pastel person.

I only saw it in the B & W.  It may have had the white background, too.  I can't remember.  That would pair better with pastel's.  I kept enough to make a bag for my other knitting sister.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,625
Nana replied on Sat, Jul 23 2011 10:52 PM | Locked

Jeanine

It looks like you had a fantastic birthday.  Lovely fabrics and the cinnamon roll is humongous.  I love your "knitters" quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Sat, Jul 23 2011 11:07 PM | Locked

jeanine, great pictures.   i think you sister's quilt is really cute.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Sun, Jul 24 2011 2:03 AM | Locked

Glad you had a good birthday Jeanine. Love the fabrics and your sister's quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Sun, Jul 24 2011 3:26 AM | Locked

Jeanine, Happy birthday, sounds like you had a really great day,  Love all the fabric and the quilt you made for the Christmas present is beautiful.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 457
Points 7,165
Mz M replied on Sun, Jul 24 2011 7:03 PM | Locked

I worked on a quilt until late last night when I ran out of fabric. Actually, I have fabric but I decided I didn’t like it with my blocks so I have to go to town on Tues to find something more to my liking.  Town is 55 miles from here so I make a day trip out of it.  I have the fabric and patterns for 2 more quilts just waiting for attention but I’m very single minded in my quilting endeavors, think it’s because I’m a newbie and I spend so much time on this site reading all the posts and looking at the beautiful quilts.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Sun, Jul 24 2011 8:00 PM | Locked

Help! I am stuck! This is the quilt center I am working on, it is from a BOM program at my local quilt shop. Right now it measures 64 1/2" x 64 1/2"  I would like it to be big enough to fit a full size bed, I am thinking it needs to be 75" x 90"but I am not sure what to do to get it to that size.

I need to add 6" to the top and bottom then put a 6" solid border all around. I need to complete it by the end of the month to enter it into a quilt show (no pressure) so I need something that will look good and be fairly quick and easy.

My first thought was adding 6" blocks to top and bottom but I don't think I have time to make 16 new blocks. My next thought was to add a row of 4 or 9 patch blocks but I can't picture how it will look in my head so I can't decide if it would look good. Any ideas or suggestions? Please help!?!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,694
Points 179,533
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 24 2011 8:01 PM | Locked

Mz M:
I’m a newbie and I spend so much time on this site reading all the posts and looking at the beautiful quilts.

Mz M I'm going on my third year here and I spend too much time on site instead of quilting, it's become an obsession with me.  I need to check in every day and see how my "family" is doing so I hear you loud and clear.  Hope you learn to control it, too late for me.  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 457
Points 7,165
Mz M replied on Sun, Jul 24 2011 8:12 PM | Locked

LOL Silverfox!! I have only been a member since Thursday and find I check the site before I go to work and several times before I go to bed........I have learned several good quilting points but, like you, should spend more time quilting.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,625
Nana replied on Sun, Jul 24 2011 8:13 PM | Locked

Kim

Is there anyway that you can keep your quilt square....say 80 x 80?   If you are willing to go square you could place borders in the log cabin style like you used around the center block.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Sun, Jul 24 2011 8:23 PM | Locked

Would that be big enough to fit a full sized bed? Sorry I usually follow patterns so I know how big the finished quilt will be before I start. This time the quilt shop didn't give us a finishing kit or pattern. How big would the blocks need to be and how many would I need to make? Are you thinking about adding the blocks then a solid border around them? Sorry I am a little brain dead tonight.

My other thought was to add a strip pieced border but it would be like a horizontal piano key border, scrappy pieces and different lengths for each piece. I hope you can picture what I am trying to describe I am not sure I am making sense.

Page 110 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 108 109 110 111 112 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use