Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Apr 1 2011 7:32 AM

Valerie,welcome to the club. Your first quilt is beautiful .I hope you enjoy your time with us. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 150

Nice work Vivian.  Thanks everyone for your welcome posts.  I checked out all your galleries as suggested and you all have made very beautiful quilts.  I'm going to finish mine this Thurs so will try to post a picture.  I'm  now trying to find an easy pattern to make my first baby quilt.  We've just had to put my mother-in-law into an assisted living facility and are now in the process of cleaning and sorthing out her house.  She had approximately 25 banker-size boxes of sewing and quilting material in every size and color you can imagine so I feel very fortunate to have all this material to use.  Happy quilting everyone.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 150

Barbara, that is Vivian's first quilt, not mine.  She sure did a great job.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 521
Points 10,009
Jean replied on Sun, Apr 3 2011 2:17 PM

Welcome Valerie!  I do remember my 1st quilt and believe it or not...8 years later it is still not finished!!  Oh, I have gone on to finish hundreds of other quilts but my very first quilt is still a UFO!  I am handquilting it and someday it will be finished and I will take a picture then (or maybe as a UFO before completion).  You just had to remind me of my first quilt though and I guess I have to say "thank you" for that? 

You are going to have a great time with this group of great ladies!

Patch Up America.....Make A Quilt

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 150

Jean, I think you should take a picture of your UFO first quilt as it is right now.  I don't think I'll do any handquilting if it takes 8 yrs!!  ha ha  I bought a new Pfaff quilt expressions 4.0 machine so it'll be doing my quilting.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 521
Points 10,009
Jean replied on Sun, Apr 3 2011 2:41 PM

Oh, it hasn't taken 8 years to hand quilt it as I have hand quilted several others in-between that time!!  I have just never gotten around to finishing that particular one!!  I love hand quilting and would never do it if it took 8 years to complete just one LOL!  I also have a Tin Lizzie longarm so enjoy both machine quilting and hand quilting!  Should have explained myself better.

Patch Up America.....Make A Quilt

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use