Dentists

Page 5 of 6 (77 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 76 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

We use both the cell and the land line, but more and more it is the cell.  Talk to our kids almost every day and love being able to be in touch with them.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 766
Points 10,049
Rhonnie replied on Wed, Sep 2 2009 6:07 PM

that is who is usually calling me unless I am being stupid parent again and have opinion....lol. I have to say to add to that the kid I am talking about is 19 yrold daughter....lol she says "real" world don't have dishes to wash or floors to sweep. anyway she just called and reminded me that umm sorry I forgot to do dishes I do em later.....later=after mom does em I go to do them.

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

Rhonnie:

that is who is usually calling me unless I am being stupid parent again and have opinion....lol. I have to say to add to that the kid I am talking about is 19 yrold daughter....lol she says "real" world don't have dishes to wash or floors to sweep. anyway she just called and reminded me that umm sorry I forgot to do dishes I do em later.....later=after mom does em I go to do them.

Yeah, there is hope though Rhonnie, my youngest turned into a real human being when she became a mother LOL

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Wed, Sep 2 2009 7:08 PM

Yeah Spud

But don't ya just luv it.

Laughter is the best medicine. 

Except for you girls of course (which definately includes a lot of laughter)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,048
Points 385,602
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 2 2009 7:19 PM

Rhonnie:

But better than that I was so use to bf at the time and hubby to be in few minutes with a phone on me or him I handed him the phone as I went to get ready for the wedding......lol. We stood in front of our friends and family to get married (lol my dad is preacher) and the phone rings..he answers it my dad could have died. Hubby-to-be in a few minutes took a job and looked at my dad with smile said now she can go shopping.....lol. My dad made him turn the phone off and give it to him until after the ceremony. But in his defense he hadnt worked in 3 months and they didnt know we were getting married. The BA of the local sent us to a nice motel and paid for wonderful weekend when he found out what he did...lol

That's a great story Rhonnie. I can only imagine what your guests must have thought.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Oh, Rhonnie, that is too funny! I've missed you, gurl!

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,179
Points 253,217
Thea replied on Thu, Sep 3 2009 12:11 AM

We all missed her - it is hard when you get used to seeing someones words on a screen every day and then all of a sudden they are gone - it was nice to have her back and know that all is okay - not great but okay - I really mssed those silly giggles...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

A very funny story Rhonnie!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,535
Points 31,275
Diana replied on Thu, Sep 3 2009 5:04 AM

Hi Y'all,

I've been laid up for a couple days, but can I get in on the cell phone conversation?   I "Hate" them.   I have one for emergencies or when I travel in the car.  I drive 850 miles home at least once a year to see family and friends, and it's how I can keep DH from fretting.  But to do anything else, have to constantly hear all the phone conversations of everyone around ya.  I don't need to hear about your date, or who's sleeping with who, or which kid is getting expelled from school again.  A few years ago, I was in the bank, and I was next in line.  Woman in front of me at the teller had taken 3 calls while the teller waited.  When the woman got her money and just stepped aside to count her change, I walked up to teller and commented " I thought this was a bank, NOT a phone booth".   Boy, did I get a dirty look and she huffed away.   But teller totally agreed with me.  I thought answering machines took care of taking our calls while we were out so we didn't miss important calls????  I've got the cell phone that I have rollover minutes.....I can't even get anywhere near the minutes I'm allowed.  After this contract is up, I'm going to go to the phone that you pay as you go.  I use cell phones so little.   I have a new car with OnStar and that's the way to go.  Hubby just calls my mirror...LOL   I'm going to keep the OnStar.  Phone costs me about $14.00 for 130 minutes.  They are good for a year.  It's a satellite phone, so don't need to rely on cell towers.  

But those of you who have cell phones, have some consideration for those around you.  You wouldn't brush your teeth or put on your deodorent in public, why talking on the phone, airing your personal stuff?   I'll get off my Soap Box Now.

Huggs,   Diana from East TN.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Diana...I don't think  you don't like cell phones as much as you don't like the way a lot of people use them...I have a teenage daughter and when she got her licence I was so glad she had a cell phone...I know that if she has any difficulties she can call and get help...I think cell phones are great but there are some very rude and inconsiderate people that use them...but please don't blame the cell phones..I would be worried sick if my baby girl was on the road without one...

Ontario, Canada

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,541

There is nothing more frustrating to me than to be standing in a fast food line and someone in front of me is trying to talk on the phone and order at the same time.  As my niece says "How Rude!"  But, I agree with Helly, it is not the phone, it is the person using it.  There are so many inconsiderate people around.  I have one and I have it with me whenever I leave home, but I control it, it does not control me.  If I get a call that I must take in public, I will go outside the store or, if possible, adjacent to public pay phones.  Other people should not have to listen to my conversations, and furthermore, I don't want them to listen.

Ok, I'm off the soap box now.

Next.

Southwest Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

I use to think they were awful but my cell is the way I get to talk to my husband and when he stays in the town he works in and I don't see him for sevral days at a time it is our connection. We talk a couple times a day.  I pull over if I'm in the can and need to talk and people who talk on the phone so loudly that everyone hears them or drives while talking on the phone are just rude. My $.02

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,535
Points 31,275
Diana replied on Thu, Sep 3 2009 11:29 AM

I agree that cell phones are a great invention and have a real need.  To call for help in an emergency or to keep in touch with someone who is traveling.  But for just general chit-chat, and some children who have run up thousands of dollars in text messaging bills on their parents to talk to their friends that they've been in school with for the last 6 hours...huh???  But if the children are being rude it's cuz they learned it from someone.........

I won't give up my cell phone, but I wish that those who have them would have some manners around others.  But there again, I've seen children who run and practically knock others down in the malls,  slam doors in others faces instead of holding it for the next person right behind them.  Again, they learned rudeness from somewhere??????

OOPS, this soap box is getting well used today.

Sorry, Diana  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,048
Points 385,602
Kris replied on Thu, Sep 3 2009 1:34 PM

Diana Binkowski:
've been laid up for a couple days,

Diana,

how are doing now? Feeling better?

I think cells phones definitely serve a great purpose but people definitely need to learn etiquette. I might call from the bank or the grocery store to clarify something but I never hold long conversations. I use my phone mostly for its PDA functions and it's great for these digital books.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Good thing I didn't try to use my phone while at the dentist's, huh?! I wouldn't have been able to figure out to use it, anyway. LOL!

Gillette, WY

Page 5 of 6 (77 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.