Top 10 Posters

2012 Southeastern Quilt Retreat

Page 11 of 19 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 279 Replies | 39 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Sat, May 14 2011 12:09 AM

Marlene

I don't know the exact travel time from the Gatlinburg area to Knoxville but they aren't really far apart.  They are in the same general part of the state.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,194
gini replied on Sat, May 14 2011 12:13 AM

marlene,  32.7 miles

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Sat, May 14 2011 12:17 AM

Gini

That is really sad.  You know more about the distance with you all the way out in Idaho and I am only about 4 1/2 hrs away....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,194
gini replied on Sat, May 14 2011 12:36 AM

i cheated and went to mapquest, i'm the one that can't tell the difference between maine and massachusetts    :  )  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sat, May 14 2011 1:01 AM

Elaine ,yes I would sitll be intrested, I don't car to fly either so sharing the cost of gas would be great as will as the driving...We can chat albot it moare as the time gets closer...Barbara

the weekend of june 3rd  and 4th ,I'm going with a group from one of the LQS on a 2day shop hop  thru northwestern Missouri and southeastern Iowa.  8 shops in all. we are taking a bus out and there  will be about 30  maybe more of us going for the 2day trip...The price includes the bus trip  meals and 1 night stay in hotel.. I'm really looking forward to going , and I'll take lots of pictures. One of the shops on the trip  is The Missouri Star quilt shop ..that can be seen on u-tube .I've been there with the last shop hop i was involved with , they are a really nice group of people....I'm really gonna enjoy finally getting to attend some of these retreats ,could never do them before..Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Sat, May 14 2011 2:45 AM

I have been keeping up with this discussion, and would like to join this retreat if there is room. I don't want to take anyone's spot, but if there is an opening when the time comes to book the retreat, then count me in. I'd love to get to meet all of you ladies, and MNnancy can laugh at my accent all she wants. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Sat, May 14 2011 6:27 AM

OK Marge,    My vote is Tuckaleechee(sp?) in late Sept.  I'll bring 2 extra sewing machines, mats and rulers.  Anyone coming by plane, I can pic them up at Knoxville airport since I'm a local and know the area.

Diana in East Tn.     

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Sabrina - We would love for you to join us.  Have you looked at the retreat center's website?  Bear Lodge is less expensive and only sleeps 20 - BUT the gathering area wouldn't accomodate 20 sewing stations that's why I thought Elk was better.  If we only get 20 people, then we can each have our own bed but we can go as high as 40.  Now I don't think we could fit 40 in for sewing, so I think we will probably have to cut it off at the 20.  I really like Tuckaleechee better since we would have our sewing venue in the same building that we are staying in.  We can leave everything set up and not be concerned about things disappearing.  While Hidden Mountain is beautiful, I just don't like that the conference center is at the bottom of the mountain and we would be sleeping at the top of the mountain. I figure Nana and I will promote this until say Labor Day weekend and then put anyone else on a waiting list.  The problem is that with it being the Smoky Mountains, we need to pay 50% with our reservation and the balance when we check in.  That holds true for both places.  That would mean that anyone who wants to go would really have to make a firm commitment because neither Nana nor I want to get stuck with a huge bill.  Nor do I think it would be fair to the gals that are coming to think that the price is going to be one thing because we are dividing everything by 20 and then end up paying a lot more because some backed out at the last minute.   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Marlene ---- yippee!! I am so glad that you are thinking about joining us.   No Ms Cricket --- you can't come.  Sorry.  You will have to stay home and take care of your Dad.   

And that Marie and Kris are seriously thinking about it too!!! And Darlene all the way from Canada! 

Sept isn't any cheaper that Oct. Gals.  June through October are high season.  So do you still want to look at late Sept or stick with say the first or second week of Oct.?  I also see on the price sheet that Ruth gave me that there is a 9.25% state sales tax and a 5% motel tax.  UGH!  Of course we would get that no matter where we stay up there.  If my math is correct, that would bump it up to $205.65 each.   Now we could use the dining room on the lower level for sewing too but then we would have to clear stuff off the tables to eat.  But that way we could open it up to up to 40 gals.  (I don't want to sound anti male but the sleeping set up would not be condusive to coed. ) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Hey Gini --- does Sam have any business dealings over near the Smoky Mountains so he could drop you off at Tuckaleechee to play with us???? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Sat, May 14 2011 6:38 PM

Marge, I did look at the retreat's website and it looks great to me. I'm not very particular though, whichever place everyone else decides on is fine by me. If there is a spot open when you book, I'd really like to go. I have no preference on when we go either, whatever works best for everyone else, I can take off work whenever.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Sat, May 14 2011 7:17 PM

Marge

Is that $205 per day or per person for the whole retreat?

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, May 14 2011 8:58 PM

Marlene,

That would be so cool if you could come to this!

Sabrina,

I am not going to laugh at your accent; I am going to enjoy it!    :-)
                                              (...and probably pick it up myself fairly quickly...)

Nana,

I second your question!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,839
Points 352,757
Kris replied on Sat, May 14 2011 9:30 PM

Marie:
Kris, are you still planning on driving and having me as a passenger?  If so consider yourself adopted!

Woo Hoo! I go me a new Mom! Yes Marie that is still the plan.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Sat, May 14 2011 9:31 PM

MNnancy:

Sabrina,

I am not going to laugh at your accent; I am going to enjoy it!    :-)
                                              (...and probably pick it up myself fairly quickly...)

Nancy, oh no! You pick up accents too? I tend to do that way to easily myself. So you could go home sounding like an Alabama native, and I'll go home sounding like a Minnesota native.

Page 11 of 19 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use