Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 900
johanne Posted: Wed, Mar 2 2011 10:59 AM

Hi, I was into QCA's site, someone was wanting to find a paper piecing book..... I have two books that I found helpful .. They are as follows.. 101 Foundation-Pieced Quilt Blocks by Linda Causee, published by American School of Needlework...... Paper Piecing Picnic , from the editors and Contributors of Quilter's News Letter Magazine and Quilter Maker Magazine

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Wed, Mar 2 2011 11:09 AM

Johanne

Thanks for the info.  I will have to check out these books.  I occasionally do some paper piecing but it defiitely isn't one of my favorites.  I also like Carol Doak's info.  She is very good.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145

Paper piecing is on my to do list of things to learn.  In fact going to take class at local quilt show this month

Granny M

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

I enjoy paper piecing now that I have the hang of it.  I've done a couple of kids quilts and a small wallhanging.  I have Jodie Davis' Backyard Birds paper piecing book and am looking forward to making a quilt from her patterns. 

One of the things I like about p.p. is being able to use up all those little scraps of fabric that I just can't bear to throw away.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145

Sandy H.:

One of the things I like about p.p. is being able to use up all those little scraps of fabric that I just can't bear to throw away.

That sounds good to me, I never throw anything away, I am sure that I will find a use, if nothing else to stuff a dog toy. 

Granny M

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,165

I love the paper piecing books by Carol Doak. Her instructions are excellent. She has some great paper pieced block patterns too.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

I recently finished two blocks done with paper piecing, my first attempts, and am now so enthusiastic about the technique.  I have avoided it because I just couldn't quite "get" it, but I had so much fun making these blocks that I know there will be bigger and better paper pieced projects in my  future, and maybe a Carol Doak book or too as well.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Wed, Mar 16 2011 9:26 PM

Granny M and Joyce, good for you!  Learning to paper piece is my goal for 2011, but I haven't found a class yet.  Maybe I'll order a Carol Doak's book and see if I can teach myself.  Sounds like a good project for this summer.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Wed, Mar 16 2011 10:16 PM

Nancy

I taught myself to paper piece.  It really isn't that difficult.  Mainly it is just messy.  I always end up with little pieces of paper everywhere....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Fri, Mar 18 2011 10:19 AM

I watched a friend do a block with paper piecing at a retreat and she made it look so easy.  She did a mariners block in batick and it was so beautiful it inspired me to buy fabric.  Not to actually DO one, just buy the fabric.  Against that day when she and I have time on the same day, at the same time. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Fri, Mar 18 2011 4:24 PM

Vivian :
...and it was so beautiful it inspired me to buy fabric.  Not to actually DO one, just buy the fabric.

Way to go, Viv!  I can relate!  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Mar 18 2011 6:35 PM

My Favorite PP books are by the "Quilt Mavens" -  Deb Karasik & Janet Mednick.  They have an excellent turtrial in "Perfect Paper Pieicing". I highly recommend it. The patterns look really complex but they actually are not that hard.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use