Top 10 Posters

2012 Southeastern Quilt Retreat

Page 13 of 19 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 279 Replies | 39 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 11 2011 9:32 AM

elgato

I am doing the Pacific NW retreat this fall and flying from Virginia to Washington state.  I won't be taking my machine but there are several people that are driving that are bringing extra machines to share with those that are flying.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 805
Johnya replied on Mon, Jul 11 2011 1:51 PM

I know I am late on the uptake here, but please consider that the tourist towns in the smokey mountains host several conventions through the year. Bikers, classic cars, etc.  So think about the traffic also. I live in Alabama and have vacationed in the area more times than I can count. But I certainly remember the "Low Rider" convention that almost ruined a romantic weekend getaway. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Points 2,005

Hi Nana. I live in PA so a retreat in the SE would be nice. I think the mountains would be better for the summer-cooler and the coast better for the spring/fall-warmer. I have lived by the ocean and high in the hills, anywhere is beautiful. I have never been to a retreat and don't know what to expect. I'm also nervous sewing around people, so I don't take as many classes as I'd like. I have so much to finish right now I don't even think of another class. Anyway, I would be interested. Bettie

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
TXjan replied on Tue, Jul 12 2011 8:38 PM

Bettie, I know just what you mean about sewing around other people. But we laugh and have such fun that I forget my inhibitions! We're going next to the Retreat at Rachel's Ranch in Palestine, TX  this fall.  It's so peaceful and my soul seemed to be at peace when I visited there. You can see it at www.retreatatrachelsranch.com. They're going to build a camp for abused kids there to honor the memory of their daughter who was killed last year.

It will be great . . . as long as I don't sew a finger! ;-)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 470
Points 5,905
Isabella replied on Thu, Aug 25 2011 3:14 PM

Nana:

There has been some interest expressed in doing some type of retreat in the southeast for next year.   I have been doing some looking into retreat centers and really need to know how many would be interested in doing this.  Also if interested would you rather be in the mountains or on the coast.

Hi Nana,

I think I lost track of this Retreat. Did you decide on a date and place? I would love to come but I have to see it does not coincide with my business trips.

Isabella

Isabella

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 25 2011 4:48 PM

Isabella

I think this has kind of been put on the back burner.  Marge was good enough to try to find some places for us.  Once she gets back from her trip maybe we can get people to let us know how many are truly interested and can give at least tenative commitment.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 784
Points 12,625
Quiltless replied on Thu, Aug 25 2011 4:52 PM

Just tagging this to watch it. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 84
Points 2,115
Leah replied on Wed, Aug 31 2011 8:22 PM

just found this post, I am currently living in Virginia, I would LOVE to go to this retreat!!!!  I am open to where and when.  I will follow this post and hope to be able to get on the list to go.

Thank you all,

Leah

Leah

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Aug 31 2011 9:41 PM

There is a place in  Georgia  that hosts the Quilt Retreats here. It is in the mountains and, I have seen the pictures. it is in the little town of Toccoa, Ga. a beautiful area with a Bible College and Beautiful Water Falls. That might work. Just a suggestion. There is also a place in Alabama (Can't remember where), that my sister attened a retreat at that she said was glorious. I will check on that location, if you like.

Sukochi

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 31 2011 9:44 PM

I would really like to come to this retreat and meet all you folks east of the Mississippi, I can do any where ,so it really doesn't  matter to me , I think they would all be great ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 31 2011 10:22 PM

Sukochi

Thanks for the suggestions.  We will definitely consider them all.  We are trying to stay just a little further north to make this a little more central for the majority that have expressed interest.  But all suggestions are welcome.  Marge has been doing alot of the looking at sites for us.  Hopefully when she returns from her cruise we can get some definite ideas.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 45

I would definitely be interested as long as it isn't too far north.  There are so many beautiful places in the southeast that you might have a problem deciding on just one.  Once you get further along in the planning, please contact me so I can decide if I can come!  Sounds like a lot of fun.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 65
Jamie replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 4:52 PM

Nana, I would be very interested in this! I live in Walland, TN (just over the hill from Pigeon Forge and am originally from Sevier County).  There are many places around here that could accommodate a retreat.  If it were in / around P.F. or Gatlinburg, there are several quilt shops and the one you are talking about is only about 45 minutes from P.F. / Gatlinburg.   Also, there is a wonderful trolley system in P.F. and Gatlinburg.  There is also a new JoAnn's at the Sevierville / P.F. border in a really fantastic shopping center that hosts one of the largest scrapbooking stores in the country.  Just some food for thought.  I'll be happy to help in any way I can (I'm also a camper and know of several campgrounds in the area - one that's a few miles from me has a lovely meeting center.)  Good luck!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 5:03 PM

hi jamie, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 65
Jamie replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 5:36 PM

I'm so glad I found this group! I'm trying to get back into machine quilting after many years and would love to get together with a bunch of quilters!

Page 13 of 19 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use