Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 64 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 62 63 64 65 66 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Jun 6 2011 9:15 PM | Locked

Well I didn't work on a quilt but I was in my sewing room.  I got a backing ready for a quilt that I hope to sandwich tomorrow morning.  Then I made a tote bag for the Christmas tea door prizes out of a nice piece of upholstery fabric.  Got DS to cut the dowel rods for me before he headed for bed.  I have to catch him early since he hits the sack around 8 P.M.  (He leaves for work at 3:30 A.M.)  Then Celeste came over to "shop" for some fabric for PJ pants.  While she was here, we pulled some fabric for a pillow case for Jaimie's new body pillow.  I will cut it tomorrow and then Celeste is going to come over tomorrow night an learn how to make a hot dog pillowcase.  She is such a sweetie.  We spent several hours refolding fabric, pulling more out of bags, sorting into categories and then restacking it on the shelves.  Found some more fabric to send to CC.  She already got her first squishy today. Sorry Sharon - didn't find any more patriotic fabric for you. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Jun 6 2011 9:18 PM | Locked

Carol - you know that I had to go all the way back to page 33 to see those blocks!  These appliqued blocks are going to look good with those - however the mystery turns out. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Mon, Jun 6 2011 9:29 PM | Locked

Here is the Yellow Roses quilt - it was fun to present it to her - tears of surprise, joy and thrilled to distraction!  I think she liked it! This is the one we took of it at home, next is the one with her getting it.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Jun 6 2011 9:33 PM | Locked

Yup - I think she just might like that quilt.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,685
Points 419,209
gini replied on Mon, Jun 6 2011 9:43 PM | Locked

carol, your quilt is beautiful,  and yep, it looks like she likes it  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,133
Points 252,509
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 6 2011 9:46 PM | Locked

Carol, your quilts are beautiful..thank you so much for sharing them with us ...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Jun 6 2011 9:46 PM | Locked

Carol - you need to put that one shot of your yellow roses quilt over in the show and tell so everyone can drool over it.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,133
Points 252,509
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 6 2011 9:48 PM | Locked

This is one of ;the wall hangings I picked up on my bus tour , now I just have to quilt it ...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,784
Points 54,760
Ginny replied on Mon, Jun 6 2011 10:01 PM | Locked

Boy, it didn't take you long to get back to quilting.   I kind of wondered how fast you would break into a new project with some of your trip materials.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,133
Points 252,509
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 6 2011 10:05 PM | Locked

I have been working on The Dear Jane and FWS projects so long I almost forgot how to do anothing else ..LOl.. No I'm just taking a break from them for alittle while .. and I did get alot of neat things to work on ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170
Ms MoomMist replied on Mon, Jun 6 2011 10:06 PM | Locked

Barbara:

This is one of ;the wall hangings I picked up on my bus tour , now I just have to quilt it ...Barbara

Oh Barbara, so enjoyed all your pics of your bus tour! So happy you had a great time. I would so love to do something like that now that I have the time, but I don't have the health...  So I can really enjoy all your fun times, please continue to share!

Carol, that is a fabulous Quilt, oh my!

Yes, I did get to work a bit this afternoon. I got the backing cut and ready to sew together for my Freedom Quilt. I usually back my quilts with muslin and after I had cut the unbleached, I said, "Self, I think that bleached muslin will look a whole lot better!" So I found about 4 yards of bleached and yahoo, I can do that. Most of the time is spent cooking and playing cards with Bro and S-I-L... they will be here until Saturday, so I don't get much quilting done. Oh my almost forgot, I did get some pieces for the next "Baltimore Country Cousins" block cut out and all of them traced. So something has been done.

We are having fabulous weather. Today was Bro's 77 birthday, so I made a special meal from our childhood and a rhubarb upside down cake which turned out yummy!

xoxoxo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,133
Points 252,509
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 6 2011 10:10 PM | Locked

MMM,thanks for the kind words ,I can understand about the health issue, I have really bad  knees and legs and there were a few times I didn't know if I was gonna get back on the bus ..but I did  it and I'm glad I did .. It was alot of fun...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,710
Points 379,717
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 6 2011 11:12 PM | Locked

Carol,

your yellow roses quilt is beautiful. I think your friend will cherish it always.

• | Post Points: 0
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 350
quiltnewbie replied on Tue, Jun 7 2011 4:48 AM | Locked

you do beautiful quilts and quickly. I hope I can do that one day.

breathe, get the seam ripper, start over!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,133
Points 252,509
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 7 2011 8:23 AM | Locked

This is the last of my pictures of the bus tour ,I hope you all enjoyed them as much as I did ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 64 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 62 63 64 65 66 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use