Countdown to MQ 4 Begins

Page 1 of 100 (1489 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,488 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. Posted: Sat, Feb 5 2011 3:02 PM

Ok everybody ... time to get ready for MQ 4!

Fabric requirements and cutting instructions will be posted on March 4th.  Only four short weeks away.  This is another pattern from Debbie Caffrey and I have to say it is my favorite of all her patterns I have made.  This one  has more steps and more sewing than the ones we''ve done previously, but like all her patterns, are easy enough for even the beginning quilter to do.

So start clearing off your work tables and finishing up some projects so you'll be ready for MQ 4.

Southwest Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077

Okay Sandy, will start thinking about colors, You ladies and Gents sure keep us busy on here,always cracking that whip, getting us motivated LOL

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 47,780

Gollly, gee willickers, I haven't finished MQ2 yet.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,976
Points 368,797
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 5 2011 8:06 PM

Hey Sandy H,

It's been a while. I don't know if I'll be in on this one but I'll be cheering the others along. I still have one and three to complete.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Hi, Sandy, I'm not sure I will be in on this one either, I have so many other irons in the fire. But like Kris, I will cheering everyone on. I still haveTisket a Tasket to catch up on, I only have 3 blocks of Farmers Wife Sampler done, and the list goes on and on. But I will join the group so I can keep up with everyone's progress. And may even do it someday in the future.

Elaine

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

Oh boy! I better get busy! My New Year's Resolution is that I have to finish 2 UFOs before I can start a new project. I am close on a couple so I better get to it. March 4th .... hmmmm....no problem! I'm there!

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 5,100
Annette replied on Sun, Feb 6 2011 1:37 PM

I agree Rhonda!   I've been spending the last  month cutting up kits for charity quilts for my quilt group.   Need to hit the machine and catch up on some sewing - including MQ3.   About 4 weeks and counting huh.......petal to the metal!

Annette

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 142
Points 2,710
Cheri replied on Sun, Feb 6 2011 1:55 PM

Sandy,

I have never taken part in a Mystery Quilt before but you have peeked my interest. Since I am new at this could you please give me a rundown of the rules and how it works? I look forward to participating.

Cheri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Hi Sandy--

Good to hear from you.  Where have you been?  Don't know if I'll be able to work on this one--so much else going on--but we'll see.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526

Kris:
I still have one and three to complete.

I know what you mean Kris.  I just finished the top for #3 and have to get the quilting done by mid-April so I can give it to my niece.  I hope you'll be able to join us, but if not, we can always use a cheerleader.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526

Cheri:

Sandy,

I have never taken part in a Mystery Quilt before but you have peeked my interest. Since I am new at this could you please give me a rundown of the rules and how it works? I look forward to participating.

Cheri

Hi Cheri and welcome to QCA.  MQ's are a lot of fun.  On March 4th I will tell you how much fabric you will need and give you directions to cut all the pieces.  You'll have two weeks to select your fabric and get your cutting done.  Then, every Friday for the next six weeks I will post the next step with pictures and you will have all week to complete that step.  At the end of the six weeks you will have all the blocks made for your quilt top.  Piece of cake!!  I certainly hope you will join us.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526

Joyce Brenden:

Hi Sandy--

Good to hear from you.  Where have you been?  Don't know if I'll be able to work on this one--so much else going on--but we'll see.

Hi Joyce.  I've been lurking around the forums but have been so busy I haven't had time to do much posting.  I hope you can join us ... this is a beautiful pattern.  But, if not , you can join the cheerleading squad with Kris and Elaine.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Sun, Feb 13 2011 10:12 AM

Three weeks to go.  Hope you'll all be ready to go by then.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Feb 14 2011 8:23 AM

Sandy, you make it sound so enticing.  But I told myself I was going to skip the next one.  I just now finished one of two MQ1s and have yet to finish the tops for MQ2 and MQ3.  And it is my goal this year to finish at least one UFO a month. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 1 of 100 (1489 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use