Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:52 PM

I grew up north of Bemidji about 20 miles in Nebish Township, we had a Gas station/liquor store across the road from our 80 acre homestead and a Church about 1 mile away.   I went to school in Blackduck, but I now live in Apple Valley, which is southern suburb of the Twin Cities. 10 miles south of the Mall of America to be exact on the road that goes right by the Mall - could be dangerous if I didn't walk with a cane now and actually felt like shopping.  My husband has been enjoying the fact that I can't go out and shop without his help!!  One of these days!!!  :)

One quilting project, like one cookie, is never enough.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 85
Pamela replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:58 PM

Welcome,

Since we retired my husband loves to go to the quilt shops with me and he will actually buy vore material than me to make him a quilt.  Haven't got around to it yet--(he wants a king size) even though we only have a queen bed.  But he likes them to hang to the floor almost.

He wants to buy all the blues! LOL

Pam from Burien, WA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 4,560
Loretta replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 12:08 AM

Boy does that sound familiar!  My husband just picked out the pattern book he wants me to make him a new quilt from.  He also informed me the size needs to be 120 x 120 so it can hang down the sides of our King size bed.  He calculated the block sizes and he also wants pillow cases, or shams!  Burgundies, creams and blacks. 

I think he has spent way too much time around me when I'm deciding on colors, and patterns.  Even though I'm really excited to do this quilt.  It will be a sampler quilt with 12 x 12 blocks.  Should be interesting and fun to see what kind of reaction I will get when it's complete.  If he likes it or not is all on him, because he has picked everything out.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,053
Points 169,998
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 7:35 AM

Welcome Loretta.  I just saw your beautiful quilts in your gallery, loved them all, good job!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use