rated by 0 users
This post has 45 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Feb 27 2011 8:36 PM

Granny

I remember going thru the same thing with mine too.  Definitely not much fun for mom or anyone else.  Hope things progress quickly for her.  That little one must be a might stubborn already   LOL  

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 210
margoee replied on Mon, Feb 28 2011 1:10 PM

Waiting is the worse part....how are things progressing today????  I hope I am still alive by the time my daughter is ready for kids!!  She is only 14 (NO KIDS NOW, THANK YOU) and I am 52....so, we'll see!!

Margo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Mon, Feb 28 2011 6:38 PM

Still no baby.  Tori is worn out and the big storm this morning did not help matters.   Maybe if I run her up and down the hills, or find a trampoline for her to jump on.  Babies just come when they are ready and not a minute before.   I'll keep all posted

Granny M

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Feb 28 2011 7:09 PM

when my youngest daughter had her second, she was a week overdue (and she thought she would go early like she did with her first, so by then she felt she was two weeks over)  She snarled at her husband who wanted to go back to work and she wouldn't let him.  she had her father take her for a plane ride (hoping for turbulence) her husband took her 4 wheeling.  she didn't realize that neither of them took her on any kind of a real ride.  Just nice and gentle.  Everyone was so glad when she had Daman. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,955
Linny t replied on Mon, Feb 28 2011 7:26 PM

Granny M, I was overdue with my first child.  Now this is back in the days when you didn't get to know what the sex was, so I'm dating myself.  My Mom had told me to take castor oil from the time I went 3 days over.  I didn't listen to her and did everything but.  I went for walks, jogs, rides down washboard roads, even did jumping jacks (it was quite a sight), everything I could think of.  I was supposed to give birth on Mother's Day.  That came and went and made me quite depressed.  At 2 weeks past my due date I would actually have  tears when people would say, "what, no baby yet?"  I was Miserable!.  It was May in Florida...that's like 85  90 degrees with humidity and we lived where there wasn't any AC.   I finally got desperate and took a whole 8 oz bottle and drank it straight down, yuck!  I had Krista the next morning and I didn't need an enema, lol!  And, my labor only took 6 hours start to finish.  Now it could have been a coincidence, but you'll never convince me of that:)

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Feb 28 2011 8:04 PM

they tried to give me castor oil with my first one when I was in the hospital and as fast as it went down it came up quicker.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195

Still no baby, her due date is not until the 15th anyway.  But, she is laying around in bed. Both my daughter and I have told her to get up and get moving or she will never have that baby.  Since she has pain when up she doesn't want to do that.  Lord we are going to have our hands full when the real thing kicks in.  I have a feeling Torie has a very low pain threshhold.  False labor is not fun, but real labor can't get way out of hand.  When I was a very young nurse they used to give castor oil as soon as you got to the hospital.  Not so today.  Even her doctor told her to move around more.

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Granny M - the same thing happened to me with my son Todd.  I made three trips to the hospital and each time the labor stopped after a few hours.  I had a husband and wife OB team.  The first two times i got Dr. Bob when I got to the hosptial.  When the labor stopped, he just said, "Well these things take time."  The third time I got Dr. Barb.  She said, " Well if Bob was here, he would just pat you on the head and send you home but I am going to fix this."  She went out and can back all gowned and carrying a tray.  She made a little snip in the sac and Todd was boen two hours later!  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195

Marge I am glad that went well for you,  GDIL is not late though. She at least was out of bed today and that's a good sign.  I think the little angel just wants to make a dramatic entrance and have all of us on pins and needles til she gets here.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195

Well, here we are at the start of another week and still no baby.   Looks to me like she will at least go to her due date.  She has another appt with MD tomorrow.

Granny M

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,955
Linny t replied on Mon, Mar 7 2011 3:43 PM

Granny M, you know what they say, "a watched pot never boils."  If you were to take a day trip, I bet she'd go into labor when you were your farthest away from her, lol.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195

Linny t:

Granny M, you know what they say, "a watched pot never boils."  If you were to take a day trip, I bet she'd go into labor when you were your farthest away from her, lol.

You are probably right, so it will be March 18th or 19th  when I am at the quilt show and classes and 20 miles from her house.  LOL

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Thu, Mar 10 2011 7:25 PM

FINALLY

Cassandra Marie was born yesterday March 9 at 8:23 am.   She is 7 lb 10 oz.  20 inch long.   Mom and baby are doing fine.  I spent yesterday at the hospital and will have a picture to post soon as I get time.   My mother went back in the hospital and is very sick, I have spent today on the phone with my sister and hospital trying to make sense of her diagnosis and treatment. 

Catch everyone later

Granny M

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,754
gini replied on Thu, Mar 10 2011 8:02 PM

congrats granny, give cassandra a cuddle for me.     i'm sorry to hear your mom is doing worse.     igini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Thu, Mar 10 2011 8:28 PM

Granny M. congratulations on your new grand baby!  Pretty name Cassandra.  Can't wait to see pics.

Prayers are with you and your mom.  God Bless you all.

Millbury, MA

Page 2 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use