Top 10 Posters

Who loves to combine quilting and machine embroidery?

Page 2 of 7 (99 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 98 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,333
Points 113,860
Linny t replied on Wed, Feb 2 2011 6:37 PM

I don't have an embroidery machine yet, but I love the possibilities.  I saw your Valentines quilt and it is lovely.  I was thinking that Crazy Quilts are great candidates for machine embroideries.

Linny T

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 4,940
Sue replied on Mon, Feb 14 2011 6:07 AM

Hi Kim,

Thanks for asking, yes I do some embroidery on the quilts. 2) yes some digitizing I have the Auto digitizing program old one, it is the one that Viking  bought and put in the 4D 5D programs  I really could use a brush up class, I am slow at it mostly just do it because I can't find the designs I want.  I have a D-1 and a Diamond Viking or Husquarna 3) there is a site called (Cute Embroidery .com) that I like. I am working on a quilt now for my neighbor.  I really haven't looked  I just let my quilts talk to me and it may not be what a pro quilter likes but the people who receive them tend to love them.  I am not the best quilter but I do try to pass anything on that I could help some one with if they ask

I hope showing the picture was OK 

This lovely lady has cancer and wanted some thing for GD to remember her with. Her new husband wanted one for her so that is how the neighbor got me to make this quilt I do have to quilt it, but the top is done.

what do you think, too busy? I placed the center blocks and got the the same size and then the sides making sure what side each on was on and them sizing them they did how ever get a little to big some times. I use warm and natural batting and this time I am using the soft and cuddle for the backing (the baby stuff) it is so soft.

thank you Sue

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Mon, Feb 14 2011 6:34 AM

Sue great looking quilts, I am sure everyone will love them

Kim,  I have not gotten into digitizing yet.  I do get some great patterns from bunnycup.com and ABC. I think there is also an embroidery library out there somewhere. A place called shoppers rule.com is having some classes on the Generations software, but truefully you can go on the Generations web site and they have the classes as well.  Software is way to expensive for me right now.   There is also PE Design, I have a brother machine so I am not sure if that is a brother package or works with any machine.   Hope this helps

Granny  M 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 14 2011 9:50 AM

Sue

Love the quilts.  The baby quilt is so precious.  Great work.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Mon, Feb 14 2011 10:51 AM

Good Monday morning to you Gini!  Thanks for the tip - I will definitely check out the group.

Kim

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Mon, Feb 14 2011 10:55 AM

Sue - Happy Monday morning to you!  Wow - such fabulous work on your part.  Thanks ever so much for taking the time to post your quilt photos for all of us to see.  I think just letting your quilts "speak to you" is a lovely idea and I'm absolutely sure your quilt recipients totally love your work.

Are you part of the machine embroidery/quilting group on QCA?

Kim in Canada

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 395

I've done several quilts and wall hangings with both guilting and embroidery. If you look in the Show and Tell Gallery for Kool, Kool Kitties (tags: cats, king size) you will see 2 photos of a guilt that has 14 embroidered butterflies on it. They are a little hard to see, but they are there. The label for my quilts I digitized myself. Because my name is Charlotte, my quilts have a label with a spider and spiderweb and the name "Charlotte's Webs" on them. I also embroider the name of the quilt and date and city/state on the quilt label, then sign it in permanent ink. Some day soon I will put a photo of a label on the gallery. The spaces between the web strands offers me places to fill in with 3 different color embroidery thread, that I match to the colors of the front of the quilt.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 4,940
Sue replied on Mon, Feb 14 2011 7:38 PM

Hi Kim  Hope you had a good day to. I joined the Little Houses?   signed up but have not done any thing yet . I do plan on learning the process of the picture quilts. I am going to take a class at the International Quilt Festival in Cincinnati, Ohio   in April.  Thank you. Sue      

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 4,940
Sue replied on Mon, Feb 14 2011 7:49 PM

You did a wonderful job on them  they look great. you do really good work. I think that using the web as a quilt label is awesome.  Sue 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 395

I have no idea if we are supposed to mention vendor's names or websites in forums or discussions. Would someone please let me know. I have come across 2 sites with incredible embroidery that I would like to share, but not unless someone says it is ok. 

What embroidery machines do you people use? And what software? I do my quilt piecing, machine quilting on small wall hangings, and machine embroidery on my Babylock Ellissimo. I love it - very dependable. I have a small Babylock Sofia that also does embroidery. I use this machine when I go somewhere to sew or embroider because it is very light weight. I have Masterworks - on which I digitized my spider and spiderweb. I also have Quiltworks and Sizeworks.

Charlotte

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Tue, Feb 15 2011 12:51 PM

Charlotte M. Sylvia:

I have no idea if we are supposed to mention vendor's names or websites in forums or discussions. Would someone please let me know. I have come across 2 sites with incredible embroidery that I would like to share, but not unless someone says it is ok. 

It  is ok to post vendors and web sites.  We do it all the time.   As for mchines I have a Brother Quarttro 6000D which is the same as your Babylock Ellissimo.  It reads pes, and dst.  I have not done any digitizing and while I look at the software, I just am not ready for it yet.  I have a large library of pattens though.  Are the quiltworks and sizeworks digitizing softward

Granny M

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 580

Hi Kim,

I love combining embroidery and quilting.  It's really the only embroidery I do.  I just got a Bernina embroidery machine and I'm just learning what to do.  I haven't yet joined the QCA group.  Have you?  I'm a member of the Scrap Squad group and I love that one.

I'm currently working on a Hoopsisters quilt using my embroidery machine.  It's been a fun process because I've really learned a lot.  I posted some pictures on my blog at www.SewManyQuilts.blogspot.com

The other thing I'm having a lot of fun learning to do is machine applique on my embroidery machine.  but I have a LONG way to go on that.

Cheers, Dionne

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Sat, Feb 19 2011 11:49 AM

Hi Dionne.  So nice to read your post!  I will definitely take a look at your blog - in fact, I'm looking forward to doing that.  I've joined the Crazy Quilt Group and Machine Embroidery group on QCA.

Kim in Canada

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Sat, Feb 19 2011 12:29 PM

Hey all!  I'm pretty excited....I received my advance complimentary copies of Quilting & Embroidery magazine - spring edition - yesterday from Kentucky.  My quilt is featured in the magazine on page 50.  They did an absolutely beautiful job of photographing it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 19 2011 1:38 PM

Kim Hanson:
They did an absolutely beautiful job of photographing it

Kim what a beautiful quilt!  Great job!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Page 2 of 7 (99 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use