Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 52 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 50 51 52 53 54 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sat, May 21 2011 7:57 PM | Locked

I did one more charity quilt on my LA and quilted one for my sister.  I have a second one for my sister to put on tonight.  I have used four different pantos so far.  I'm trying to go through all my pantos and do 1-2 quilts with each so I can see what I have.  I am also creating a long "muslin sandwich" to do one row of each panto so I have an example of each to show customers.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 25
JACI SPEED replied on Sat, May 21 2011 9:43 PM | Locked

I worked on and finished a 54X54 quilt for my  dearest friend' church. She has helped me so much in helping me learn quilting ,so I wanted to something for her.

Her church is having a raffle to help the kids in the bible class,  so I donated this quilt for them. The quilt is 54" X 54 and is made of diagional stripes on a 10" square.. Some have red strips across  and when placed right, form a heart.  It's called a 'Heart vine" and I saw the quilt on the web some time ago.

I enjoyed making this one  and learned a lot doing it.

Will start another quilt or wall hanging soon. Quilting is a way of life for me and can't wait to start another. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Sun, May 22 2011 10:52 AM | Locked

Jeanine--

Sound like you've got that LA really humming along.  You do such beautiful work and now you'll do even more.  Don't forget to take a few breaks along the way, though.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,983
Points 64,200
Robin replied on Sun, May 22 2011 11:18 AM | Locked

Finish one of the tops to the two overdue baby quilts that I'm making and management to get some embroidery done on my Crazy Quilt project.  

What can we do to stop time so I can quilt and everything else will wait?

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Sun, May 22 2011 11:31 AM | Locked

Robin:

What can we do to stop time so I can quilt and everything else will wait?

I don't know Robin but when you figure it out let me know......

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,659
gini replied on Sun, May 22 2011 12:20 PM | Locked

hi jaci speed, welcome    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sun, May 22 2011 1:18 PM | Locked

Boy Robin, that is the $64,000.00 Question. The saying that "Time Flys when you are having fun!" certainly proves true with quilting.

Got the news late last night that my DB and DS-I-L are going to be here the first week in June... oops he said the middle to end.... I haven't even started to quilt MQ4 which is their 50th Wedding Anniversary gift. I'm still waiting for my zipper system to get here. I ordered it on the 14th and as of Friday it still hadn't shipped. Maybe I'll just have to make my own leaders and get at it or it would be done when they get here!

Where did the time go?

I worked on "Starry Log Cabin" this morning and clear out a bunch of trash from the sewing room. Yesterday I put the backing together for MQ4 and starched and pressed both the top and backing. I think now it is time for a nap!

Have a great Sunday!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Tue, May 24 2011 10:31 PM | Locked

Wow where is everyone? I didn't work on anything yesterday but did get Tin Lizzie 10' set up and the new Quick Zipper system came and my D S-I-L was going to come over to help load MQ4. However; my D M-I-L fell and broke her wrist and ended up in the hospital. DH helped me that on to the frame and tomorrow it is his turn to spend the day at the hospital with his Step Mom.

Today, I got out there and got it all loaded and actually got some stitching in. I always seem to end up doing my meandering regardless of all the great ideas I have about feathers, hearts and fancy quilting. There are lots of scrolls and swirls, so it will go with the Tootie Fruiti theme. Lizzie and I seem to be getting along just fine except she doesn't like bobbin winding very much!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,983
Points 64,200
Robin replied on Tue, May 24 2011 10:34 PM | Locked

Congrats on Lizzie.  I love the quilt is there a pattern?   If so where might I find it?

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Tue, May 24 2011 10:40 PM | Locked

I haven't quilted my MQ yet, either.  Like you, I have designs in mind, but I'll need to put some muslin on the frame to practice with before I try the actual quilt.  You're looking pretty comfortable with your machine.  Are you left handed?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Tue, May 24 2011 10:41 PM | Locked

Robin, that's Mystery Quilt 4.  Check the home page on the left side to see if the MQ4 workshop is still there.  It's a fun pattern.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,447
Points 361,732
Kris replied on Wed, May 25 2011 12:43 AM | Locked

My MQ4 is too big for my frame so I'll be taking it to the local machine dealer to rent some time on their longarm. Nice photo Miss MoomMist. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 87
Points 2,420
Maria replied on Wed, May 25 2011 2:45 AM | Locked

wow i love this machine....

in Italy not there are much Longarm like this…. I have worked a lot to myquilt in these days and now they are to the final step... the binding… We have organized a quiltinday in my region there will be a show and tell... i show thisand my bargello... I'm very happy ^_^

Have a nice day ^___^

• | Post Points: 125
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Wed, May 25 2011 6:41 AM | Locked

Robin:

Congrats on Lizzie.  I love the quilt is there a pattern?   If so where might I find it?

Robin

Thank you Robin... This is Mystery Quilt #4... If you go to "Groups" on your home page, it is listed there. Baubles and Beads is the name of the pattern.

xoxoxo

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Wed, May 25 2011 6:42 AM | Locked

Thank you Maria! I'm very happy with the machine.

I love your quilt! Very nice job!

xoxoxo

Page 52 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 50 51 52 53 54 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use