New from Alberta Canada

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Hi Rose!  Wow - you really are up North!  I'm in Calgary and have never been to Slave Lake.  I've been as far North as Cold Lake though - and it was spectacular up there.  I wish you well in your new home and look forward to "talking" to you more via QCA.

Kim in Canada

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Sun, Feb 20 2011 3:25 PM

Hi Kim and Rose.  While I live in Ontario I think my son will be posted to Edmonton this summer and if so we hope to get out your way.  I bought the Janome 7700 and love it.  I have been using the Janome 9700 for regular sewing and embroidery but found that I wanted a longer throat for the quilting.  There is a forum here as well for Janome 7700 users and from the sounds of it we are all very happy with our machines.  Also there is a Canadian thread if anyone is interested.  We are trying to see if people want it kept going or not so drop by and let us know.  Not much has been done over there but apparently it was started up at the beginning so we are keeping it going until we see if it is useful or not.

Paris, Ontario

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

togorose:
We moved from my home town (Slave Lake)  to an hour further north in Alberta.

Good heavens --- you are way up there.  I found Slave Lake on the map.  If you are an hour farther north, you must almost be up to  Northwest Territory.  How far will you have to go to find a quilt shop or will you have to depend on internet purchases? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 545

Welcome

Rachel " FOR THE LOVE OF ANYTHING QUILTING"

www.quiltloverscafe.blogspot.com

www.quiltloverscafe.com

www.sistersquiltingexpo.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,700
Sandra replied on Mon, Feb 21 2011 12:48 AM

HI!,  I used to work at My Sewing Room in Calgary - they have a website & do online ordering as well - sign up for the e-news and get updates about new fabrics...they have a lot of customers in Northern AB & NWT as well.  Welcome to the site! If you ever get down to Calgary - Let me know & I can take you on a shop hop- if you provide the wheels!!! 

Sandra

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Mon, Feb 21 2011 6:46 AM

Hi Rose and welcome.I live in Ontario but have been to Slave Lake as my son was an R.C.M.Pin  Driftpile and we had to stay in slave lake to visit him.I thought it was beautiful country up there.We went in the summer when the days are like having 2full days of sunshine in one day.couldn't get over it being light out until midnight.Loved the Northern Lights too.Come winter though you will ahve lots of time for quilting long cold days.Good luck on getting your landscaping done a very hard task but very rewarding.

Darlene (2many horses)

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use