Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 105
dbrightwell1960 Posted: Thu, Mar 31 2011 10:50 AM

Hello!!!

I'm about to start the above mentioned quilt, a Crabapple Design, and I know I saw a picture of it in the show & tell gallery showing it done in blues instead of the tans, browns and black the pattern shows.  However, now I can't find it...I've gone through these pictures over and over.  Does anyone recall seeing it?  If so, can you send me a link.  I really want to do mine in the blues and would just like to see the picture one more time.

Thank you!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,343
Points 414,779
gini replied on Thu, Mar 31 2011 3:10 PM

is this the one you were thinking of?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Apr 1 2011 7:29 AM

Gini, very pretty quilt..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 105

Hi, Gini!

No, this isn't the one, although, I'm currently working on this one.  I'm doing the redwork in red...using the sulky blendables instead of floss...gives it a little depth.  I'll be doing the quilted part in reds, whites and creams.  I DO love how you did yours with colors and scrappy quilting...very nice!

The Over the RIver and through the Woods is also a Crabapple Hill design.  It had 3 long narrow pieces of redwork and the quilting around is done in flying geese.  I know, know I've seen a picture online of it done in blues, which I want to do.  Have driven myself crazy trying to find it again!!!  :)

Thanks!

Deb

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sat, Apr 2 2011 2:13 AM

Gini,

that quilt is "Winter Wonderland" I'm doing it in blues and I also have fabrics to do it in reds (two BOMs). This one is "Over the River":

You can find the pattern here. I think it would look great in blues.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 521
Points 10,009
Jean replied on Sun, Apr 3 2011 2:33 PM

Two of my "Thursday Gals" and myself are also doing the "Over The River" quilt.  Sue liked it sew much (or should we say one of her other daughter's did) that she has done two of them already!

Patch Up America.....Make A Quilt

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:12 PM

I started the Over the River pattern, but ran out of time on the embroidery (it was a Christmas present for my Sister-in-Law, so I made some adjustments.  I did machine embroidery flowers and some other minor adjustments.  I really love how it turned out.  I had to use some math skills and a little help from EQ 5 was definitely much appreciated by me.  The quilt was finished in time and my Sister-In-Law was very happy with her Christmas gift.

One quilting project, like one cookie, is never enough.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:14 PM

Loretta

Beautiful quilt.  I love the fabrics.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:42 PM

Thanks!  It's one of my favorites!  But I won't say that out loud to anyone.  I make a quilt every year for someone in my husbands family and each of them think that theirs is the best, so I won't argue the fact!  LOL.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 85
Pamela replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:54 PM

I love the quilt the colors are fabulous!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,825
Ann W. replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 12:04 AM

Loretta, That is beautiful. I bet she was smiling from ear to ear when she opened that gift.

Ann W. in Indiana

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 12:36 AM

She definitely was!  And she swears her quilt is better than all of the others I have made for the family.  I am so excited.....this year is the last quilt that I have to make!!!!  I already know who I have for Christmas, I already started planning the quilt last year and have been working on the design in EQ5.  It is going to be a memory quilt with family Christmas Card pictures for the last 30 years for my sister-in-law!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977

Beautiful quilt, Loretta

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 8:28 AM

Love this quilt Loretta and can't wait to see your SIL's for this year.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Loretta--

Beautiful quilt--Lucky SIL.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use