Top 10 Posters

Countdown to MQ 4 Begins

Page 40 of 100 (1489 items) « First ... < Previous 38 39 40 41 42 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,488 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 26 2011 8:03 AM

gini:
 they were down at the lake throwing rocks before i was halfway there,

Gini, when I come visit I hope you don't expect me to do any of this sort of thing.  No no, uh uh, no way, can't do it!  You are a gluten for punishment!  LOL

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 26 2011 8:08 AM

OK now don't start into me, I meant glutton!  LOL

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 39
Points 400
Cindy replied on Sat, Mar 26 2011 8:23 AM

Thanks for the giggle this AM, I needed it since  its been a busy morning.....our new puppy KieraMae has been up since 5am, pooped twice and peed at least 6 times and it is only 8am.   Think it might finally be nap time...I've printed the next 3 steps and finally off to sew for awhile before the next playtime!!!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Sat, Mar 26 2011 8:28 AM

My daughter and her significant other came for the weekend, well so we could babysit for the weekend while they do army shindigs.  Nope no grandkids, a grand puppy.  He is a handful and my 2 are not quite up to a yung un lol so lots of hind leg nipping and bone stealing, cat chasing, cat food eating and getting into things that my dogs have outgrown but we are managing, at least he has only peed once in the house this time.  I did manage to get my strip sets cut but not sure if I will get them sewn today, trying to do laundry and clean as well.

Paris, Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,299
Points 414,029
gini replied on Sat, Mar 26 2011 9:33 AM

Marie:
when I come visit I hope you don't expect me to do any of this sort of thing.  No no, uh uh, no way,

marie, i will settle you in a big snoozy chair with a comfy quilt, a glass of wine, some bon bons,  and a pair of binoculars and walkie talkies so you can keep track of us.  the kids have to eat every half hour so we aren't gone long at a time.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 26 2011 10:01 AM

Sounds like a good plan to me!  Be right over.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Good Morning All,

Now, I'm really psyched now after seeing some of these pieces going together. I'm liking my colors much better now! When do the next steps come out?

I've decided that if my brother and sister-in-law come this way this summer, I will give them this Mystery Q 4 for their 50th Wedding Anniversary which will be June 2, 2012... I was my s-i-l maid of honor and pleased that they are together and still traveling around the country. They "live" in California but when he called yesterday they were in Ft. Myers, FL...  I so hope that I'll be done and be able to give this to them.

xoxoxo,

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 84
Points 2,115
Leah replied on Sat, Mar 26 2011 11:27 AM

Elaine Phillips:
The Kansas City area shop hop begins next Thursday and I will be working all 4 days at Stitching Traditions Quilt Shop in Topeka. Anyone in the area come join the fun. So if I don't get in gear I won't have any time to quilt next week either. It is supposed to be cold this weekend so maybe I can get something done. Not good weather for outdoor activities.

Where is Stiching Traditions?  I am right down the road in Junction City.  Whats going on?  I might come out to see.

Leah

Leah

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Sat, Mar 26 2011 2:24 PM

Ms MoomMist:
when he called yesterday they were in Ft. Myers, FL

I live in Ft Myers and your bro and sil have great weather for visiting.  Do they travel by motor home?

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Sandy H.:

Ms MoomMist:
when he called yesterday they were in Ft. Myers, FL

I live in Ft Myers and your bro and sil have great weather for visiting.  Do they travel by motor home?

They have a 5th Wheel.. My oldest son lives in Cape Coral so hopefully they will be able to get hooked up. We were down there in October and the weather was beautiful.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,470
Points 24,110

Leah:
Where is Stiching Traditions?

Leah, Stitching Traditions is in Holiday Square at 29th and Topeka Blvd in Topeka. It is easy to find. The shop hop includes Overbrook Quilt Connection, Quilter's Paridise in Baldwin, Stitch on Needlework in Lawrence, Prairie Point in Shawnee, Harper's Fabric and Quilt Co  in Overland Park, Quilter's Haven in Olathe, Quilter's Station in Lees Summit, Rustic Yearnings in Independence Mo, Peddler's Wagon in Parkville, and Quilters Quarters in Leavenworth. It starts on Thursday and ends on Sunday. The hours for each shop in 9 to 9 except Sunday 12 to 5. Grab your quilting pals and head on out. It's great fun.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 26 2011 9:22 PM

Sandy, you live in Fort Myers???  We've been talking about possibly traveling there next spring to see the MN Twins during spring training.  If we decide to go, I'll contact you to find out where the best quilt shops are.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 26 2011 9:46 PM

Pat Lancaster:
This morning I started sewing on the MQ4. I got all of the sewing done and most of the cutting, except for those dog ears. I'm taking my time with those....I think I am getting tired of all these small pieces, LOL. Only about a zillion blocks to go, I guess it's more like 75 or so, just seems like a zillion right now.

Granted, I haven't made all that many quilts to compare with, but this one sure does seem to have a zillion pieces.  I'm in the middle of step six, and working through multiple piles of 72 pieces seems to go on forever.  Is it essential to cut all those dog ears off?  I haven't yet clipped the ones from last week, and now there's so many more again this week.  Would leaving them on interfere with the way things go together?

I sure am curious and excited to see how this is going to look when it's done!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,705
Points 436,480
Nana replied on Sat, Mar 26 2011 9:49 PM

Nancy

I have been known to leave the "ears".  The only thing that I have found is a little added bulk at the seams when you are quilting but it hasn't been a problem for me.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 95

Please advise where this is.....I can't seem to find it.  Thanks, Anne

Page 40 of 100 (1489 items) « First ... < Previous 38 39 40 41 42 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use