Art Quilt group? - NOW FORMING!

Page 2 of 4 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 47 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590

Hi Lisa, Welcome!

I'm game for the whole idea! I sorta suspect I drive everyone else around here nuts with my quilts that aren't quilts. It'd be nice to have a home...

Gini, I love your little minis. That pickle is a hoot!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Fri, Mar 4 2011 4:06 PM

Hil Lisa,

Welcome to the club, you'll find lots of inspiration here from a warm and friendly group. I would love to join your art group. I've never made one but want to!

Gini your little quilts are cute!

Toledo, OH

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195

Lisa I have seen some beautiful art quilts, but like other have not had the skill or nerve to try one myself.  I think it woudl be a great group. I have so much going on right now that I don't know if I could really start a new learning exp. right now.   But the great thing about groups, is the info is there forever and you can go in at any time and "do the group"  Go for it

Granny M

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,165

Dear Lisa,

I have to confess that I am an art quilter at heart! I love traditional quilts, but I love the creativity that I can put into small art quilts. If we get enough interest in an art quilt group on QCA I am more than willing to support one! I'll put a mention in the next newsletter and we'll see what kind of interest we get. Stay tuned!

QCA Liz S.

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 210
margoee replied on Sat, Mar 5 2011 7:08 PM

Count me in.....love art quilts....they are my real passion!!

Margo

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 1,670
Lisa FA replied on Sun, Mar 6 2011 2:25 PM

Great, thanks Liz!  And to everyone who has supported my idea :)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Mon, Mar 7 2011 7:07 AM

chocake2:

I'm game for the whole idea! I sorta suspect I drive everyone else around here nuts with my quilts that aren't quilts. It'd be nice to have a home...

Chocake, I love your quilts.  They are beautiful, reflect life, ingenious embellishments.  I keep going back to your quilts to get a second, third, let's just say another look.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Mar 7 2011 8:40 AM

I love Chocake's quilts too.  I just wish I had a little of that kind of talent.  They are all so unique.  I wouldn't even be able to think up the designs she does.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Mar 7 2011 12:37 PM

I would love to join,  I haven't made any but any time in the sewing room is good time.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,739
gini replied on Mon, Mar 7 2011 1:10 PM

chocake2:
I sorta suspect I drive everyone else around here nuts with my quilts that aren't quilts.

CC, you might could drive us nuts, if we weren't there already.  

gini

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,165

I am all for starting an art quilt group on QCA. I am even happy to moderate...my only challenge at the moment is time. I am moving from Ohio to Virginia next month. So I probably can't be a full-time moderator of this group until I settle into a new home. Would any of you have any interest in posting some discussions, tips or suggestiong a simple group project to get things going? If so, I will get a group set up in the next week and invite you all to come.

Let me know what you think!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Mar 23 2011 10:47 PM

Liz

It is nice to know that you will soon be somewhat close.  You will have to let me know when you get settled.  I wish I could help with setting up this group but  with the other groups that I am involved with as well as all my projects I don't think I have time to even give it a small start.  I think it is a great group idea though.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,165

Nana

I am so excited to be moving into your neck of the woods. I will definitely track you down! As for the art quilt group...don't even think you have to apologize for not stepping into this project! I know how much you give to QCA already!  I just might give it a try myself, even if it's a slow start it is something I'd love to pursue. Somehow I'll make it happen!

QCA Liz S.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Mar 24 2011 11:50 PM

QCA Liz

I think you would do a great job.  Art quilts are so interesting.  One day I am going to actually do one....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 1,670
Lisa FA replied on Fri, Mar 25 2011 9:47 AM

You won't be too far from me either Liz, I live in the Durham North Carolina area.  I am pretty new to quilting, but since I suggested the group to begin with I am more than happy to help moderate it or do anything else I can to help.  

• | Post Points: 35
Page 2 of 4 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use