book reviews

Page 2 of 5 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 74 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

I'm finishing up Master Quilter by JC. It'll be done tonight. I hate when they end but then I get to start reading the next one.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

Is that the last one in the Elm Creek series? I started that series and loved it but then they seemed to get quite repetitive. Did they get better?

Cumberland Gap, TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Rhonda Laws:

Is that the last one in the Elm Creek series? I started that series and loved it but then they seemed to get quite repetitive. Did they get better?

Was this meant for me? Master Quilter is #6 out of 17 books. I think they are real good and each book is a story in itself. It might seem repetitive but it involves the same characters in the books. I feel like I know them all.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 11 2011 5:51 PM

Diane Morgan:
It might seem repetitive

Diane, the first 7 were not too repetitive but the 8th, The Christmas Quilt, was very repetitive.  That was the first one I didn't enjoy reading.  I have all her others but I hope they're not like that one.

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

I need to go back and look at the ones I read and report back because I think I read all of them and like Marie they became very repetitive. When I say repetitive I mean that the first half of book 9 (for example) was the last half of book 8. Drove me crazy. I have the last one (I think) here to read and have postponed it just for that reason. I will check and let you all know.

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Tue, Mar 29 2011 5:37 PM

i just finished a good book, "ten thousands saints", by eleanor henderson.   pretty edgy, and well written, it's a coming of age book, centered between the new york drug scene and vermont.  i couldn't put it down.      gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 1:52 AM

i just finished "the night circus" by morgenstern, and i liked it very much.   unlike any fantasy novel i've read so far.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 2:08 AM

Are there any of you out there that like to read scary books and fantasy ? Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 2:11 AM

i don't  like scary, but i read a bit of fantasy.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,196
Points 16,015
Susan replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 4:57 AM

It seems to me, that us quilters are also avid readers.Is there a gene we all share in common ??? I love,and always have loved, to read. And so does my DD and DGD. When I want quiet time I just pull out a book for the DGD and she is happy. Now that Im quilting reading has taken a back seat, at least when Im home. Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Rhonda Laws:

Rhonda, the latest book in the Elm Creek series is "The Wedding Quilt".  I have all the books in the series and love them.

Right now I am still reading a book called the "Christmas cookie Club" as I have not had as much time to read lately.  I just bought "The Devil's Puzzle", the third book in the Someday Quilts mysteries.

Margaret

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,497
Points 47,955
Frances replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 7:42 AM

Hi Diane,

I love the Elm Creek series, only problem is she doesnt write the books quick enough for me, yes it probable is repetitive but i find there are bits of information that you didnt get in the first bit, cant wait for Sonoma Rose to come out. I loved Aloha Quilt  as i learnt so much about Hawaii and found it really interesting im determined to Zip line in my life before i get my Zimmer Frame.

I would love to hear of anyone elses reviews of good fictional quilting books.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:13 AM

Margaret Weber:
I just bought "The Devil's Puzzle",

I am reading the Someday Quilts mysteries, too.  So far The Devil's Puzzle is quite good.  I also have her other three books.  Another series about quilting I like is Loose Threads Mysteries by Arlene Sachitano. I hear that Marie Bostwick has another book in her series coming out this spring sometime. I have The Wedding Quilt on Kindle but I haven't had the chance to read it yet.  I think that is next.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:23 AM

Barbara:

Are there any of you out there that like to read scary books and fantasy ? Barbara

Here!  I love scary books and some fantasy (like John Carter of Mars) Steven Kings books, Dean Koontz and the new series by Stieg Larsson that starts with the girl with the dragon tattoo.  Sometimes I think if it is printed on paper I will read it!  The exception is the Harlequin Romances.  My personal opinion of those is "YUCK"  I don't mean to hurt any feelings, it is just that those books do not speak to me.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 10:17 AM

I work part tim as a library aid I love to read Marie Bostwicks book and was so happy she was keeping the elms creek going that made my month I like James Patterson woman murder mystery club too.

Happy

Page 2 of 5 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use