rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 972
sissi Posted: Thu, Sep 3 2009 8:15 PM

Hi everyone,

I was looking at purchasing the Brother sewing Machine SE350...with embrodery....can someone let me know if this would be a good choice.

I have a Singer...about 2 yrs old and has quite a few stiches, but does not have a speed regulator, the choice of the needle down or up....etc.

Let me know before I jump into it

Thanks

Celine

Celine

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,518
masufa replied on Thu, Sep 3 2009 11:32 PM

Hi Celine, I can't commit on the model you are looking at but I have had a Brother ci6000 for 3 years and I love it have never had a problem with it at all. it has needle up/down, I can move the needle position over with just push of a button, it has lots of stitches most I have never used. No stitch regulator though.

I'm sure someone will reply with more help soon.

Mary 

Masufa

Klamath Falls,OR

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Hi Celine and welcome to QCA.  I don't know anythign about the machine either. What are you planning on using it for, just piecing and embrodery.

I'm sure someone here has this machine or has looked at it. Good luck with your purchase.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

welcome Sissi...this is a great site to get information...there are usually lots of different opinions about things on here..hope you get the answers you are looking for

Ontario, Canada

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Fri, Sep 4 2009 11:35 AM

hi sissi,  i don't think you can go wrong with any of the top-of-the-line machines.   make sure that you have  a dealer close to you so it can be serviced easily.   we moved to another stae after i bought my machine and there was no one near to fix it.  now we have a dealer in spokane 90 miles away.   i didn't do my research well enough.  and try out a lot of machines.  some are hard to get your hands in to thread the machines.  they should let you  test drive the machine.    good luck and happy quilting   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Since I can't remember if you posted an intro and I welcomed you there, I'll welcome your here. Welcome to QCA, Sissi!

Gillette, WY

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use