Top 10 Posters

Who loves to combine quilting and machine embroidery?

Page 3 of 7 (99 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 98 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Kim~

I started doing embroidery first with my machine and then fell into the quilt bucket addiction. I have a Babylock Ellegante. I have thousands of designs that I've either purchased or got for free or from an embroidery club I used to be in. Ebay used to be a great place to purchase designs but not any longer.  I have two or three sets of different blocks that I have started embroidering......unfinished. A lot of my first quilts were done with machine embroidery accents.....I haven't put them in my gallery yet.......someday. You can see some of them on my website but I want to take better pics before I add them to QCA.

If you go to "Groups" on the red tool bar above there is a Machine Embroidery group. I think in the media we have put some pics so you can see some of the things that we have done. You have to "Join the Group" when you go there.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,700
Sandra replied on Sat, Feb 19 2011 2:37 PM

HI, I like combining quilting & embroidery. I needed 6 squares more to make a quilt a queen size for a male friend of mine, so have embroidered 6 dragons to add in... a lot of my designs come from a site called   DesignsbySick.... http://www.designsbysick.com/   they put out new designs every week. I have a lifetime membership & it has been well worth it so far!!! will post the dragon quilt once the strips are all sewn together!

Sandra

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

I look forward to seeing your quilt Sandra.

Kim in Canada

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Hi Diane.  I'm pretty certain that I did join the QCA machine embroidery group - and I'm looking forward to participating.

Kim in Canada

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Thanks Marie!

Kim in Canada

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Kim~

I doubled checked the Group Media section and there are a lot of pictures in there of my quilts and stockings. Nana has a bunch of things in there, too. Stephanie has her cats. Kelley....Tons of eye candy. You have to look at all the pages but some real neat things have been done. Come on over!

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Hi Sandra and welcome~

Can't wait to see your pics.

North of Boston MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 50
Maxine replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 4:08 PM

Hi!  Kim your quilt is great.  I just joined and I have a Bernina.  I've done some embroidery on things for our

church bazaar and did a quilt top called The Garden Club by Smith Street designs.  I took a once a month class

at my Bernina dealer for 6 months(over a year ago) and I had a great time.  I completed the embroidery and now want to add a pieced

border.   I live about 3 hours from the nearest place to take lessons, so I don't get to go often.  I really need to learn about how to use

the software.    I have gotten some designs from Embroidery Library and like their work plus they have great sales, but it's good to hear

about new places.  Maxine

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 335

This looks wonderful! It makes me want to get out that box of woodland material I have been collecting!

Jean

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Hi Maxine.  So fabulous to hear from you!  Thanks so much for your kind words about my quilt  - I really appreciate it.

Embroidery Library has some great designs - as does www.embroidables.com, which I totally love and use their designs all the time.  Do you have Bernina digitizing software?

I also think it's a lot of fun to take quilt/embroidery classes!  It's nice to compare notes with the other people in the classes and get help and support from the instructors.   That's a challenge to live so far away from the dealer....you must like to purchase fabric, etc. online?

I would love to hear back from you Maxine.

Kim in Canada

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Hi Jean.  I'm thinking you must be referring to making a crazy quilt?

Kim in Canada

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 335

Hi Kim,

I am new to this site and will have to learn about placing the reply properly. I actually clicked on the older "Bear" Quilt.

I have returned to quilting with a vengence recently. My Viking Embroidery machine is old and not compatable to my computer. My children surprised me with a

Brother SE400 embroidery for Christmas! I am experimenting with it and will embellish my quilts. I hope to find classes to help me get the most out of the machine, 

Have a good evening

Jean

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Jean - that is so fabulous!  A brand new Brother machine?  I have an extremely old Brother machine - but it is incredibly durable and I just love it.  Did some digitizing software come along with your new machine?

Kim in Canada

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 7:49 PM

Kim and Jean,  I have a Brother Quarttro 6000 D and have done alot of embroidery on quilts.  I love it.  I have extensive design library but do not have the ability to digitize.  I noticed an add in the brother news letter that they are including the PE design with the quattro 6000 for a special sale this month.  Now why could they have not done that when I bought mine.   I have some of my quilts in the gallery and I am going to put the Indian Nation and Childs Prayer in the quilt show on the 19th. We have an embroidery group on QCA but no one has done anything with the group for some time. 

You all have a good evening

Granny M

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 335

Granny M and Kim,

I guess it is time for usa to get the QCA  embroiodery going!  I don't reallt know about digitizing. I am going to attend the Sewing Expo in Worcester, MA in May 2011. I am sure Brother will have a display and I will get info, I hope, about education on the machine. I am a retired teacher, HORRAY, and have time to attend classes. I will see if there is anything I can share with you all. I will post it.

Take care...the sun is out so can spring be far behind?

Jean

• | Post Points: 50
Page 3 of 7 (99 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use