Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 72 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 70 71 72 73 74 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 113
Points 2,165
Anne replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 3:54 PM | Locked

Thanks for the kind words.  I just went to Bunny Hill designs and I'm hooked now too.  I have but in a reminder on my digital calendar to help me remember I hope!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 113
Points 2,165
Anne replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 3:55 PM | Locked

Thanks everyone for your nice comments on the basket sampler.. I have to keep learning....

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 113
Points 2,165
Anne replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 3:59 PM | Locked

Hello Kathy,

I have saved the instructions if you want them..

Anne

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 40
Sandi replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 4:58 PM | Locked

Hi there! I'm new...but I'll play!

I am working on finishing a quilt for my daughter's bed. We are refurbing the room she shares with her 9 y/o sister. This is the quilt for the top bunk...and well, I basted it at 3 a.m. during a "craft weekend" and....I really shouldn't do that! Its kinda wonky!...LOL...

Its going to have plenty of boo boo's!

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 185
Donna Miller replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 6:38 PM | Locked

I'm sorry, but I don't believe in boo-boos or mistakes.  Unless you point them out to others, no-one else will see them.  I believe any flaws just make the quilt unique and just as lovely as you intended.  So what if the points don't match or it's a longer on one side, it's yours and everyone appreciates the time and effort put into any and all quilts.  You are the only one that knows the flaws, other quilters, I hope, would not point out the flaws, knowing the effort and time put into the quilt.  50-100 years from now, that quilt may be copied, flaws and all.

Keep on quilting!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 6:41 PM | Locked

Got into the sewing room this afternoon.  I put binding on 6 "cheater" quilts --- those pre-quilted baby panel quilts.  Someone donated them to our Tabitha ministry So I volunteered to bind them all.  I also stitched up a fleece blanket for Project Linus.  Not a bad afternoon's work. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 6:42 PM | Locked

Here, here Donna.  Well said!!!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 6:45 PM | Locked

Yes, I did...I worked on a mystery quilt today.  I'm just about done...pink again...I must have sweethearts on my mind.  Will send a pic when I'm finished.  Honor your Fathers, Husbands and Sons tomorrow.  Have a great Father's Day!

Cindy

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 179
Points 3,245
Amalie Simper replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 7:45 PM | Locked

oh I like your quilt mmm.  I really like the colors that you chose.  I like the different prints in the windmill

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 8:14 PM | Locked

Anne, if you sign up for the newsletter from Bunny Hill Designs you will get an email on the 5th of each month that another block is free to download.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 8:16 PM | Locked

Donna, love the hearts in your avatar, is that a quilt?

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 8:36 PM | Locked

Donna, You sound just like my DH when I start fussing about all the mistakes made. Thanks for  reminding me that love not perfection is what matters. Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 9:02 PM | Locked

Sandy and Donna,

Welcome to QCA! Thanks for joining in the discussions.

Marie,

NOW someone tells me about the Bunnyhill newsletter. Thanks.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Sun, Jun 19 2011 7:09 AM | Locked

This is to Marge, (aka Dimples)  I tried to send you a message, but haven't received a response.  But you were the one who had contact with Spud's daughter.  Is there a way to contact her and let her know about the quilt retreat in Leavenworth?  Before she became ill, she signed up.  As a group many of us decided to go in together and pay for her room if she is interested.  So she has a room reserved just for her and possibly a family member, on the main floor.  And we would all love to pamper her.  Oct 3-7 in Leavenworth.

We are so hoping that she will have recovered enough to join us.  And maybe this would give her something to look forward to.  We will keep the room reserved for her for a while, so she does not have to make any decision right away.  She has time to think about it.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sun, Jun 19 2011 7:35 AM | Locked

Marie:

MM, love your quilt, pretty colors!

I  bought the firtst course of Jenny Doane's and I agree with you just her tips and methods are well worth the price.  I made a disappearing nine patch she demonstrated, it's in my gallery.  I will purchase her second course at some point, lots of good stuff in that one also.

Just saw an ad for Jenny Doan's Quilting Quickly II half price. I'm only on lesson 6 so, I'll have to pass this time.

I finished up the top for the pinwheels. The entire quilt patches are from 2 5 x 5" charm packs. So easy and quick! I used the dark blue/green from my stash and purchased the sashing from Joann's. Now, to finish the Let Freedom Ring on Lizzie this week and maybe by next week I'll be able to get this one on the frame.

I'm having such fun! Please everyone say a pray that this lasts lol!

xoxoxo

Page 72 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 70 71 72 73 74 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use