Countdown to MQ 4 Begins

Page 29 of 100 (1489 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,488 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,419
Points 29,925
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Mar 18 2011 10:51 AM

I guess I am finally ready to start.  Finally shopped my stash last night and picked three groups of fabrics and have narrowed it down to one.  Have downloaded steps 1, 2, and 3.  Have figured out which fabrics to use (by strip width) for step one and will probably cut-as-I-go for the first step and then cut the rest out before going on to steps 2 and 3.  Haven't sent pictures of the fabrics yet, but may after I get organized.  I have to sneak time from doing TAXES and being my husband's secretary-companion in the truck while he hauls livestock here and there almost every day.  He hates writing receipts and hates to look up the addresses.  I have about 50 memorized, so don't have to search the list!

Happy sewing everyone - I'll hopefully be there with you - I have the day off, except for TAXES!!!  I read everyone's posts but won't respond very often.  Why take time from SEWING?   I can read fast, but fumble around with posting, etc. That is new to me -

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,541
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Mar 18 2011 11:04 AM

Where are all of our over achievers?  It's noon and no one has posted that they are finished with the first 3 steps!

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,600
Points 48,465

Sandy, I am completely done with MQ4, just finished putting the binding on. ROFLOL, ok so I am still at work and haven't touched it. In my thoughts I have zipped through it.  I was suprised that no one had posted any pics yet, maybe we'll all slowing down.  Only 3.5 hours till I get off and can head home to my machine, but who is counting.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 681
Points 13,000
Jan replied on Fri, Mar 18 2011 11:47 AM

Alright, I admit it, I am done with steps 1 and 2 and working on step 3.  I might need a nap before the pics get pisted later this afternoon.

Jan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 186
Points 2,765

Sandy, I have been trying all morning to find next instructions, can't find them.

Also it wouldn't let me make a comment. It said access denied. Help!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Mar 18 2011 12:11 PM

Pat Lancaster:
Sandy, I am completely done with MQ4, just finished putting the binding on.

Too funny, Pat!  I know you're stuck at work, otherwise I might have believed it. 

I agree with those who are complaining that it's hard to find the steps.  There's one location for the steps, a different location to post questions, and a third location for the general discussion.  Could someone at least put a LINK from the MQ4 Group homepage to the MQ Workshop page so that when we go to the wrong one first, that at least there's a link to the right location???  That workshop page is hard to find.  Here's the link for those still looking...  MQ Workshop

Okay, back to sewing for half an hour, and then I have a hair app't.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 70
Tracy replied on Fri, Mar 18 2011 12:53 PM

I am so glad someone else is as confused about finding things on the web as I am.  Not that I'm glad you're confused, but that I am not alone.  Sandy, please help the people who are not computer savvy.  After a lot of looking I finally stumbled upon the instructions - but I have no idea how to do it again.  The first time I posted to a blog was last week or the week before.  Can't remember = time is flying by so fast.  I haven't even picked out my fabric yet and today the instructions are out for steps 1,2 & 3.

Tracy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,805
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 18 2011 1:41 PM

Tracy

If you go to your home page and scroll down a little ways you will see Mystery Quilt Workshop on the left hand side of the page.  This will take you to the instructions.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Fri, Mar 18 2011 3:56 PM

All,

Got the first 3 steps done.  They went really fast.  Can't wait to see what this quilt looks like.

Cindy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Mar 18 2011 4:01 PM

Nana:
If you go to your home page and scroll down a little ways you will see Mystery Quilt Workshop on the left hand side of the page.  This will take you to the instructions.

And that's exactly the note that needs to be added to the MQ4 Group home page.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Mar 18 2011 4:04 PM

Cindy:
Got the first 3 steps done.  They went really fast.

Yea, Cindy!  You're the over-achiever Sandy was looking for!  Thanks - takes the pressure off the rest of us.  LOL

Not Ranked
Posts 56
Points 820
MTAnn replied on Fri, Mar 18 2011 5:08 PM

Well I'm accomplishing a bit - got my fabric - FINALLY - this morning and have printed off today's insturctions.  Can't wait to get started - but first dinner!  Darn domestic chores...

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 142
Points 2,710

Finally picked up my fabrics yesterday and ready to start cutting tonight. Hopefully I will get to sewing tomorrow. It is looking like a Ramen Noodle night for mine. I don't have time to cook. I gotta sew.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,139
Points 28,750
Wendy replied on Fri, Mar 18 2011 5:34 PM

Sandy H.:

Where are all of our over achievers?  It's noon and no one has posted that they are finished with the first 3 steps!

This over achiever just got off work. The night is young give me untill midnight and I'll Have it done.  Have to go to a school play though.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,600
Points 48,465

When I got home I first had to put together the two blocks for the boys at the Ronald McDonald house, then had to finish the binding on MQ2 and then I sewed the first step strip set for MQ4. I am tired and have quit for the night.  I will finish the other strip sets tomorrow. All of you over achievers go right ahead and have fun. I'll get there sooner or later. LOL! For now a hot bath sounds good.

Page 29 of 100 (1489 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.