Top 10 Posters

Countdown to MQ 4 Begins

Page 36 of 100 (1489 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,488 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 10:49 AM

Carol

Beautiful top.  I love the design.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 11:38 AM

Carol - I love the quilt top!  Where did you get that pattern?  I would also like to know more about the Quilts of Valor you were talking about.  Any direction on where we might be able to find some detail?

Margaret

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 11:40 AM

Terri,

I don't think we're supposed to post pics of each step unless we need help - but it will be fun to see how the full blocks start turning out!

Can I borrow your daughters for the pressing?  Do they do clothing too?

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 11:47 AM

Margaret

We have a group that does quilts of valor.  Go to the groups section and scroll thru the offered groups and you should be able to find it.  If not let me know and I will help you find it.  There is lots of info offered there.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 180
Points 4,565
Terri replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 11:52 AM

Meggov:

Terri,

I don't think we're supposed to post pics of each step unless we need help - but it will be fun to see how the full blocks start turning out!

Can I borrow your daughters for the pressing?  Do they do clothing too?

Sure you can borrow them, they love the pressing chors..... hehehe I rarely have to do any of the pressing for my quilts....It works out great.... Now if I can just get them to square up the hst's the right way and I will be set!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 71
Points 1,690
Ginny H replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 11:54 AM

Marilyn, I looked on your gallery page and saw posted a picture of Aunt Sylvia's Bridal Quilt.  Is this yours?  I am just putting together row 9 of mine and have it ALL laid out getting ready to sew it together.  So close to finishing.  Thoroughly enjoyed the process.  Made all the blocks in the book, enjoying some more than others, and added 4, as I am making it 12x12 to fit my bed.  When  finished will post it on my page.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 12:29 PM

Looking at all the progress being made .. I'm jealous .. lol 

Been running back and forth to the hospital to care for an elderly neighbor and haven't had time to work on construction yet.  Keeping fingers crossed I'll be able to get caught up by the time the next set of instructions comes in on Friday.

Really enjoying seeing everybody's fabric choices.  Will be wonderful to view the finished projects.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 630
Points 12,085
Jan replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 2:53 PM

Elizabeth,

I jumped right on the first day because it was not our day to care for my daughter-in-law's grandmother.  She is 94 and got the flu last month. She is now home on hospice care and they are expecting the end to be any time now.  I may find myself in a similar position of the care giving increasing (actually it is quite likely) and I don't want to get any further behind than I have to.

Jan, Rochester, NY

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 2:55 PM

Thanks Nana.  I will check it out!

Margaret

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 2:58 PM

Meggov:  I found the Quilts of Valor  pattern on the  website:  Modafabrics.com  - then click on free patterns, you find a whole lot of quit patterns.  The Just One Star campaign was on one of the shop hop quilt shops - not sure which one, but  it's being done by Moda fabrics, so should be able to get the specs on their website. 

The other pattern  called "Twist and Shout" was designed by a member for the workshop I'm attending - not sure if I'd be allowed to actually share the pattern, but I will ask.  It's just a nine patch, trimmed with the "X" blocks ruler from quiltqueendesigns.com   Good luck!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,410
Points 29,775
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 4:19 PM

Carol, Meggov, and others interested in the Just One Star project.  I found the easiest way to get the pattern is to go to modafabrics.blogspot.com ( The Cutting Table) - The link to the pattern is in the March 1 blog.  Click on (click here for block pattern) just below the red dates. 

I am making at least 3 blocks to honor our three military grandsons, all brothers.  The oldest is in the Air National Guard in Syracuse, NY, after spending several years at Minot, North Dakota.  He now does body work and other repairs on airplanes.   The second is in the Army and is now at Fort Hood, TX, waiting for re-deployment to Iraq.  He spent one year there as a communications expert and he will be one of the last out this time when they turn the base over to Iraq.  He will help the Iraqies set up their computers and communication equipment and teach them how to use them  The youngest is in the Air Force - repairing and maintaining planes and helicopters - another computer.  He has spent some time in Afghanistan - responsible for the maintenance of refueling planes and rescue helicopters.  He is getting married in Georgia on April 30th and then the the newlyweds will head over to Germany in early May for 3 years - a little safer place this time.  We will be able to see all three boys at the wedding after spending 2 weeks north of Houston, TX at our middle daughter's house.  We will drive home by way of Georgia and then north to chilly Western New York.

It would be nice if nearly everyone in our group could send a block.  That sure would help!

Marsha - Western New York

Not Ranked
Posts 56
Points 820
MTAnn replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 4:45 PM

Thanks so much!  This was just what I needed...my printer wasn't as clear as I would have liked on the cutting directions and the difference between #2 and #3 fabrics.  Now I'm ready to sew!!! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,900
Marilyn B replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 5:08 PM

Hi GInny H, yes the top pic is one half and if you click on it I loaded the other half farther down.  I have the first half sandwiched and the sashing quilted but am having a hard time deciding what to do in the blocks, I know I did it backwards and should have done the blocks first but am hoping it wont bunch too much and I will only do small amounts in the blocks.  I split it in two and am giving half to my dad's sister and the other half to my dad's brother for looking after dad the last couple of years after mom died.  I don't live in town with him and they have been great about getting him out of the house and feeding him  lots.  He is 82 and during the summer he is great, he golfs daily but mom died in November and he was stuck in all winter except when they dragged him for walks and card games and dinners.  He did much better this winter and I want to let them know that we appreciate taking time from their busy lives, my aunt's husband has alzhiemers and my uncle and his wife are much younger and slow their pace when dad is there.

Paris, Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 115
Points 2,420
Cathy D replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 5:14 PM

The Quilt Daddy:

DAY 3 MQ 4

Must have gotten up on the wrong side of bed today. Completed step 3 only to discover that I had sew steps 2 & 3 backwards. So its back to the cutting board for me and hopefully I will get it right this time.

Sorry to hear that Quilt Daddy.  I had a problem last night when I finally decided to quit for the night.  I had sewn my first set of strips together and since my fabric is batik, i did not think there was a right or wrong side, but one side clearly looked to be the right side when I was done - and I did four of them wrong.  :( 

Hang in there!!

Page 36 of 100 (1489 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.