Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 175
Susan Posted: Mon, Feb 14 2011 10:42 PM

I have just joined and hope to make many quilting friends from around the world.

Take care and happy stitching.

• | Post Points: 155
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Mon, Feb 14 2011 10:58 PM

Susan!

Welcome! You will love it here and find tons of quilting friends. There are lots of groups to join if you want and if you have questions -just ask and someone usually knows the answer.  I have learned more on this website from so many people about quilting.  They are willing to assist you in anything they can. Plus you get to look at everyone's completed quilts and wallies. Free quilt shows everyday!!

How long have you been quilting? What is your favorite type of quilt to make?  We have a free motion quilting group going on now- it's really fun and anyone can join!  I hope you will join us.

I know you will absolutely love QCA as I do.  I am only sorry I did not sign up for it sooner.

Happy Quilting!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Mon, Feb 14 2011 11:00 PM

Hi Susan,

You will love it here, everyone is your friend here.

Toledo, OH

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 14 2011 11:17 PM

Susan

Welcome.  Hope you will chat with us frequently and tell us more about yourself and where you live.  Also about your quilting of course.   I love hearing from people outside of the USA and learning about their homes.  I have never traveled outside of my country so it is really neat having a virtual tour of other countries.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 17
Points 355
calano1 replied on Mon, Feb 14 2011 11:57 PM

Hi Susan!

I live north of Pretoria...joined  2(?) months ago.  ?Someone? said there is another South African here, but haven't met her yet ...

You will not be sorry for joining ... there is an astonishing amount of information on this site.

Chatting is a bit awkward with the time zone difference, but one adapts quickly.

And the people are the best!!

Liefdegroete,

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 357
Points 2,480
Heather replied on Tue, Feb 15 2011 1:12 AM
Hi Susan - I reside in Nashville, Tennessee (USA) and am so happy to meet you! As previously said, you will really enjoy this site and meeting a bunch of great friends. Everyone is extremely knowledgeable and willing to assist if needed...so, please, join in and join some groups...you won't regret it. :). Oh and btw, as Nana said, South Africa sounds lovely so feel free to share your stories...we all are definitely listening! :). Take care.
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 15 2011 3:35 AM

Hi Susan, welcome to the club, I'm from Missouri,which is in the middle of the US, WE love chatting with people outside of the US, I to have never been overseas and having you all with us is great.. You will love this site, so much knowledge and skill and everyone is so helpful.. We do have some great groups and hope you will join us is some...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Feb 15 2011 5:09 AM

Hi Susan,welcome to the club. So nice to have you with us.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,831
Points 366,107
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 15 2011 5:59 AM

Welcome Susan.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,137
Points 14,725
Dawn replied on Tue, Feb 15 2011 7:57 AM

Hello and welcome Susan!  You will totally love this site!  I am from Shellsburg Iowa, in the middle of the USA.  So happy to meet you!  Enjoy the site!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,358
Marie replied on Tue, Feb 15 2011 9:42 AM

Susan, welcome to our growing family.  How did you find us?  You are going to be one happy quilter that you chose this particular club to join!  Best people in the world!!!!!!!!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,925
Linny t replied on Tue, Feb 15 2011 11:29 AM

Susan :

I have just joined and hope to make many quilting friends from around the world.

Take care and happy stitching.

Hi, Susan.  Welcome to QCA.  What kind of quilts have you made?  What techniques are you interested in?  We'd love to hear more about you.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Welcome from the Atlanta Georgia area.  I live about 30 miles south of Atlanta.  Glad to see folks from around the world joining in on all the fun here.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Tue, Feb 15 2011 12:37 PM

Hi Susan,  With our time differneces I may forget which day you are on.   I am in Kentucky (USA) and I just love the fact we have people from all over the world.  What a wonderful way to meet people we could not otherwise meet and to share what is going on in the global quilting world. So glad you joined us.  Just jump in with the rest of us. 

Granny M

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 175
Susan replied on Tue, Feb 15 2011 1:50 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

I love needleturn applique the most and then also love paper piecing.

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use