book reviews

Page 3 of 5 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 74 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066

I work part tim as a library aid I love to read Marie Bostwicks book and was so happy she was keeping the elms creek going that made my month I like James Patterson woman murder mystery club too.

Happy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145

Let's see. Katherine Spencer/ Thiomas Kincade, Robert B. Parker, James Patterson, Janet Evanivich Stephanie Plum series, Debbie Mcomber, Lilian Jackson Braun Beverly Lewis, Jennifer Chiaverini and the list goes on and on. Can you tell I worked in a Library for many years?

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454

Flojo:

Here!  I love scary books and some fantasy (like John Carter of Mars) Steven Kings books, Dean Koontz and the new series by Stieg Larsson that starts with the girl with the dragon tattoo.  Sometimes I think if it is printed on paper I will read it!  The exception is the Harlequin Romances.  My personal opinion of those is "YUCK"  I don't mean to hurt any feelings, it is just that those books do not speak to me.

Flo, nice there are other out there, I'm just not into the mushy stuff, its all the same to me ,LOL  I love d the Larsson books have you seen the movies? not the new one the older ones , they are really good ,You have to change the language but now days its hard to tell they are not English , Anyway I just love a good scary book ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665

Haven't seen the movies, although have seen some of the trailers.  Look like they will be good.  I always wait until you can rent the dvd.......Can not afford movie houses any more!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,235

I love fantasy, sci-fi,  and mysteries as well as classics like Jane Eyre.  I just started reading The Cat Who Moved a Mountain by Lilian Jackson Braun.  I read the first 2 chapters last night. Yesterday I finished my second 'High Healed' mystery by Gemma Halliday.  Last week I re-read The Gods of Mar (the second in the John Carter of Mars series by Edgar Rice Burroughs. 

My daughter & I read a lot of the same things so we share a lot of books like Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series  and the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris.

I read a little every night before I go to sleep.  A couple of months ago I finally broke down and bought a Kindle Touch.  I love it.  I always have a whole library with me.  A lot of older books like the ones by Burroughs are free!!  WooHoo!

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820

The free books are really good, actually.  I like sci-fi/fantasy also.  Try these:

- Time Traders by Andre Norton. 

- Also adventure by H. Rider Haggard - The People of the Mist. 

-  I read The Invisible Man by HG Wells, pretty interesting.   A little different from the movie.

- Also Dracula by Bram Stoker.

- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

These are all free for Kindle, and I imagine for Nook also.  Lots of free stuff out there if you don't limit yourself to the past 30 years or so.  Another good one is The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, but this one is not the easiest reading in the entire world style-wise, more "old-style" than the others.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535

Dara Beth

I get alot of their free books that they have every week;.  I have found a lot of good authors by doing this that I had never read before.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145

I LOVE the Cat Who..... books. She hasn't written one in quite awhile. I wonder if she is still alive or just stopped writing.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,312

She died last year Sukochi. She was 98.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535

Wow Kris.  I didn't realize that she was that old.  Her books are really good.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,312

Barbara:
LOL  I love d the Larsson books have you seen the movies? not the new one the older ones , they are really good

I enjoyed all three Barbara. I hear the American version of the first one is really good too. I'll wait for the DVD.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,312

Nana:

Wow Kris.  I didn't realize that she was that old.  Her books are really good.

Her books are on my TBR list but haven't gotten to them yet. Might have to bump them up the list.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535

Flo

Those harlequin romances are written to make you want to go out and find a man and drag him into your bed for the afternoon.   Then you are ready to throw him out and try some of the techniques you picked up while reading the horror books and murder booksa.....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,312

ROFLMAO Nana. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465

Nana:

Flo

Those harlequin romances are written to make you want to go out and find a man and drag him into your bed for the afternoon.   Then you are ready to throw him out and try some of the techniques you picked up while reading the horror books and murder booksa.....LOL

I had to laugh when my daughter told me that her mother-in-law refers to those books as "Bodice Busters" because of the covers.

Page 3 of 5 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use