Top 10 Posters

2012 Southeastern Quilt Retreat

Page 6 of 19 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 279 Replies | 39 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Sun, Mar 13 2011 5:42 PM

Marge

Whatever works best is fine with me.  I think we need to plan on at least 12 with possible of up to 20.  What do you think?

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Sun, Mar 13 2011 6:54 PM

Hi Nana, Just got back from Beaufort S. C. My daughter had a baby boy thursday  and we stayed with our 2 yr. old granddaughter. So you,re planning a retreat!  Gatlinburg in Fall is beautiful! I would be very interested. Will drive from Florida and maybe some one from the south will want to ride with me as i have an 8 passenger SUV. Sounds like a wonderful way to meet ya,all. Susan

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Mar 13 2011 8:50 PM

Nana:
I think we need to plan on at least 12 with possible of up to 20.  What do you think?

For an event that is still well over a year away, there has been a lot of interest expressed, so yes, I think you'd better plan on sewing space for 20!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Sun, Mar 13 2011 11:20 PM

susan congratulations on the nerw grandbaby       gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

OK folks.  I will be leaving for Gatlinburg area on Sat. for a week.  I plan to check out some of the quilt shops in the area plus the retreat center over in Townesend.  I will give a report when I get back on what I have found out.  The condo we are staying at isn't very far from Holloway's so I will be able to check out their retreat facillitites as well.  My plans are to tap the brains of these folks as to when they think the best time to come up is plus see if I can generate any interest from the shops in providing some give aways or special group discounts for us.  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,834
Points 248,814
Barbara replied on Wed, May 4 2011 9:05 AM

Marge, sounds like a wonderful trip , I hope you find a good spot. As of now I still hope to make this retreat. alot of it is going to depend on my health,,lol  .mostly my legs ...I know the country there is beautiful from past trips so  good hunting...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,702
Points 179,708
Marie replied on Wed, May 4 2011 9:21 AM

Marge, have a great trip and thanks for scouting out a place for our retreat.  I hope to make it.  Fingers crossed.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,529
Points 31,110
Diana replied on Wed, May 4 2011 10:31 AM

Marge,   Have a great time.  If you need some help finding those quilt shops, I'm only 1 hour away from most of them.  The local shops are usually very generous with quilt guilds and such.  You'll love it there as usual any time of year.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Hey Diana ---- Do you work??  I am trying to get exes sister to meet up with me at the Cherry Pit in Sevierville on Tues and have lunch.  Would love it if you could come too. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Wed, May 4 2011 12:25 PM

Marge

Have a great time.  I wish I had been able to work out coming to see you but just wasn't able to get it into the schedule.  Hope you find an awesome place for a retreat.  You will have to fill us in on all the details.....

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,529
Points 31,110
Diana replied on Wed, May 4 2011 5:26 PM

Hi Marge..   Nope, gave up working 8 years ago (retired).   That sounds like great fun.  I love the Cherry Pit.  I'd love to meet up with you.  It would be fun to put a face with a name.   If you're staying near Cosby,  have you been to eat at Carver's Apple Orchard Restaurant?  It's super.  Great food and even better service.  People are great and price is very reasonable.  It's on the same road as Hollaway's Quilt shop.  Just up the road towards Newport.

Diana in East Tn.    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

We haven't been back to stay in Gatlinburg since we got married there in 2004.  I have a time share just off 321 in Gatlinburg that i always stayed at.  This time we are staying out 321 towards Cosby so we will have to check out that restaurant you recommended.  Is Holloways right on 321?  I have found another quilt shop listed for Cosby called Deerfoot Quilts.  Ever heard of that one??

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,529
Points 31,110
Diana replied on Thu, May 5 2011 4:09 AM

Deerfoot Quilts is a place that is open whenever.  Not a fabric shop.  I finally caught it open one day on my way to Holloway's and wasn't impressed at all.  Not a stop I would make again.  Holloway's is right on 321, you can't miss it.  Log cabin and a big sign out front.  Carver's is also on 321 past Holloway's if you're coming from Gatlinburg.  They will both be on the right hand side.  The restaurant you have to go up the drive-way to it.  You can't really see it from the road.  You actually overlook the orchard and watch the horses too. There is a big sign near the drive-way so you shouldn't miss it.  It's a nice ride and not that far.

In Sevierville, there's another quilt shop across the river called Iva's.  Love that place too.  I always find what I'm looking for there.  And you have to watch out for their dog.  She's so cute.  If you pay the least bit of attention to her, she falls down and rolls over to have her tummy rubbed.  And they have a great sign on the door about her....."Beware of Dog, Can't hold her Licker"   lol

Diana in East Tn.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

WooHoo!  Diana is going to meet me at the Cherry Pit in Sevierville on Tues.  I am having so much fun meeting the people here on QCA. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,529
Points 31,110
Diana replied on Thu, May 5 2011 9:01 AM

Have you been to Mel's Diner in Pigeon Forge?  It's a 1960's diner.  Good Food and reasonably priced.  I've been to the Old Mill Restaurant and it's good food but a bit higer on prices.  All according to what you want and how expensive you want to go.  Have you ever been to a Five Guys Burgers?  Great food for food on the run.  Nothing frozen, all fresh made and cooked.  And never go hungry either.  Of course, there all the chains, Olive Garden,etc.  Just a couple of choices...

Diana in East Tn. 

Page 6 of 19 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use