Page 3 of 100 (1489 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,488 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,247
Points 239,887
Thea replied on Thu, Feb 17 2011 1:39 PM

Sandy - glad to see you back - just noticed the new group for MQ4 - joined in - I will probably be joining in and making this one!  I have a few irons in the fire that I am working on but I do love a good mystery!  So you can count me as a participant.  the date is a good date too - you are starting on my DH's birthday so what says do this quilt more then that...teehee...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, Feb 17 2011 2:40 PM

Just had a look at the MQ3 gallery.  WOW, each and everyone of you should be so proud of your work and the color combinations chosen give me all kinds of inspiration.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Thu, Feb 17 2011 6:19 PM

Althea :
I will probably be joining in and making this one! 

Hi Thea,

Glad you'll be joining us.  I'm sure you'll still have time for you other "irons" too since we only get new instructions once a week.  I'm anxious to get started.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 208
Points 3,505
Pearl replied on Thu, Feb 17 2011 6:53 PM

I always wanted to try a mystery quilt.  I do work full time and have a part time job I do too, but most of the time i am not working on the weekends any more, so would like to give this a try. I am looking forward to the instructions.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Thu, Feb 17 2011 7:48 PM

Sandy H.:

Three weeks to go.  Hope you'll all be ready to go by then.

I told the ladies at the quilt workshop today that my favorite thing is Mystery Quilts, and showed 4 tops and 4 completed quilts that were all from Mysteries - I have done so many now, an I still want to get in on every one that comes along ~~~ better count me in for this one, too.  The workshop is having a small simple one, for the six weeks it runs, so will have it at the same time - but that's OK, I will be ready!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, Feb 17 2011 10:40 PM

Sandy H.:
as far as the print goes ... I used a large medium but probably would have been better with a small medium or large small print.  Does that make any sense?!

Aaach, no, it doesn't make sense to me.  What's a large small print?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,274
Points 173,313
Marie replied on Fri, Feb 18 2011 8:32 AM

Don't feel bad Nancy, I don't either!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Feb 18 2011 5:44 PM

MNnancy:

Aaach, no, it doesn't make sense to me.  What's a large small print?

Sorry, didn't mean to be confusing.  It's a print that is small enough to be cut into a 3" square and still retain the design.  I used a butterfly print that was a little too large so I only get the benefit of the colors and not the design.  You can't really tell that it's butterflies unless you study it closely.  Now, if seeing the design on the fabric is not important and you only want the color or the texture, then you can use any size you want. 

Hope this helps.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Feb 18 2011 5:57 PM

Yes, Richard, I will post a pic of the print I used.  I'll put the pic here in this forum as soon as I take it.  But no more hints!!  Part of the fun of the mystery is selecting fabric "blindfolded" and seeing the outcome.  Just go with something you like and it will be beautiful.

Southwest Florida

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Ah Sandy:  The fun of another MQ. Thanks for taking this one on!

I'll not be in this one, because I'm committed to cleaning up my UFO'S.  However, I certainly will enjoy watching as this unfolds.  It's so much fun to guess what the pattern will be as you go along.  I was wrong on each one!  LOL

I learned a great lesson on the MQ2.  My idea of a medium color was wrong and the finished quilt stars just didn't show.  Great lesson in color choices!  It was a fun way to learn!

So I'll try to be a good "cheerleader"!

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Fri, Feb 18 2011 6:51 PM

Sandy, lets clear some things up here.

this time around and last time around, people have jumped the gun some what.

Are you not just advertising on this board for interest in doing MQ4?

won't  there be an MQ4 "group" in groups when the time comes

and won't everything we need to know when we need to know it be posted in that group?

I do not think that at this time you are giving any instruction yet are you?

was there ever a post made about fabric selection?

everyone please be patient and go for the ride in three weeks when it comes.

If I am wrong about any of this please feel free to chastise me.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Fri, Feb 18 2011 6:55 PM

Sandy H.:

Ok everybody ... time to get ready for MQ 4!

Fabric requirements and cutting instructions will be posted on March 4th.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Feb 18 2011 7:15 PM

Yes, Wendy, you are correct.  I am just throwing out a few hints to try to attract as many participants as I can.  The more the merrier!

The MQ4 Group is being finalized as we speak and should be up any day now.  As of right now, we are just chatting about MQ 4, and no fabric or cutting info has been given out yet. 

This is like the old Carole King song ... "Anticipation, is making me wait."   Or something like that! :)

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 80
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Fri, Feb 18 2011 7:37 PM

Count me in (provided my stash will cover most of the fabric).

Pat

Page 3 of 100 (1489 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use