Top 10 Posters

Who loves to combine quilting and machine embroidery?

Page 7 of 7 (99 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 98 Replies | 18 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 955

While I would LOVE the Babylock ellissimo (I have a friend who loves it), I am leaning towards the Husqvarna Ruby - its not the top top of the line but its still an awesome machine to start and grow with.  The other thing is price and the Ruby would fit a little better into budget... 

BTW - I think the growth chart is awesome, I'd love to be able to make one for my granddaughter.

Monika

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Monika - Husqvarna Ruby sounds lovely!  If you purchase it, you'll have to post a photo of it and let us all know how it works.

Thanks for your kind words about the Growth Chart.  You just need some laminated cotton and away you go!!!

Kim

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Mar 20 2012 12:57 AM

What have I done????  I order a new Bernina 830LE today!  I am still in shock that I did it, and that my husband stood here and let me (no, he actually encouraged me)!!!  I will be picking it up in about 2 weeks, so stay tuned for pictures and a name...how about Auntie Bernie?

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Mar 20 2012 7:42 AM

Donna

I am so jealous.  You are getting an awesome machine.   Maybe someday in my future.  I know that you will really enjoy her.  WTG

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Tue, Mar 20 2012 7:51 AM

Wow, Donna ~  I am soooo jealous! I have an original 830 that has been my sewing workhorse, and 4 years ago I bought a Bernina 730E, which is teaching me all about embroidery.  I have done a lot with her, and even bought the Bernina software 5 program (I really need to upgrade now to 6).  The 830 is so sweeeeeet, but the other thing I would have to "get" for it would be a new room!

Congratulations!  :D

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
Ivy replied on Tue, May 22 2012 3:09 PM

Hi, Charlotte. I just got the Sofia on Saturday to replace my Kenmore. I love it :) I am brand new to machine embroidery. It has slots for USBs and memory cards so you can import embroidery designs of your own making or from websites. I think the Baby Lock format is PES. How do you get the design off the website, onto a thumb drive, so you can pop it in your Sofia and transfer the design? I would really appreciate any reply. I'm going to the quilt shop on Saturday so they can tell me, but an earlier reply would be nice :)

Ivy

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
Ivy replied on Tue, May 22 2012 3:12 PM

Exactly, Linny. I just got the Sofia (I love it!) and my first project is a crazy quilt using my late dad's ties. The center patch is going to contain a machine embroidered motif. --Ivy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 29,135
Ramona replied on Tue, May 22 2012 9:42 PM

Hi Kim,

Sorry, I've just come across your question. The 200x200 hoop would do an 8x8 embroidery design. Whoops, I had forgot to say that in my post.  I do not digitize my designs.  I have done a few simple things for a friend but I haven't done enough to be good at it. I would like to find time to teach myself how.  I have taken a few classes but with us traveling back and forth to KY all the time I can't get settled enough in Fla to get back to the classes. 

• | Post Points: 20
Page 7 of 7 (99 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use