Top 10 Posters

Who loves to combine quilting and machine embroidery?

Page 1 of 7 (99 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 98 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson Posted: Mon, Jan 31 2011 9:48 PM

Hey all!  I was wondering who else out there loves to quilt and embellish with machine embroidery?  I really do and I'm interested in hearing all your stories.  First, do you digitize your own embroidery designs?  Second, what embroidery machine do you have?  Third of all - are you able to find great quilting and embroidery design patterns?

I'm interested in hearing from you....

Kim

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,543
Points 416,999
gini replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 9:52 PM

we have an embroidery group here,   they turn out lots of pretty things    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 10:32 PM

Kim

I do enjoy combining embroidery and quilting.  My "Bear Necessities" quilt was partially quilted in the hoop on the embroidery unit with some quilting designs that I had downloaded from one of the online companies.   I also want to do an embroidered Baltimore Album style quilt sometime this year.  I have a Bernina 435 but am hoping to upgrade to the 730.   I would love to have the 830 but the only way I can touch that one is when I drool over it in the store...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Wow!  Do you have a photo of your Bear Necessities quilt?  Bernina's, I've heard are really great machines.

Kim

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Hey Gini!  Do you mean an embroidery group at QCA or in Northern Idaho?

Kim

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 1 2011 10:47 AM

Kim

I do have a pic.  It was a gift for my son for Christmas.  There are some things I would do differently on the next one but I am happy with this for a first attempt at this method.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Tue, Feb 1 2011 11:00 AM

Kim Hanson:

Hey all!  I was wondering who else out there loves to quilt and embellish with machine embroidery?  I really do and I'm interested in hearing all your stories.  First, do you digitize your own embroidery designs?  Second, what embroidery machine do you have?  Third of all - are you able to find great quilting and embroidery design patterns?

I'm interested in hearing from you....

Kim

Kim I do alot of quilts using embroidry and quilting and quilting in the hoop.  There are a couple posted in my gallary.  I have a Brother Quattro 6000 D. I would love to try digitizing but the software is just out of my budget.   There are loads of embroidery designs out there.  One of my favorite sites is Bunnycup.com. She has loads of free sets as well as ones you pay for.  Her prices are very reasonable.  If you google embroidery designs, one will find all kinds of sites.

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,543
Points 416,999
gini replied on Tue, Feb 1 2011 11:28 AM

Kim Hanson:

Hey Gini!  Do you mean an embroidery group at QCA or in Northern Idaho?

on QCA,   you should go to groups and check it out.     gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Hi Kim,

I have just recently begun to incorporate embroidery into quilts. I have done a wallhanging with exotic animals (Pic. is in my blog, a baby quilt with the cutest baby animals from Cactus Punch. I never took a pic of that, but the designs sewed out fast and they were adorable. And the most recent was the MQ3 quilt that Nana designed. I used a HViking design and cropped it in my software to be able to fit in my block. Pic's of that are in my gallery. I love to see the designs coming to life in the machine with every change of the thread. Even after several years, it still fascinates me.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Hi Gini.  Do you mean there is an embroidery group on this website or do you mean in Idaho?

Kim

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Wow!  That is an absolutely amazing quilt Nana.  Thanks so much for sharing your photo with me.

Kim

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Hi Granny..I'm going to check out the quilts in your gallery.  I'm also thinking about getting back into digitizing embroidery designs, but I haven't yet had the opportunity to do the research on the software available.  I was unaware of bunnycup. com - but I will check them out as well.

Kim

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195

you are welcome Kim.

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,543
Points 416,999
gini replied on Tue, Feb 1 2011 7:49 PM

hi kim i posted an answer, but it was lost somewheres.   we have an embroidery group here on QCA      gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Kim--

I do enjoy combining quilting and machine embroidery.  I've posted a few samples on my blog, but haven't gotten around to setting up a gallery since QCA added that feature.  If you click on my name in the post, you can access the blog.

Kissimmee, FL

Page 1 of 7 (99 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use