Top 10 Posters

Countdown to MQ 4 Begins

Page 61 of 100 (1489 items) « First ... < Previous 59 60 61 62 63 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,488 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,491
Points 46,790

MNnancy:
I'm wishing now that I had used my multicolored floral border fabric within the quilt itself

You can always do another one, LOL. I have 2 blocks as well and have a couple of rows up on my design wall. After I got it up there I lokked at Squeaky and said, "I think I'm pretty smart, don't you?" She said "no". ROFLOL, you just can't count on your kitty. Now that I see the blocks I am not reall happy with my fabric choices. I shopped my stash, but it difficult to decide when you have no idea what you are doing with the fabric.  Worse case, it becomes a gift or charity quilt.

I took yesterday and today for vacation days. Unfortunately I have 2 weeks workth of stuff I wanted to do. My sprained foot has slowed me down, but I am able to sew again so will work on the today, then see what other trouble I can get into. Enjoy your day ladies.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 7:09 AM

Pat, I hope your ankle will stop giving you grief soon.  It is not fun to have to pay attention on how you move your foot, or how far you walk, I guess you just want to get there and have fun doing it! 

I also quite often wait till the top is complete before I choose my borders.  I have changed my mind a few times when I bought fabric which I thought would be perfect, but when the top was done, it would either make the design disappear or just make the quilt ordinary.  So that piece ends up being the beginning of a new quilt :) and it's off to shop for a new one.

Can't wait to sew tomorrow and see what's what.  I love the mystery... hate the wait when I'm done the steps...LOL

Happy Friday all,

Angele

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

gini:

SIGH, there are no secrets in my life, i'm married to a talker.  he blabs anything and everything he knows to anyone who hesitates, stumbles or goes "huh?". and if he doesn't know it,  he makes it up.   the man loves to start rumors to see how long it takes to get back to him.    he's headed off fishing next week with a buddy, who i offered to pay, if he would take sam off my hands for a day or two.  my ears need a rest.

gini

gini, perhaps we could put your DH and my DH into a room and they could talk until they both lost their voices lol!   mine blabs too, and he (at this very moment) is talking one of his friends wife's ear off about a heart catherization. blah, blah blah

xoxoxo,

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 208
Points 3,505
Pearl replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 9:50 AM

I have my steps 13 & 14 finished.  I didn't have to work today.  Woke up to 3 - 4 inches of that white stuff. yes s_ _ _ and more coming down.  Think maybe an inch and hour.  Ughhhh.  Anyway I think I know how the blocks are going together and I absoultly love it.  I worried all the time about my color choices and my placement of them and kept thinking I wished I would have placed them a little differently, but no they are working out beautifully.  This reminds me so much of one I am already working on and after we get the next steps done I will post it so you can see it.  This got my wheels turning and I have another idea that I would like to try sometime, but am not a designer.  Maybe I can have Nana or someone help me with that.  Anyway happy Friday and happy sewing.  This is so much fun and is turning out so cool.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,491
Points 46,790

MNnancy:
Well, apparently I can't count. 

I guess I can't count either. I have a lot more pieces than I need. I have enough of some to make a king size, roflol. I think my problem was shopping my stash. I had way more fabric than required and just kept cutting strips. If you have the right amount of fabric then you know when to stop (when you run out). I guess I will end up piecing the back with some of the extra pieces. It's still fun, even if we are going a little nuts. LOL!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 3:09 PM

Step 13 & 14

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,348
Points 174,613
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 4:10 PM

Wendy, this quilt will be stunning, love your colors!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 4:28 PM

Pat Lancaster:
Now that I see the blocks I am not reall happy with my fabric choices. I shopped my stash, but it difficult to decide when you have no idea what you are doing with the fabric.  Worse case, it becomes a gift or charity quilt.

Yeah, this is my experience exactly.  Pearl says hers came together beautifully, and Wendy posted a pic already, and hers look great because she picked fabrics with more interest.  Next MQ I'll know to get something exciting for the interior piecing, and wait to get the border until later as others have suggested.  Live and learn!  Still having a blast!  Anything's better than being outside today as winter returns.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 71
Points 1,690
Ginny H replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 5:52 PM

Wendy, I love your blocks.  Your contrast is stunning.

• Filed under:
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 71
Points 1,690
Ginny H replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 5:53 PM

These are my finished blocks.  Didn't get my commentary on my own added to my message.  I'll get the process when it's time to be done.  This sure has been fun.

• Filed under:
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 6:34 PM

I just printed out the directions and hope to get to it tonight.  It is getting exciting!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,348
Points 174,613
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 7:39 PM

Ginny your colors are great!  Can't wait to see the top finished.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 105
Points 2,710

This is spectacular.  I'm not sure who made it Ginny or Wendy, but its going to be great when it is done!

Nancy P

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 105
Points 2,710

I still have not got the hang of this, which to use, quick reply or regular reply!  I was talking about the purple and blue MQ block.

Nancy P

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Finished Step 13 and 14, but the Wookalars visited my sewing room and got away with one of my step 14 block... I swear I had 36, but have counted them 3 times and there are only 35, what to do? What to do? I cannot take the stress! OMG lol!

Here is my Step 13 and 14 still have to trim the doggie ears... methinks, there will be lots of fudg in with this one!

Good night all and if you find an extra Step #14 lying around it probably belongs to me!

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 65
Page 61 of 100 (1489 items) « First ... < Previous 59 60 61 62 63 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use