Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 44 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson Posted: Sun, Jan 30 2011 10:00 PM

I love my two favorite things - quilting and yoga practise.  I'm wondering how many other quilters also love to practise yoga?  I'd love to hear from you!

Kim

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 6:46 AM

You have got to be kidding,  I can't even touch my toes LOL

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Ah but Leslie - it's not about touching your toes but just trying.  :o)  Back in 2008, my DIL and I went to an all ladies workout center here in town.  We took a class that was based on yoga called Synergy.  We loved it even though we weren't the most graceful participants in the class.  It really was helping to make us more flexible and energized.  I was really disappointed when the owner wanted to retire and couldn't find someone to take over the business.  We could have transferred our memberships to a coed center in town but it just wasn't the same.  That's when Dave got so sick too so I was spending most of my time not working at the hospital with him.  I do miss going to the workout center three and four days a week and taking classes or using the machines (which were scaled to females!)  I have recently bought some workout videos and a couple of them are yoga moves.  I haven't started using them yet because the house is all tore apart awaiting our new furniture. 

Kim - one of my favorite times of the class was at the end when she would put on this soothing music and we all laid on our mats and unwound.  Namestay  (I doubt I spelled that right!)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,524
gini replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 10:08 AM

kim, i work myself into enough of a pretzel getting my ski boots on.    no yoga for me.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 10:51 AM

Marge - you are so right!  It's not so much about the "doing" but about the "trying" for sure.  Yes, savasana is at the end of yoga class - Namaste!  I go to yoga three times a week - which does really cut into my sewing/quilting time for sure, but it's so worth it.  My back used to ache some days after hunching over my sewing machine for hours straight.  Now, I not only get some fabulous exercise but some much needed yoga therapy too. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 10:52 AM

Gini - although I live smack dab in the middle of the Rocky Mountains, I so NOT a skiier.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 10:56 AM

Kim

Sometimes Gini isn't a skier either....she is a faller.....LOL.   She really messed up a leg last year.  We are all praying that she has a better year this year.  I tried yoga for a while.  It is fun but if there isn't anyone here I can't get back up off the floor.  Arthritis and aging are no fun.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 11:23 AM

I shall keep skiing "Gini" in my prayers as she hits the slopes!

Also - Nana I'm sorry your arthritis plagues you.  That's not so much fun at all.

Kim

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,524
gini replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 11:28 AM

Nana:
Sometimes Gini isn't a skier either....she is a faller.....

i don't have to be on skis to be a faller, my middle name is klutz    :  0    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 1,135
Maryvc replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 12:48 PM

Hi

I love quilting, and I really enjoy Yoga also. Don't laugh, but I do yoga with Wii Fit Plus! Its great because I can do it at home, at my own pace, with nobody watching. Hey, at least I am trying.

Mary

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 12:54 PM

Mary

Sounds great to me....it is more than I am doing...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Mary, I think that's fabulous!  Who cares how you do the practise just that you do the practise.  A lot of people I know swear by their WII fit's.  I don't have one myself.  I NEED to be at the class to actually exercise.....

Kim

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

You are right Kim.  A class does motivate you more than just doing it on your own.  Celeste and I were of the mind that Hey, we paid for that membership.  By golly, we were going to take advantage of it!  Now my main exercise is getting out to walk with the two dogs.  Wwe are up to a mile and a half, under protest - sometimes it's me and sometimes it's them! :o)  

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 6:33 PM

Kim,

I used to practice yoga. I was an instructor years ago when I was stationed at Fort Bragg. For the past year and a half practice has been sporadic due to medical and personal issues. I'm trying to get back into it on a more regular basis. I've been doing Yoga Journal's 21 day challenge.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 6:36 PM

Mary,

I love the Wii and Wii Fit. I wish DH would play with me more. I love the balance games the best.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use