This post has 137 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Mon, Jul 12 2010 8:55 AM

Elaine Phillips:
My space is 14x20.

Elaine, beautiful studio!!  And neat doesn't begin to describe it.  You could litterally live in this space with the addition of a refrigerator and lots of chocolate.  LOL

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Mon, Jul 12 2010 1:47 PM

Elaine - Wow, now that is the envy of me.  You are so lucky!

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

You know me so well, Helly!! Actually the pictures were taken last year when I had just done some reorganizing. That's why it looked so neat. Since then I have reorganized again, but haven't taken pictures yet. Under the sewing table I have done some changes to optimize the storage space, and it looks better, too. But the basic concept is the same. Right now the place isn't too bad, but I have been doing some quilting so it's not so neat.  Thanks for all the good comments. I love my space. And I spend a lot of time here, reading and watching TV, and of course, quilting.

Elaine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

blmjcl:

I clean sewing room is the sign of a person with serious OCD or one who really doesn't quilt!  It is your world so it just has to work for you!

I disagree...I quilt everyday and my studio is fairly clean...I can't work in a messy space..and that is just me

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 553
Points 11,305
Gagoo replied on Mon, Jul 12 2010 5:25 PM

Elaine, gorgeous studio and very homey-comfy looking. But where is the bowl of munchies??? I know none of us can quilt unless we ( I ) have a bowl of candy next to the machine LOL

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Helly, I can't work in a messy space either, that is why I spend about as much time cleaning as I do quilting. When I start a new project I have to clean first. I am the same way with cooking. If the kitchen is messy I have to clean it up before I can cook a meal.

Gagoo, I have my stash, but I try not to get in to it often. I am on weightwatchers and try to limit my munchies as much as possible. But believe me, I am tempted all too often.

Elaine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Elaine...I wouldn't say I spend as much time cleaning as quilting but it does have to be tidy....too funny about the kitchen as I am the same way too...I can leave a mess and walk away but when I have to cook a meal it has to be tidy before I start...I guess I'm not alone with my ideas ;o)

Ontario, Canada

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Adele:

wow its amazing Elaina. thanks for showing it to all of us and now i have to go get a towel for all the drool on my computer desk LOL. 

Adele~

Too funny! We do tend to salivate at others, huh? My keyboard is always wet!

Elaine~Your sewing room is great! I have two rooms but mine is never neat. Too much stuff! But it works for me Next life I will go to neat school first instead of Clown College.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,504
Points 417,409
gini replied on Tue, Jul 13 2010 10:17 PM

elaine, you have a wonderful studio.    very inviting.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Beautiful studio, Elaine! I'm with you and Helly, I can't work when there's lots of clutter around, either. It stresses me out to no end! On the other hand, I have a friend who can't work in my space because there is no clutter - at least most of the time there isn't.

Gillette, WY

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 123
Points 2,500

Love the space, lots of potential and you have all the bells!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 123
Points 2,500

I'd love to see pictures of other's spaces, it helps me see things that I would like to incorporate into mine!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 30 2010 9:04 PM

Applekrisp

You really wouldn't want to see my space.  Everything is crammed into approximately an 8 x 6 corner of the family room.  But it works.   Of course my midarm and 12ft frame is in another room altogether...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jul 30 2010 10:01 PM

Gagoo:
But where is the bowl of munchies??? I know none of us can quilt unless we ( I ) have a bowl of candy next to the machine

I have to say my weakness is anything salty crunchy, not sweet, and my munchies container is kept in a drawer next to the machine - easy to access while sewing, but hidden from view so that DH believes my fabric stash alone keeps me fulfilled in that room.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Fri, Jul 30 2010 10:04 PM

MNnancy:
easy to access while sewing, but hidden from view so that DH believes my fabric stash alone keeps me fulfilled in that room.

That's funny, Nancy! I use to have one of those drawers at school!

Gillette, WY

Page 8 of 10 (138 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use