Top 10 Posters

Countdown to MQ 4 Begins

Page 35 of 100 (1489 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,488 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Mon, Mar 21 2011 9:20 AM

Terri - Love all your fabrics!  I am so curious as to what these will look like when they are done.....I did finish the sewing and presing this weekend.  Seemed daunting at first but then not too bad in the end.

Jeanine - you are too productive! and DWTS is one of my favorites, though I am not sure what this group is going to be like?

Margaret

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,064
Points 21,365
Carol W replied on Mon, Mar 21 2011 11:12 AM

Woohoo - I got cought up over the weekend!  I didn't have enough from my stash to do this one, finally had a chance to go fabric shopping on Saturday.  I brought my fabric home got it cut and steps 1 and 2 sewn on Saturday; finished step 3 Sunday afternoon.  Very productive weekend!!

Carol W. in Arkansas

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 71
Points 1,690
Ginny H replied on Mon, Mar 21 2011 12:17 PM

Love your choices of fabrics.  I often have gone to the fall colors also, but not in this particular quilt.  Should be great fun to see how all of this comes together.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,541
Sandy H. replied on Mon, Mar 21 2011 7:42 PM

The Quilt Daddy:
IT WOULD HELP IN THE PDF IF THEY LABELED THE FABRICS WITH CORRESPONDING NUMBERS.

I was concerned that the instructions about fabrics could be a little confusing so I labeled my fabrics in the pictures to match the numbers in the instructions.  Hopefully, this will help.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Mar 21 2011 7:58 PM

Sandy,

I think the labeled photos you added to the directions were very helpful, but anyone who went straight to the PDF may have missed seeing them. Thanks for doing that extra step.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,541
Sandy H. replied on Mon, Mar 21 2011 8:03 PM

Marilyn B:
  Somehow I must have cut the squares for the qst too large and will have to trim all the triangles to match the squares. 

Marilyn, Pearl may be correct.  Be sure you have stitched the correct side of the triangle to the square and that the top of the triangle and square are even across the top.  There will be dog ears that need to be trimmed.  If you're not sure, post a pic of one of your pieced units so I can check it.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Mon, Mar 21 2011 11:57 PM

Someone said the mystery block I did for workshop has movement = how about the whole top?  Got it together this week end, plus the steps done for MQ4.  Also made some blocks for Quilts of Valor. Have you all heard that Moda is collecting single blocks and hoping to put together 100 quilts for soldiers by June 14 Flag Day? It's a very simple easy block, everyone should be able to do "Just One Star", to help with this project.  Anyway, here is the photo of the little top for the workshop.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 4:55 AM

Carol the quilt does have movement and it is lovely

here is my steps 2 and 3.  I am pretty sure I just cut larger than I was supposed to.

Paris, Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 5:23 AM

MNNancy, I know what you mean about the long strips.  Usually I cut the length of those in half when sewing but not knowing how long of pieces we will need I did the strips in the full length.  I think when cutting the triangles I cut the squares a tad bigger figuring hst I could cut down to the proper size.  It is all good, I am loving my combos.

Paris, Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,514
Points 48,330
Angele replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 6:51 AM

Carol, your quilt is beautiful. I love the movement of the pinwheels and how your border continues this flowing movement with the white.  Great job.  All 3 steps are done and ironed.  Can't wait till Friday to get new steps,  I find that the fabric key is a good way to figure which one I need to work with.  Your key is easy to figure out,  It took me a  moment to figure out which fabric went together for the first two sets of strips but it might have been because it was 6 am.

Well have a great day everyone.  Time to get ready to go to work.

Angele

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,780
Points 180,698
Marie replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 8:31 AM

Carol:
It's a very simple easy block, everyone should be able to do "Just One Star", to help with this project. 

Carol beautiful quilt, good job!  I was supposed to make a "Quilt of Valor" but never got around to it but a few blocks should be easy for me to make, thanks for the suggestion.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,639
Points 418,679
gini replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 10:10 AM

carol, beautiful quilt  great borders, too   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,780
Points 180,698
Marie replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 10:19 AM

Carol:
Have you all heard that Moda is collecting single blocks and hoping to put together 100 quilts for soldiers by June

Carol, I went to Moda and can't find any info about this.  Has anyone else tried?  Please share any info you have about it.  Thank you.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 180
Points 4,565
Terri replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 10:48 AM

Meggov:

Terri - Love all your fabrics!  I am so curious as to what these will look like when they are done.....I did finish the sewing and presing this weekend.  Seemed daunting at first but then not too bad in the end.

I hope they turn out ok .... are we suposed to post pictures of each step as we complete them?....lol I did all my sewing and pressing this past weekend too but I cheated with the pressing, I have taught 2 of my daughters how to do my pressing so all I had to do was sew the pieces together.

Page 35 of 100 (1489 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use