Business name

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
8 Posts
Points 160
Mary posted on Sun, Mar 6 2011 9:20 PM

Hi, I'm looking for a name for a new business. Long arm quilting, clothing alterations, and sewing curtians. We are 2 sisters who love to sew. Any idea's or suggestions?

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 200 Contributor
Female
448 Posts
Points 5,660

If you plan on registering your name, check out the trademark and patent website to make sure you don't infringe on someone else's trademark or business name. (www.uspto.gov) 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
448 Posts
Points 5,660

If you plan on registering your name, check out the trademark and patent website to make sure you don't infringe on someone else's trademark or business name. (www.uspto.gov) 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,403 Posts
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Sun, Mar 6 2011 11:25 PM

How about "Sew it all",  a take off of 'know it all.' 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
8 Posts
Points 160
Mary replied on Wed, Mar 16 2011 7:15 PM

Thanks Cj I did know I need to check the names out but wasn't sure where to look to see if the name was aready taken.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
906 Posts
Points 15,060

I have a marketing degree and the one thing that most people mess up on is the name of the business. One name suggestion for you all would be " SEW Sister SEW

It would have a catchy name. Also, see what other business in your area provide the same services you want, see if there is a need first, Check out the local Chamber of Commerce, they might be of help ( I do say this hesitantly- anyone that is a member always wants special favors and free service- don't fall for that)  

Think about what would make you want to come to your store?   Why should anyone for that matter want to come there? ( this is not being mean, this is to help you think).  Could you advertise your business with JoAnn's ? Would you want to offer sewing lessons to kids or grown ups - as one way to bring them in?  How do you plan to advertise the fabric? Will it be from books or ready to sew off the bolt?     What prices will you offer? Will you do this out of your home? 

Just a few things to think about..  I think your going to do well.

• | Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.