Top 10 Posters

Who loves to combine quilting and machine embroidery?

Page 5 of 7 (99 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 98 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,160
Granny M replied on Tue, Mar 15 2011 6:38 PM

Ann:

Will definitely practice the hooping part.

Have fun.  I am getting ready to do some embroidery for the birth date quilt.  It will have a little girl in the center, with her name and birth date.  Around that will be a circle of teddy bears and raggedy teddy bears.  I will let you know when I post, (probably be two or three weeks)  I have made several quilts with embroidery that are in my gallery. 

Granny M

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Hi Ann.  Some of the stabilizers remain with the item and are not torn away or washed away but can serve to make the item (tote bag, etc.) more stable.

Kim

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 335

Hello all, it has been a busy week. We had our guilkd meeting and had a speaker, Dalen Keys. He and his wife, Mitzi, had a trunk show and showed us hios book Just a Quilt . Very cute. It is a children's picture book and about the imagination of a boy and his quilt.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Hi Jean.  Do you know if the author has a website?  I'd very much like to have a look at the picture book.

Kim in Canada

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 210
LINDA DD replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 10:33 AM

Hi

was this a pattern, I've been looking for a masculine one to do for my husband. He used to work for the park service and this would be perfect? Can you share where you got the pattern?

Linda DD

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 335

Hi, Yes he has a site. He Nd his wife make appearances at guild meetings also.

http://www.dalenkeys.com

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Thanks so much Jean!

Kim in Canada

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 335

hi,

I just noticed you're in Canada. I'm near Boston and the Keyes are from Pennsylvania. You never know they might love a trip north if your guild can get them. Do you belong to a guild?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Mon, Apr 11 2011 11:25 AM

Hi there Jean.  I live in Canada alright - but waaaay over nearer to the West coast than the East coast of Canada.   I don't belong to a guild.  A quilting friend of mine has been wanting me to join her guild, but I have not done that yet.  Do you enjoy belonging to your guild?

Kim in Canada

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 335

Kim,

I do enjoy beinmg in a guild. We have various charity works, show and tells!!! and speakers. We meet once a month from Sept to June. Every other year we have

quilt show and during the year we might have a week end away  to quilt or a one day bus trip to visit shops. The women in the group are very talented and I love seeing what they DO.  We are on the web. hammersmith quilters guild.in Saugus, Massachusetts. I am sure you will have a good time after all i have never mety a quilter I didn't like!

Have to go....jean

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, May 11 2011 4:36 PM

The guild here meets once a week and I find that to be to much.  I get togeather with a bunch of quilters once every month or so and find that to be just about right.  as soon as my deck is finished, I am hosting a quilters day at my house to christen it.  the weather had better cooperate!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 20
Jean replied on Sat, May 21 2011 9:51 PM

I  have just purchased a new sewing machine that embroiders also.... I am loving it.  I do have a question though..... What do you think is the cleanest thread for most machines?  The embroidey thread is very expensive, is there a place to go where I can get the polyester threads cheaper.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Hi Jean!  Congratulations on your new machine.  What make did you purchase?

Insofar as answering your thread question is concerned - I can only tell you what I do.  I have a Brother embroidery/sewing machine and have chosen to use Brother embroidery threads with the machine.  They work so well together.  I purchase my threads via ebay.  Brother embroidery threads are vibrant and beautiful and have always given me a great result.

Kim in Canada

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
gskbrown replied on Mon, May 23 2011 7:51 PM

Hi Kim, when time permits, I do baby quilts with machine embroidery. My family members loved them. I don't digitize my designs. I have a Bernina 440QE with embroidery module. I found some good quilting designs on ebay andDesign By Sick  http://www.designsbysick.com/ The picture of Spiderman quilt has embroidery design  from software that came with machine. I didn't use any stablizer for machine embroidery, figure that the three layers were good enough. Didn't have any problems stitching out design.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 505
Claire replied on Mon, May 23 2011 8:00 PM

Did you just put your quilt sandwich into the hoop and turn the machine on?

• | Post Points: 35
Page 5 of 7 (99 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use