Crazy Quilt Group

Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 41 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Sharon - aren't you sweet!  Thanks ever so much for your kind words and for taking the time to take a look at my website.  Much appreciated.  Really looking forward to "talking" to you further in this Crazy Quilt group.

Kim in Canada

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,575
Linny t replied on Wed, Feb 9 2011 10:59 AM

Kim, You have such a nice website.  I love your Flower Garden.  the whole website was very fresh and fun looking.

Linny T

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Kim~

Your website is very nice. How do you figure out your pricing? I started out with very low prices but the ones I still have I'm going to retake better pictures , do more quilting if it's needed and increase prices. I would appreciate any advice you can give.

North of Boston MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Linny!  Thanks ever so much for taking the time to take a peek at my website!  Much, much appreciated.

Kim in Canada

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Hi Diane.  Fabulous to hear from you!  Insofar as pricing on my website is concerned - I would have to say it took me forever to figure them out!  I endeavoured to figure out how many hours went into each project and tried to figure out an hourly rate.  I took the hourly rate x hours to make each project and figured out my labour costs.  Then, of course, you have to factor in your fabrics and notions, etc.  Once I did all that, I arrived at what I consider to be a very fair price.  We have to value our work!

Does that help at all?

Kim in Canada

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,117
Points 67,345
Robin replied on Thu, Feb 10 2011 8:00 PM

Linny,

I am so excited to find your post.  I been wanting to make a crazy quilt for sometime it will be fun to have some people to go crazy with.  I'm looking forward to your insights.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,575
Linny t replied on Thu, Feb 10 2011 9:49 PM

Robin:

Linny,

I am so excited to find your post.  I been wanting to make a crazy quilt for sometime it will be fun to have some people to go crazy with.  I'm looking forward to your insights.

Robin

Welcome, Robin! I'm glad you found us, too. I love the idea of going crazy with my fellow quilters.  It'll be great fun.  What kind of CQ do you have in mind?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Hi Kim~

Thanks! It shows that I don't ask enough for them. I am going to increase my prices. People who love and appreciate hand made items will pay for it. This will be another thing to do on my to do list that keeps getting bigger and bigger.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,575
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 12 2011 7:33 PM

I have made a sample of the Column Quilt test and there's a post on it in the Crazy Quilt group, for anyone who's interested.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,575
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 19 2011 9:26 AM

I just posed my first book review in the CQ group in the blogs.  It's on J. Marsha Michler's book, Crazy Quilting, the Complete Guide.  I was thinking of trying each of her 10 methods and telling about it.  Would anyone be interested in that?

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sat, Feb 19 2011 6:43 PM

Linny

I would definitely be interested in reviews of her techniques.  It is always so nice to have someone else give their opinions.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,117
Points 67,345
Robin replied on Sat, Feb 19 2011 7:13 PM

Well to be totally honest I'm not sure.  My daughter did some squares several years ago in her Fashion class using a paper bag as a base.  I bought some fabrics for a lap quilt to match my living room but never got her to show me how to make it work.

Robin

Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use