Page 48 of 49 (734 items) « First ... < Previous 45 46 47 48 49 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 733 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 155
Linda replied on Fri, Mar 12 2010 7:23 AM

Hi Mary. I grew up in Fort Worth but now live in Cleburne.  Great to find a QCA friend so close.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 144
Points 1,930
Priscilla replied on Fri, Mar 12 2010 7:39 PM

kathy w:

Priscilla,

Except for giving up my kids, I think I would give my worldly goods (mostly fabric) for the life you describe.

Kathy

Kathy,

I had a lot of good times growing up on an Island and some hard times as well. I would get up at 4am to go lobstering/crabbing in the middle of winter. I can remember the salt water freezing on the rope and   icicles forming. You know what I miss the most. Your going to think it odd...the salt water smell. I can almost taste it sometimes when I think about it and smile as I think of my Father and I working together on the boat. He would sit on the stern while I would head the boat to the first string of traps. He would get his thermos of coffee out and hum,  then we would both start singing Mr. Sandman. We worked very hard hauling traps and once in awhile we would just be silly. You had to be sometimes.  We had a few close calls with the weather and other boats.  I would love to write a book on my escapades. If I could only write....

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 735
kathy w replied on Sat, Mar 13 2010 12:22 PM

Pricilla,

I love the smell of salt air too.  I live in Oklahoma and am land-locked but have lots of memories of recent and past visits to the sea shore.  I've even tried my hand at lobster and crab trapping.  You are so lucky!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Wed, Mar 17 2010 9:04 PM

I live in Toledo Ohio.

Toledo, OH

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 25

Dei, Ohio

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 80

Hi,

My name is Sandi Swayze and I live in Silverdale, Wa for six months and then snowbird to Sun City, Az for six months which is why I love QNN and Quilters club because it is available whenever I happen to be.  I am currently working on the second mystery quilt.  I truly enjoyed the first one and so far, so good on the second one.  I have been quilting on and off for over 35 plus years.

Thanks, Sandi

• | Post Points: 80
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Tue, Apr 6 2010 9:33 AM

Welcome Sandi. I was in Phoenix for the first time at the end of Feb.  I just loved the colours of the mountains and all the hiking that you could do there.  I would love to winter there.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Tue, Apr 6 2010 5:12 PM

hi sandi and welcome.   we lived in pt gamble for 8 years and i worked for a wonderful dentist in sliverdale for years.  i remember when silverdale was a cow pasture.   we also belong to the brememrton ski cruisers, so we get to keep up on kitsap's gossip.   several of our members are teachers in your area     enjoy qca      gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Tue, Apr 6 2010 7:48 PM

Sandi

Welcome and hope you enjoy.  Also hope you find time to chat with us more frequently.  We also love seeing pics of everyones lovely projects.  Have fun with the site and with your quilting.  And just being nosey but are you any relation to Patrick Swayze.  I always loved his movies and am really sorry that he is gone.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 6 2010 8:13 PM

Hi Sandi,

welcome to the group.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to the QDA forums, Sandi!

Gillette, WY

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 205

Hey, what wonderful way to say hello.  I am from Salem, Oregon.  Beautiful west coast. 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 95
MomaT replied on Wed, Apr 7 2010 6:44 PM

My name is Barbara Thompson.  I was born and raised in California, however, for the past 25 years I've lived in Collinsville, MS.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Wed, Apr 7 2010 8:37 PM

hi barbara, and welcome to qca.   it's nice to meet you  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Thu, Apr 8 2010 1:06 AM

Hello and welcome Barbara.

Page 48 of 49 (734 items) « First ... < Previous 45 46 47 48 49 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use