Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 71 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Fri, Jun 17 2011 8:44 PM | Locked

Anne:

Well I haven't actually worked on a quilt lately but after seeing Carol's sampler, it reminded me that I have a picture of the one I am making.  Sorry about the darkness but I had to close the curtains to hang this quilt. 

Wow, Anne, very pretty. Love your baskets. I think I have the fabshop basket patterns, at least most of them. Every once in awhile, I forget to get the patterns. Started a new quilt yesterday. Tomorrow, I should finish the top and then I need to get the log cabin stars quilt top finished. Has anyone taken the course on Sympoz by Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Co.? I start it because if was on sale and wow just one tip is well worth the cost.

Still reading all the threads and trying to get month 3 of Baltimore Country Cousins done and haven't worked on DJ in over a month because of company.

See you all tomorrow

Oh here is the new top:

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Jun 17 2011 8:47 PM | Locked

Very pretty MMM

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 295
Points 6,165
amber2009 replied on Fri, Jun 17 2011 9:15 PM | Locked

Anne

I like your baskets, very pretty.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jun 17 2011 9:27 PM | Locked
Ms MoomMist:
I think I have the fabshop basket patterns, at least most of them. Every once in awhile, I forget to collect the patterns.
I know what you mean, MMM. Gini got me started collecting the free applique patterns from Bunny Hill Designs, but some months I forget to go get them. Thankfully, they remain available through the end of December. I hope I never forget to log on that month! Pretty basket quilt, Anne!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,854
Points 366,477
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 7:40 AM | Locked

Anne:
...after seeing Carol's sampler, it reminded me that I have a picture of the one I am making.

It's quite lovely Anne. Carol and you make me want to bump this one up on my list of quilts to make.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,854
Points 366,477
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 7:42 AM | Locked

Pretty quilt Ms MoomMist.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,460
Points 176,523
Marie replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 7:49 AM | Locked

MM, love your quilt, pretty colors!

I  bought the firtst course of Jenny Doane's and I agree with you just her tips and methods are well worth the price.  I made a disappearing nine patch she demonstrated, it's in my gallery.  I will purchase her second course at some point, lots of good stuff in that one also.

I bought BCC but have yet to do anything with the blocks.  Another instance where I think "if I don't start I won't fail".  Think I'd learn better at my age.  Old habits die hard.  Scaredy Cat!  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 9:38 AM | Locked

MMM

Beautiful friendship star. Great job. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 9:51 AM | Locked

Thank you all for your wonderful comments.

Still working on that pinwheel, hope to get the top all together. DH is off to a auto/car swap, so the dogs and I have the whole day to ourselves. Last night I caught an HSN show with Cat Cora new cookware, and went oops whole hog and bought the 12 pc stainless steel set, oh there went my July fabric stash money. We wanted a new set of really good cookware, so this was my chance. I'll tell DH it is his "Father's Day" gift. I usually tell him that he isn't my father, but good excuse huh?

Now, I off to the kitchen to make some deviled eggs and cook up something for lunch, the oatmeal and toast didn't do much for me for breakfast 3 hours ago.

gini, continued success on your trip. MNnancy, how is retirement treating you? Marie, just jump in, no pain, no gain ;o), Nana, thanks for all your encouragement. Leslie, what are you working on these days? Kris, hope your health is improving, love your posts. Hope I didn't miss anyone! Keep up the great work if I did.

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 10:14 AM | Locked

Ms. Moonmist, bueatiful quilt top.

I doubt I will work on a quilt today.  DH leaves again tomorrow for 12 days so I will spend quality time with him and possibly take a nap.  It was an early morning wake up call.  DH ran a 5k race today and I always go to be his cheering sqaud.

Tomorrow after I drop DH off at the airport I wil come home and seriously get to work finishing my memory wall hanging quilt.

Margaret

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 10:31 AM | Locked
Ms MoomMist:
MNnancy, how is retirement treating you?
For me, retirement fits like a glove! After nearly 4 years, DH is still struggling a bit. I don't think men adjust as well for some reason. I'm looking forward to indoor days when I can sew non-stop and try to catch up to some of you!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,854
Points 366,477
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 1:33 PM | Locked

Ms MoomMist,

Thanks for asking. I'm still on my health roller coaster. I haven't been having a good month and have spent most of it in bed. I was given a week of bed rest the beginning of the month and now I'm off until July 5.

My mood hasn't been the best but I'm trying to find something positive everyday. QCA helps a lot. I've been working on the Country Cousins blocks. Sewing machine time has been limited.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 2:05 PM | Locked

Wow Carol - I haven't peeked in this thread for a while.  Just saw the shop hop baskets you are doing.  They are really lookin' good! Going to make up into a great looking quilt top.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 2:09 PM | Locked

Anne your basket quilt top is gorgeous!  The baskets turned out great. I like your borders too. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 2:12 PM | Locked

MMM - I am in the midst of taking the first of Jenny's courses.  I am liking what I have viewed so far.  I just get so involved with other things, I forget to sit down and just watch the lessons! 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 71 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use