Top 10 Posters

Where do you hail from??? Updated 06/16/2010

Page 38 of 49 (734 items) « First ... < Previous 36 37 38 39 40 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 733 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 763
Points 16,110
Joy replied on Fri, Dec 11 2009 8:12 PM

Although born and raised in Michigan....I call North Carolina home and always will. I rarely even mention that I am originally from Michigan! The weather is great, the people are amazing - friendly everywhere you go! Even the State Police! I once ran out of gas and a patrolman offered to get me gas! Only in North Carolina!

Joy

Mooresville, North Carolina

Joy

Mooresville, NC

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 295
Sissy replied on Sat, Dec 12 2009 8:47 AM

Hi all,

I'm transplanted from Texas and live in North Carolina for now.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 295
Sissy replied on Sat, Dec 12 2009 8:52 AM

I live in Roxboro, NC, which is north of the  Raleigh, Durham area.  Nice to know someone else who quilts.

Sissy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 12 2009 10:00 AM

Welcome Joy and Sissy.  I am not sure if I have welcomed you in the past.  I live about 3 hrs from the Raliegh area in the Roanoke,Va area. Raliegh is a beautiful area.  My oldest DD used to live there.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Sissy and Joy--

Welcome to QCA.  This is just a super site for quilters, so hope you'll jump in and share your experiences and pictures--and funny stories (we love fun)

Kissimmee, FL

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 215

Hi All I typed a bunch of info and then lost it all. I am very busy rite now baking dog treats as  I do for my own 4 my sweet baby girl Allison . thats her in the picture, also doing a few embroidery by machine gifts. on linen place mats and napkins and coasters, plus my dear God son just grad from police academy Friday and  to day at 3:36 pm has a new baby daughter a red head they think she was 8.7 oz 22 inch long, I am I doing  the Martha Pullen's baby quilt of nursery songs 12 blocks . I have to do it is all machine embroidery so won't take me long to do as it will be for Christmas and a few other things too.her name is Claire Sophia Doble.  well I am a native of Cape cod my family came over on the mayflower , we retired here from the navy , my hubby is from northern Maine potato country  Fort Kent Maine, we met when he was on the USS Intrepid  39 years a go. he did just under 30 years of service ,me I kept very busy as a navy wife , wives club pres for the USS  Oliver Hazard Perry FFG 7 we were pre com on her and were the last to leave her. stationed in May port Fla. we lived in Jax beach a nice home there I still miss it. I do sew almost every day or try to. I love every thing to do with the home, you name it. Am also a certified teacher in Ceramics and stoneware and porcelain from Duncan Enterprises in Cal. I keep very busy with most every thing  I love to sew it is my little corner of the world nothing holds you back just let your heart sore and sew your heart out. I have been sewing now way over 55 years started very young Barbie cloth yes I was here when th first Barbie came out and all her friend mater of fact I still have my dolls, and my Ginny doll too that I got in 1956 she is in a cabinet with her little red dress on. well  iIguess that is it for now . oh too I do digitizes my own machine embroidery designs too. I love a challenge. well got to dash many more things to try to get done, take care hugs to all. ((((())))) Weze aka Louise R 

Merry Christmas  HappY New Year TOO !

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 12 2009 10:04 PM

Weze

It was great reading about your life.  It sounds like it has been very interesting.  Congratulations on the new granddaughter...I bet you are so proud.  Would love to see pictures of some of your work...quilting and ceramic.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sat, Dec 12 2009 11:59 PM

weze and sissy, welcome to our wonderful group of quilters.   it is always nice to meet new people who are also quilters.  gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 130
Kathy replied on Wed, Dec 16 2009 9:51 AM

I hail from the Pizza Capital of the US - New Haven, CT

Kathy in CT

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 16 2009 10:03 AM

Kathy:

I hail from the Pizza Capital of the US - New Haven, CT

Welcome Kathy.  Why is New Haven called the Pizza Capital?  Hope you enjoy the site  There are awesome people here.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Welcome to the QCA forums, Kathy!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Wed, Dec 16 2009 3:35 PM

kathy, we're happy to have you here.  this is a fun site with lots of great information    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 589
Points 5,919
Bonnie replied on Fri, Dec 18 2009 12:09 AM

I live in Susanville, CA.  I am 90 miles nw of Reno.  I visit there frequently to shop Joanns while visiting my son who is a deputy sheriff there.  I have only been quilting for a few years ( sewing longer) but wouldn't have it any other way.  I am a licensed nurse at one (the maximum one) of the two prisons we have here.  I am one of the lucky ones that got a pay cut cuz the state is broke.  I don't let them mess with my Thursdays as that is me and my 10 year old granddaughters sewing day!!!  I have 11 grandkids and 1 great grandson.  bonnie

Bonnie, NorCal

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Fri, Dec 18 2009 12:11 AM

Welcome to the QCA forums, Bonnie! Sounds like you have a busy life!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Fri, Dec 18 2009 12:17 AM

hi bonnie, we're happy to have you here.  how lucky are you to get to sew with your granddaughter every week?   we love to see pictures when you get the time.  gini

gini in north idaho

Page 38 of 49 (734 items) « First ... < Previous 36 37 38 39 40 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use