Page 3 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 39 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Sun, Aug 14 2011 1:27 PM

Welcome tiffany. I also forgot to mention I use my cutting table and drafting chair for my quilting and piecing. Make sure your chair is level with your table or you will have more than enough aches plus some then. Use pillows or whatever you need to get to the right height if using wooden chair or adjust your chair if you are using an office chair or drafting chair.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 590

Finally had time to get my picture uploaded. Remain happy and amazing how the slight imperfections blend in. My cousin's dtr off to college last week. I have her quilt top done and will begin quilting. This was a very quick pattern, twin bed size. Done in batiks which I have not used much. Fabrics were sent to me and really had to use them wisely. Out of my usual box and I really like it. Have printed out a picture of a graduation cap and plan to quilt using caps combined by loops or something like that. Just wanted something different. Still have backing to do. 

Thank all of you for the comments. Love quilters to talk to. I do not have anyone to quilt with anymore and haven't found a local group. Probably should check it out. Thanks again

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 12:40 PM

have quilted all my quilts on my Bernista Artista 200.  anywhere from Crib to queen.  Gloves area huge help for me as well as having a flat surface.  Started out with the plexiglass platfor now have my machine level with my work top.  I also found when frre motion quilting the easy glide works great.  I bought all the clip rolled one quilt and hated it.  I now leave fabric loose and drape and pleat.   I think everyone has there own style.Try differant styles and see what works for you.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
Krisitn replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 10:34 PM

I was reading post to see if I could use my sewing machine to quilt a queen size its my 1st big one, and only my 3rd quilt ever. I saw your post about quilting gloves, what do they do? how will they help? Just want as much info as possible before I start thanks so much :)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
Krisitn replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 10:35 PM

what is a dsm? I'm new to quilting and want to know everything.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 656
Points 16,605

Krisitn:

what is a dsm? I'm new to quilting and want to know everything.

Domestic sewing machine as opposed to longarm quilting on a frame.  Domestic machine can have a throat space (distance between needle and right housing) of anywhere between 6" and 12".  The larger the throat the easier it is to manipulate the quilt.

Brigit-Carol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,550
Points 23,460
Susie replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 6:45 PM

I'm doing my first quilt on my DSM.  It's taking a looonnngggg time, and it a lot of work, but I'm learning as I go.  I'm trying to do a simple (hahahaha!) meander/loop pattern.  There are spots where my machine doesn't like the seams, and spots where it isn't an issue at all.  I'll post a picture as soon as I get it finished.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 7:14 PM

I just finished my flannel king quilt just straight lines, stitch in the ditch and it was heavy, hot and awkward and I will take poison before I do it again.   or at least until the trauma dies away.  kind of like child birth. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 8:21 PM

Vivian

You make me laugh....thanks.   I know that your quilt turned out beautifully.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 9:05 PM

I have Brotherithink its pq 1500 I wouldn't be able to do my large quilts without that machine  that is unless I had abigger throat machine.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 3 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use