Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 25 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 280
Nanny D Posted: Fri, Feb 4 2011 3:39 PM

Hi, My name is Nancy. I've been a fiber art addict for over 40 years. I started with Mom's scraps and making blankets and rugs for my barbies.  These days I am a fan of quilting, sewing, embroidery (hand and machine), counted x-stitch, crochet, knitting, jewelry making, and paper crafting. 

I am forever trying to re-organize my studio to make room for fabric, tools or machines.  I also collect machines from an early 1919 Singer hand crank to my Brother 4000D with the upgrade. I also have a Pfaff Grandquilter and frame still new i the box for over 3 years and I just purchased a Tin Lizzie 18 sit down model.  Needless to say I'm in a state of panic trying to make room for it.  I would love to hear from you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 4 2011 3:43 PM

Nancy

Wow.  I would like to come play in your sewing space with all your great machines.   Welcome to the club and hope you enjoy your time with us.  Love to see pics of some of your work.  I used to do a lot of counted x-stitch but have trouble seeing it anymore.  Also used to do alot of crochet...before I became addicted to quilting.  Now all my time is spent with my fabric and  quilting supplies....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Fri, Feb 4 2011 3:47 PM

Welcome, Nancy.  I'm with Nana.  Could we come to your house and play? LOL.

Sound like you'll have tons to share here.  Can't wait to see pictures.

Linny T

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 280
Nanny D replied on Fri, Feb 4 2011 4:22 PM

I would love to have a play date but I think we quite a distance between us. I'm with you on the eyesight and x-stitching. I need to get a new Rx because my eyesight changes rather quickly with fibromyalgia. I have a couple of quilt tops that are a work in progress. I think I spend too much time thinking and planning when I should just get busy. I will have to learn how to post pictures on here so I can show you. It sounds like you have the same fabric addiction as I do. I love it!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 280
Nanny D replied on Fri, Feb 4 2011 4:31 PM

Hi Linny, like I told Nana I would love play dates. I have been looking for a quilting group to join but there really isn't anything around me because I live rural.  I did find some quilds but their main focus is charity quilting. I love to pay it forward but I'm looking for something more casual. I just want to spend time with other people that enjoy similar interests. Since the room is is total chaos it will be a little while before I post pictures.  Last week my wonderful friend Joan came and spent two days with me gutting the room and moving the large furniture around. I'm trying to make room for all of the fabric that was in bags and the new machine. I'm in trouble though because I realized I still have a trunk full of scrapbooking stuff and my cricut from a recent class I took.  I need a much larger space.  Although when I had everything in my driveway I did have several people stop thinking it was a garage sale.  A couple ladies said it "was the best garage sale they had ever seen, it was like heaven."  I thought to myself, yep this must be what Heaven is like!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092

Welcome Nancy D, So glad to have you with us.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195

Welcome Nanny D, looks like you have found the right place to be.  We are really casual, and a lot of fun.  Plus everyone helps everyone with problems or questions.

Granny M

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 5,660

Welcome to QCA, Nancy! Where do you live? You must have a huge craft/sewing room to have all those machines. We look forward to seeing some of your creations!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Fri, Feb 4 2011 8:15 PM

You know, Nanny, I remember when I didn't have a room to myself and I thought about having a whole room to my stuff, how great it would be.  Now that I have one, the larger of my 2 bedrooms, it still isn't big enough.  I need 1 room for stash and 1 room for sewing.  Well, I guess I could sleep on the couch, but what would I do with my clothes? LOL.  It's a sickness.  It really is.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,038
Points 369,072
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 4 2011 9:29 PM

Welcome Nanny D.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,543
Points 416,999
gini replied on Fri, Feb 4 2011 9:57 PM

welcome nanny d       gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 280
Nanny D replied on Fri, Feb 4 2011 10:08 PM

Thank you Leslie, I'm glad I found QCA.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 280
Nanny D replied on Fri, Feb 4 2011 10:10 PM

Thanks Granny M, it seems like a fun place to be. I'm excited to be here.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 280
Nanny D replied on Fri, Feb 4 2011 10:20 PM

Hi Richard,

I'm not at all shocked that a man responded. I love your stories! I would probably want to keep all the fabric for myself if I had a store.  I know that isn't realistic because you have to sell it to pay the bills, but I'd sure try. I haven't been very productive today in my room but I've met a lot of nice new friends - in my jammies...lol

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use