Top 10 Posters

Countdown to MQ 4 Begins

Page 26 of 100 (1489 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,488 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,476
Points 24,140

Maia, that is a good idea. I guess it's back to the LQS. Because I really like that paisley. I would hate to not be able to use it. But it would work great in the border. Thanks for everyones input.

I did post in groups. I'll see what Sandy has to say.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Tue, Mar 15 2011 7:02 AM

Elaine,

I always love blue and red combinations.  Thought the contrast isn't dramatic, it should still make a beautiful quilt!  Does the paisleu come with a light background?

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,864
Points 181,703
Marie replied on Tue, Mar 15 2011 8:55 AM

Nancy I love your floral!  If you keep the green and red as your mediums it seems to pop for me but if you keep the brown and red they blend nicely  so blend or pop is the question I'm asking myself on my own choices also.  Can't wait to see what you decide.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,864
Points 181,703
Marie replied on Tue, Mar 15 2011 8:59 AM

Elaine your medium dark would make a nice border like Maia said, it looks too close to your dark to me.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Mar 15 2011 9:22 AM

Maia:
You could find something lighter than your current light, a solid or tone on tone that compliments the lights in the paisley/floral print.  Then you could take your med-dark out and use it for a border.

Elaine,

I agree with Maia, and that's what I ended up doing with mine.  I remember Sandy saying to be really careful with any prints that are not small enough for 3 inch squares.  Pretty fabrics, by the way!

EDIT: Oops, I see that you already came to that decision.  I'm always posting too late.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 70
Tracy replied on Tue, Mar 15 2011 10:36 AM

Great Idea! - use the paisley as the border.  I love the colors - very intense.

Tracy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Mar 15 2011 2:12 PM

Hi everyone in MQ4.  I hope you all are remembering to check into the official group discussion area from time to time.  I'm sort of stuck with the cutting until someone offers some advice to the question I posted there.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Posts 56
Points 820
MTAnn replied on Tue, Mar 15 2011 2:36 PM

I'm confused  (seems to be the story of my life today) - where is the 'official group discussion area?  I haven't picked out fabric yet - tomorrow for sure - I'm really new to this whole format.  Thanks.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Mar 15 2011 2:50 PM

Do you see the "Groups" link in the upper menu bar?  If you are doing this quilt, I think you'll want to join the group.

Here is a direct link to the group for MQ4.  Mystery Quilt #4 - Baubles and Beads

Not Ranked
Posts 56
Points 820
MTAnn replied on Tue, Mar 15 2011 3:16 PM

Great!  Got it!  I had joined the Group, but couldn't remember how to get to that beginning page!  I'm on it now...and tomorrow I'll get my fabric.  And then get to cutting...lots of triangles!!!  Thanks so much.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,541
Sandy H. replied on Tue, Mar 15 2011 7:33 PM

I apologize for being MIA for a couple of days.  I was having a little trouble getting on the computer.

This is our new furbaby Zoe.  Apparently our house has a sign somewhere that says "All unwanted cats welcome here."  She had been hanging around for a couple of weeks but I was very strong willed and had nothing to do with her.  Until I realized she was PG and saw her eating bird seed under my feeders.  When my DH said I might as well feed her or I was just going to be miserable that was all the push I needed.  A trip to the vet confirmed she is 5-6 weeks PG and due in 2-3 weeks so my sewing room has been turned into a maternity ward.  As you can see she has pretty much taken over already.  She has not been introduced to the other four cats, but I think we will save that until after the kittens arrive.

Now, back to MQ business.  If you have posted a question in the group, I have answered them all so check for your answers.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,541
Sandy H. replied on Tue, Mar 15 2011 7:37 PM

MNnancy:
Is there enough contrast between the green and the red?

Nancy, I think your fabrics are great and I love your border fabric.  The red and green will work fine.

Southwest Florida

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Mar 15 2011 8:33 PM

What an interesting looking kitty, Sandy.  She has the exact markings of our rescue calico, but her triangular face looks so much like a siamese cat.  Good luck with the introductions to the rest of the feline family!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,476
Points 24,140

Thanks, everyone, for your advice on my choices of fabric. I will hit the LQS tomorrow and see if I can find another light to go with these others that I have chosen.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,972
Points 384,252
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 15 2011 8:51 PM

Sandy,

I like Zoe. Bless you and DH for taking her in.

Page 26 of 100 (1489 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use