Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 230
Patty Ann Posted: Tue, Feb 22 2011 2:33 PM

The Waterloo Needlework Club that I belong to is celebrating it's 100th anniversary this year. We do more quilting than anything and most of us consider ourselves "learner". I tell any new members that we are all learning everyday. That's  why it's nice having a group to learn from. Everybody, no matter how much experience we have can share something new.    We are working on our celebration for May of this year. Does anyone have any suggestions or knowledge of traditional things for a centenial anniversary like this.  We are burying a Time Capsule at our local museum Waterloo Farm Museum, in Waterloo Michigan as we feel  a connection with them & they with us.  We won an essay contest from The Quilter magazine a year ago which was for a sewing room make over with a Longarm quilting machine as one of the big prizes.Believe me, for a little non-profit group, it was wonderful.     Now that I have finished blowing my horn, does anyone have any suggestion?  Just wanted to give a little background to help.                          Thanks in advance. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.            Patty

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 230
Patty Ann replied on Tue, Feb 22 2011 4:02 PM

Thanks Richard---What a great idea! I already sent it to the chair person for the "capsule".

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Tue, Feb 22 2011 6:39 PM

hi patty ann, welcome, how exciting for your club, celebrating 100 years     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Tue, Feb 22 2011 9:49 PM

Hi Patty,

Welcome to the club. What about a 100 block quilt? The blocks would be small and you could have all the members sign their name on a block.

Toledo, OH

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use