Top 10 Posters

Just found the Quilter's Club of America website via facebook!

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 1,200

Hi Kim and welcome. Hope to see lots of your work.

Linda

Gaylord, Mi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Hi Granny!  Kentucky is certainly "down the road a piece from me" - like 3,199 kms. to be exact.!  (I just checked on google maps).  I will jump right in for sure - but what I'm not sure about, is how much you will benefit from my knowledge!  Thanks so much for taking the time to welcome me.  I really appreciate it.

By the way, who are you "Granny" to?

Kim

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Thank you ever so much Kris!  I really appreciate you taking the time to "take a look"!  However do you sign your post with your name in script like that?  I love it!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Nana in Virginia - so nice to meet you and chat with you.  I see that you have logged the MOST posts on this site.  Would that be the entire Quilter's Club of America site or just this forum?  I'm very interested to hear more about you. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Rhonda!  Thanks so much for taking the time to post to my email.  I look forward to getting to know you as well.  I'm very interested in hearing all about you and about Tennessee.

Kim

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Bella - congratulations on being a fourteener!  The mountains may be higher here in Calgary than where you are (and where are you exactly?) but it doesn't mean that I've climbed them.  I'm actually in B.C. at this moment - we have a condo in Invermere, B.C. and the snow is absolutely pouring down.  It's amazingly beautiful, serene and peaceful.  Perhaps we may get snowed-in and not be able to head home tomorrow.  Not that I'm hoping or anything! 

I love, love, love machine embroidery and quilting combined.  How about you?

Kim

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Sat, Jan 29 2011 4:00 PM

Hi, Kim-

I am in Northglenn, which is a northern suburb of Denver, just east of the Rockies.  I am originally from the western slope, though, as I came from Grand Junction, which is very close to the Utah border.  There we are surrounded  by mountains to the east, and mesas and dessert to the west.  Here it is mountains to the west, and FLAT PRAIRIES to the east.  I feel lost without my mountains, so I don't dare go any further east.  I love machine embroidery, and own a Bernina 730! I also have an original Bernina 830 from 1978, and will probably never get another machine as long as I live.  I also love to sew garments, costumes (I was a theatre major and teacher for years), and crafty things.  I usually throw myself right into the middle of things if I want to learn something.  I make a lot of "mis-guided tours" (NEVER mistakes!) but at least I learn!  My cousins live in Kelowna, and have a lot of farms there.  It is beautiful there, too, as is Lake Louise, Banff.... oh I could go on and on!  Much prettier than Ottowa, but then, that is the way it is with the U.S., too. (and the North American continent, really....)  I hope to visit with you again on here!  Have a wonderful day!  Ciao ~ Bella

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Welcome Kim.  My ex FIL was born in Banff.  I haven't had a chance to check out your website yet but I will be doing that plus looking at your quilts in show and tell.  Enjoy your time with us and jump in whereever.  If you have a four-legged companion yhou might want to check out the "Farm anmimals and more" thread that is overseen by our one and only Ms Cricket from AZ.  The groups are a lot of fun too so don't forget to check those out. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 29 2011 9:28 PM

Kim

What can I say...I am a chatty individual...LOL>   I have been a member of QCA for about 2 yrs now and am one of the site volunteer moderators.  I also help with moderating a couple of our groups...Scrap Happys and Farmer's Wife Sampler.  I lead the MQ 3 group on the last mystery quilt journey...what they didn't know until the end was that the pattern was one of my designs.  I have been quilting for about  9 yrs now.  I took up quilting after I had to quit working in my profession as a nurse.  I have fairly severe arthritis and was no longer able to work.   I have 3 adult children and 2 grandchildren.  I also lead a grief support group at my church.   Quilting has been my therapy and has definitely became one of my passions.  I have sewn clothing since I was a pre teen but quilting came later in life.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use